Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 592. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

this idea is against everything you have been previously posting. why the sudden change. just make it buy walls. add security, but don't try to pump it 150% that is retarded. maybe a community growth buy would be better. adding buy walls of 50 btc every few hundred sat making a huge wall would be better.

The sudden change comes from people behind the scenes PMing me. If you look back at the posts from the past 24 hours you will get an idea of what I mean. There are people who are tired of the suppression and vowing to leave BC all together. Setting up huge buy walls is only a band-aid ....

If People want to leave BC after everything it accomplished in less than 2 months, then we don't need them anyways.  Apparently the people PMing you are of the pump and dump mentality.  
Who cares if they leave?  Someone with 1Million BC threatening or bribing you?

A good coin will keep plugging away with or without the pump and dumpers.

In one way, another quick pump would give me opportunity to sell and double my coins on the crash to reality.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Black Whale Community Pump (4/25/2014 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time)

The BlackCoin community are once again about to make history!!! Never in the history of crypto has a community rallied together to pump the price of a currency in an attempt to break the control of unscrupulous whales!!! A global pump with hundreds of people working in unison will be nothing less than epic!!! We will become the "Black Whale".

On Friday 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time we will begin buying massive quantities of BlackCoin to stop the blatant manipulation of some holders who are purposely suppressing the growth of BlackCoin. This community will pump over 300 BTC into the BlackCoin ecosystem to consume the low priced sell walls.

We as a community will have to pledge to each other to follow some basic guidelines.

1.) You will only trade on Mintpal @ 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time.
2.) You will buy at market price and not buy on dips.
3.) You will not use this opportunity to sell off the coins you already hold.
4.) You will not sell any of the coins you buy for 3 days after the community pump.

I would like to formally ask the multi-pool operators to hold off buying coins for the next two days and join us on this epic event!!!

I want to make it clear that I do advocate adding value to BC and natural growth. But it is clear that BC price is being manipulated to remain at lower levels. We can do nothing and hope eventually we can break the suppression, or we can be proactive and buy up the artificially low sell walls. Whether you agree with the idea or not, if everyone joined in it will work. If appropriate measures are taken we can minimize the sell off that will be sure to follow. The goal here is to establish a floor high enough the makes it too expensive to keep playing these silly games. I would like to remind everyone that a few people vowed to destroy BC and it seems they are trying to keep their promise.

this idea is against everything you have been previously posting. why the sudden change. just make it buy walls. add security, but don't try to pump it 150% that is retarded. maybe a community growth buy would be better. adding buy walls of 50 btc every few hundred sat making a huge wall would be better.

The sudden change comes from people behind the scenes PMing me. If you look back at the posts from the past 24 hours you will get an idea of what I mean. There are people who are tired of the suppression and vowing to leave BC all together. Setting up huge buy walls is only a band-aid ....

setting up huge buy wall of let's say 1000 btc would be better then just buying 1000 btc worth of bc. leaving no buy walls to support the current price. leaving everyone high and dry holding a bag. if you take that 1000btc and set a permanent floor. allowing us not to dip anymore, MOVING THIS WALL FORWARD  every day would result in NATURAL GROWTH WITH NO MANIPULATION. OTHER THEN US SETTING A REAL FLOOR.

This seems much better than a coordinated pump.  The other thing which would help (which we cant control) is to have people actually just hold their Blackcoins and not sell them.  If no one is selling but the whales, they will run out of low priced coins eventually.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
IconicExpert

Do not listen to them. Those who say it is a bad idea just did not buy Black when it was cheap Wink So now they are afraid that BC will become even more expensive and they will never buy it cheaper Roll Eyes

I bought black at 6k haven't sold and hold a lot and I'm against  this!!
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

The BlackCoin community are once again about to make history!!! Never in the history of crypto has a community rallied together to pump the price of a currency in an attempt to break the control of unscrupulous whales!!! A global pump with hundreds of people working in unison will be nothing less than epic!!! We will become the "Black Whale".

On Friday 4/25/2013 - 8 PM EST - NYC Time we will begin buying massive quantities of BlackCoin to stop the blatant manipulation of some holders who are purposely suppressing the growth of BlackCoin. This community will pump over 300 BTC into the BlackCoin ecosystem to consume the low priced sell walls.

We as a community will have to pledge to each other to follow some basic guidelines.

4.) You will not sell any of the coins you buy for 3 days after the community pump.

I would like to formally ask the multi-pool operators to hold off buying coins for the next two days and join us on this epic event!!!

I want to make it clear that I do advocate adding value to BC and natural growth. But it is clear that BC price is being manipulated to remain at lower levels. We can do nothing and hope eventually we can break the suppression, or we can be proactive and buy up the artificially low sell walls. Whether you agree with the idea or not, if everyone joined in it will work. If appropriate measures are taken we can minimize the sell off that will be sure to follow. The goal here is to establish a floor high enough the makes it too expensive to keep playing these silly games. I would like to remind everyone that a few people vowed to destroy BC and it seems they are trying to keep their promise.

Iconic you're aggression against these whales is necessary!  What about all the BC purchased from this pump...maybe if an organized redistribution of this new pump BC wealth is spread to charities, or just put in an address(made public for BC community) and held for a big publicized event in the future it could definitely work.  It's naive to think community pumpers would put BC back into "public address" but it is the only way to trust this won't be dumped back...just a thought
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
New to posting in the forums and only been in the crypto scene for 2 weeks but i see an artificial pump as just that. Artificial. Having bought in at around 55k I've been sitting and watching the recovery from the sidelines. Personally i'd rather see the coin grow naturally so that the infrastructure and community are in place to support its growth. Since then i have bought in more around 40k. That being said my total investment is less that 50$ with not much room for me to invest more. So i hope to see the furthered progression of this coin to being the number one, not through manipulation but through the determination of its community.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

You mean people that want to make a quick buck and do not want to wait for a $100 coin in a year's time? Let them get out if they are impatient. New investment and fresh capital will appreciate the stability and buy up their coins. There is no place for pump and dumpers in a long term stable coin.
Activity: 644
Iconic, I think it would be far better as others have said, to set up a huge buy wall to counter the downward manipulation. And if its get sold into, the community just took a ton of BC out of the hands of a whale at a price they wanted. I would happily a fair amount of BTC to a community support wall.

We have some great months of May and June coming, we really don't need an artificial pump.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
iconic, you're naive to think this kind of blatant mass market manipulation will help blackcoin and/or improve its image.

It won't work, and while I don't think you could harm blackcoin, its not great for your reputation.

if you were trading normal stocks, I'm sure this would be illegal.

I am between a rock and a hard place on this one. I want BC to grow naturally, but I also believe there are forces suppressing BC. If we continue on this path I am afraid that the price will be driven down more than it is now. So the only way to stop that is an organized pump. I do agree there could be blow back if it is not done correctly. Putting up high buy walls every 10,000 sat will minimize the sell off. I others and I feel if BC get to around 100k+ sat, the manipulation will be less and then BC can grow naturally.
Every gets upset when you see a 40 BTC sell order looming over the current price and believe me if I could buy it myself I would, I just don't have the ability to. Pumping BC through these sell orders sounds good but if the coin is naturally priced what it is now it just will go back down after the pump.  The redistribution of those coins would be put to better use in everyone's eyes but at what cost?  The bad thing is this could cause a lot more people to be driven away from BC because there is still quite a bit of upset people that bought in high at the last P&D and are scorn by this coin since they are in the red and wont put any more time or money into it.  By doing this you are taking a chance of driving more people away from investing due to them not see the actually value of the coin and only seeing the amount they lost if the price goes back down.  Your intentions are good but if BC doesn't stabilize at the higher prices after the pump it will harm it more than help it.
Activity: 574
I'm going to head over to novacoin or peercoin to try and find more technical info.

Can anyone give me the main changes between nova/peer and bc so I can self edit what I read?  (Apart from 6 day pow distribution) pm preferred.

Thanks
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

setting up huge buy wall of let's say 1000 btc would be better then just buying 1000 btc worth of bc. leaving no buy walls to support the current price. leaving everyone high and dry holding a bag. if you take that 1000btc and set a permanent floor. allowing us not to dip anymore, MOVING THIS WALL FORWARD  every day would result in NATURAL GROWTH WITH NO MANIPULATION. OTHER THEN US SETTING A REAL FLOOR.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Very good idea!
Everyone send Iconic Bitcoin.
Iconic you should PM about making a Blackcoin pump group  Wink

novelty iconic troll, nice
Activity: 574

But no-one knows where the fees go. Into the devs pockets?

The One who got the block.. Like in pow

Sounds reasonably. But you don't sound sure Grin

Do you have links?

And you agree you get 0% if you don't stake?

Block with mined in POS fees:
http://blocks.blackcoin.pw/block/53781cd5b192cc70ecef67a668d52234066f3dbd2b44c9ef7894185b68fb3b0c

I meant links explaining how it workd Cheesy
Activity: 1
Very good idea!
Everyone send Iconic Bitcoin.
Iconic you should PM about making a Blackcoin pump group  Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Thats sounds like blackcoin shield. I was against BC shield but "invisible black coin shield" would be nice idea. Do not give all knownlege to ppl coz they will use it agaist to profit
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
Sorry, I am misunderstanding you or you me.

1% for inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers for securing the network = 2.005% inflation per year. You are relying on >2.005% being lost every year for BC to be deflationary.

When you make a transfer of BC, you pay a fee? If so, where do the fees go? Some coins destroy them, some use to reward stakers. I'm not sure what BC does atm.

It's not 1% inflation + 1.005% to pay the stakers. They are not separate entities, but are one and the same. The 1% inflation is derived from the 1% interest earned as and when wallets are opened.

As for 'where do the transfer fees go', good question, I forgot to look into that ...

I think I have it. On the last page you said:

"No, you will earn your 1% regardless of whether or not you have your wallet open for the full year. You will receive the interest once you re-open your wallet.

The advantage of having your wallet open all the time is that you help secure the network, and also earn compound interest on your 1%."

So you are saying you get 1% if you open your wallet just once per year but if you leave it open, you get compound interest on the same 1% (which we calcualted above as being 1.005%).

So the incentive stake 24/7 for a year is a bonus of 0.005%? You would get the 1% if you did nothing, right?

Can anybody clearify this?

I think the 1% Inflation of 74m is reached if everybody would have wallets opened all Time. So 100% of the coins are staking.
If u dont let wallet Open You get 0% because how could u get a block if there is no wallet pos Mining??
So you have to Open the wallet to Secure the Networ. Therefore u get fees plus stake on hitting a block.,

This should be cleared up asap, it is the basis of rewarding people and not enough people understand it.

I think you are probably right, it wouldn't be proof of stake if you weren't rewarded for 'proving your stake'. So 0% for keeping you wallet closed seems logical. Otherwise, 0.005% is no incentive to stake your wallet and the network will die quickly as soon as people realised this. A terrible set up, I doubt BC would ahve got this far with that model.

So you think you get the 1% for running your client 24/7/365  (compounding up to 1.005% over the year)  and the fees in a block? Do you have any links for the second part?

No, your interest is compounded because you keep your wallet open permanently. You gain 1% regardless.

The transaction fees, I would expect, are also paid to those who are staking ( there are no miners ), so this, plus the compounding of interest, is your incentive. Haven't found proof of this yet, but am in the middle of work, haven't looked far ;]

Cant compound After each block.. We would habe already doubled the total supply then.

From the articles posted, the compounding period is 8 hours. There are 1095 eight hour periods in a year (365 * (24/8)).

Each 8 hour period you get, 0.1 / 1095 = 0.000009132% on your stake

Compounding 0.000009132% up over 1095 periods = (1.000009132^1095) - 1 = 1.005% compounded for the year.

Thats allright now i think Smiley

Miners

There are no miners.

My understanding is that if you leave your wallet closed for a year, you will receive your 1% interest upon opening it. You will not receive the interest *immediately*, you will still have to go through the PoS process to generate that interest, as those that have held their wallets open have done during the year.

However, because you have not touched your coins  for a year, your coins will have significant 'age', and so may be considered quicker than others for performing the PoS transaction, and so earn that 1% fairly quickly.

POS miner = unlocked wallet and ready stacking ^^ simple.
To mine block you don't need hit stake.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Why does Iconic quote his own post? I hope he is not serious to go ahead with this fallacy. Unless he has a hidden agenda to quickly dump some coins to cash out. Everyone knows an artificial pump is not sustainable, so the value and well-being of the brand and coin cannot be his motivation for this.
Activity: 37
+111 intersting coin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

From the articles posted, the compounding period is 8 hours. There are 1095 eight hour periods in a year (365 * (24/8)).

Each 8 hour period you get, 0.1 / 1095 = 0.000009132% on your stake

Compounding 0.000009132% up over 1095 periods = (1.000009132^1095) - 1 = 1.005% compounded for the year.

Thats allright now i think Smiley

Miners
There are none. The stakers?

So who mine blocks ? (we have like 90k blocks now ?)
POS miners when you heave wallet on and ullocked you mine blocks ^^
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Iconic I trust you enough to put .5 btu in your hands to pump on the unaware, but a planned pump gives to much warning to manipulates they will pull their walls just before the pump and sell on the top to drive the price back down

Just set up a wallet intended for breaking walls and hit them when necessary
Jump to: