Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 594. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
We cannot maintain 40k and u want it at 100k after dump... How much BC do u have and how much u gonna sell ? If answer on 2nd question is 0 I believe u... but I dont Smiley
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
pump is not a bad idea...
Activity: 475
Merit: 500
Sorry, I am misunderstanding you or you me.

1% for inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers for securing the network = 2.005% inflation per year. You are relying on >2.005% being lost every year for BC to be deflationary.

When you make a transfer of BC, you pay a fee? If so, where do the fees go? Some coins destroy them, some use to reward stakers. I'm not sure what BC does atm.

It's not 1% inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers. They are not separate entities, but are one and the same. The 1% inflation is derived from the 1% interest earned as and when wallets are opened.

As for 'where do the transfer fees go', good question, I forgot to look into that ...

I think I have it. On the last page you said:

"No, you will earn your 1% regardless of whether or not you have your wallet open for the full year. You will receive the interest once you re-open your wallet.

The advantage of having your wallet open all the time is that you help secure the network, and also earn compound interest on your 1%."

So you are saying you get 1% if you open your wallet just once per year but if you leave it open, you get compound interest on the same 1% (which we calcualted above as being 1.005%).

So the incentive stake 24/7 for a year is a bonus of 0.005%? You would get the 1% if you did nothing, right?

Can anybody clearify this?

I think the 1% Inflation of 74m is reached if everybody would have wallets opened all Time. So 100% of the coins are staking.
If u dont let wallet Open You get 0% because how could u get a block if there is no wallet pos Mining??
So you have to Open the wallet to Secure the Networ. Therefore u get fees plus stake on hitting a block.,

This should be cleared up asap, it is the basis of rewarding people and not enough people understand it.

I think you are probably right, it wouldn't be proof of stake if you weren't rewarded for 'proving your stake'. So 0% for keeping you wallet closed seems logical. Otherwise, 0.005% is no incentive to stake your wallet and the network will die quickly as soon as people realised this. A terrible set up, I doubt BC would ahve got this far with that model.

So you think you get the 1% for running your client 24/7/365  (compounding up to 1.005% over the year)  and the fees in a block? Do you have any links for the second part?

No, your interest is compounded because you keep your wallet open permanently. You gain 1% regardless.

The transaction fees, I would expect, are also paid to those who are staking ( there are no miners ), so this, plus the compounding of interest, is your incentive. Haven't found proof of this yet, but am in the middle of work, haven't looked far ;]

Cant compound After each block.. We would habe already doubled the total supply then.

From the articles posted, the compounding period is 8 hours. There are 1095 eight hour periods in a year (365 * (24/8)).

Each 8 hour period you get, 0.1 / 1095 = 0.000009132% on your stake

Compounding 0.000009132% up over 1095 periods = (1.000009132^1095) - 1 = 1.005% compounded for the year.

Thats allright now i think Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I can see no way that this pump will have  the intended effect.  I have put all my available BTC into BC, and I assume that anyone else who thinks this coin will do well has done the same thing.  It only makes sense then that anyone who will be involved in this pump is only interested in the dump that will come after because they are using BTC that they currently are not willing to put into the coin.

This is a bad Idea.

I of course have little experience and even less knowledge.  But as I see it this will have a negative effect because there will not be any holding for 3 days.

Phad.
Activity: 182
Wallet out off sync please help.
Thanks
Activity: 700
IconicExpert

Do not listen to them. Those who say it is a bad idea just did not buy Black when it was cheap Wink So now they are afraid that BC will become even more expensive and they will never buy it cheaper Roll Eyes
really? I bought cheap in the beginning and i am still buying more on price dips.
And i don't want a community pump that will IMO only be good for the guys who usually do at least have to do the market manipulations with their own resources.
Activity: 182
I would not be surprised, if some of those whales we want to fight with this pump, would actually help it to happen. Making us belive that smashed sell walls and rising price is solely by our (small fishes) effort. Hype rises, and then BAM!!! Fishes are fried...

You think people who write here are not whales also?

I'm well aware of that. That's why I warned people, and the whales also can see now that people are warned.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Voting for the community Pump is here:
http://poll.pollcode.com/44677639

I voted no btw.  Dumps always follow pumps, and too many newcomers will feel burned, damaging the BC community reputation.
Activity: 224
you think blackcoin gonna be pumped again?
Activity: 168
iconic, you're naive to think this kind of blatant mass market manipulation will help blackcoin and/or improve its image.

It won't work, and while I don't think you could harm blackcoin, its not great for your reputation.

if you were trading normal stocks, I'm sure this would be illegal.

I am between a rock and a hard place on this one. I want BC to grow naturally, but I also believe there are forces suppressing BC. If we continue on this path I am afraid that the price will be driven down more than it is now. So the only way to stop that is an organized pump. I do agree there could be blow back if it is not done correctly. Putting up high buy walls every 10,000 sat will minimize the sell off. I others and I feel if BC get to around 100k+ sat, the manipulation will be less and then BC can grow naturally.
Activity: 364
Merit: 301
IconicExpert

Do not listen to them. Those who say it is a bad idea just did not buy Black when it was cheap Wink So now they are afraid that BC will become even more expensive and they will never buy it cheaper Roll Eyes

So bc is only for the people that has buy in the early day''s?
legendary
Activity: 2433
Merit: 1642
IconicExpert

10. If I could just reach thru this screen.....

20. and shake some sense into you....

30. I own BC from since when it was cheap, I am investing huge amounts of mine (and others) money into BC and its associated projects. So to have a yappy comment such as yours appear in the thread makes me want to reach thru the screen and .... go to 20 (loop)
Activity: 564
OK Let me make this a LOT CLEARER!!

If you persue this course of action there are many that will drop out. Hell even I will consider it and I have a deep vested interest in ths coin.

Stop this rubbish and stop this idea NOW!

You have NO IDEA of the spectacular damage you will do to the brand and the business.

Your right I've been a big advocate on this coin but this pump is the first time this coined showed it's just like every other coin.  Any gimmick to promote it and get the price up in the short term.  Develop the promotion of the coin lets get it into other places.  
Activity: 700
I alo think the community pump is a bad idea.
However, we can still talk about it for 2 more days and then call it off, price is already rising on the exchanges with everybody getting cheap coins they expect to sell off in 2 days LOL
legendary
Activity: 2433
Merit: 1642

If you persue this course of action there are many that will drop out. Hell even I will consider it and I have a deep vested interest in ths coin.

You have NO IDEA of the spectacular damage you will do to the brand and the business.

I don't think iconic could harm blackcoin. but it doesn't help.

Its brand issue to me. And I see this as a damaging event should it be allowed to occur. Maybe not brand killer byut why set us back so far when so much good has been done
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Activity: 490
IconicExpert

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
I would not be surprised, if some of those whales we want to fight with this pump, would actually help it to happen. Making us belive that smashed sell walls and rising price is solely by our (small fishes) effort. Hype rises, and then BAM!!! Fishes are fried...

Agreed, rather keep the price in the band with a slight upwards trend. Keep the upper and lower support to maintain a consistent price with natural fluctuations between the upper and lower support levels. We will get there, even if it is in a year's time. Remember that consistency is the key to new investment and fresh capital.
Activity: 140

I don't see whats the problem to be honest with you
Jump to: