Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 12. (Read 162267 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'm little bit amazed about network hash rate. Sometimes it climbs up to 80 MHash/s but mostly keeps into 20-40 Mhash area. Someone or multipool jumps in and mines couple minutes, brings diff up equivalent to about 80 MHash and then leaves.
Luckily my miner can stop mining it hashrate > X. So my crappy laptop GPU can work when it's easier and doesn't affect my work on laptop Smiley

BTW, I'm still keeping, and mining when it's easy. Also, I currently mostly mine solo [101 kHash FTW Cheesy ] Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
New mining pool:
http://minedowns.ga/
1.5% Fee,Payouts are run every 5 minutes,fast server.
Ports:
http://minedowns.ga/getting_started
Activity: 716
Merit: 501
So next question. Which would you guys rather have, a MPOS pool or P2Pool?
Activity: 346
I confirm it works but worry about wallet fragmentation, especially when it gets busy again. 2.5 is bad enough mining solo. Will there be no more MPOS?
I've setup a p2pool with no fee's. I need so miners to test it out before I got fully live with it.

http://p2p.weminebtq.com:8080/

Username: your bitquark wallet address
Password: anything
Algorithm: quark
URL CPU (difficulty 0.00390625): stratum+tcp://weminebtq.com:6010
URL GPU (difficulty 0.00390625): stratum+tcp://weminebtq.com:6011
URL GPU (difficulty 1): stratum+tcp://weminebtq.com:6012

Thanks,
BTQ Dev

Reloaded my Xubuntu 14.04 computer with a fresh install of 15.10. bitquark-qt won't run or compile. My old copy gets stuck at looking for dependency libminiupnpc8. 15.10 has libminiupnpc10.  Undecided
Still will not compile on Wily 15.10. Only option ATM is to run the Windows version in Wine. Thankfully that still works.
Reloaded my Xubuntu 14.04 computer with a fresh install of 15.10. bitquark-qt won't run or compile. My old copy gets stuck at looking for dependency libminiupnpc8. 15.10 has libminiupnpc10.  Undecided
Technical question. What does it mean when I do a getpeerinfo and see a boatload of IP addresses with random port numbers?

Usually the random ports indicate clients running on Linux machines.
Very interesting article.  I also think the development of all these shit coins, aka pump and dump, are part to blame in people not taking cryptos seriously.
nod.

Technical question. What does it mean when I do a getpeerinfo and see a boatload of IP addresses with random port numbers?
Very interesting article.  I also think the development of all these shit coins, aka pump and dump, are part to blame in people not taking cryptos seriously.
A very worthwhile read  https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.7c1zv2xqf
Very much unlike the way I read most articles, I read every single word of this one and let it digest.

Question: How will this impact alt-coins? Boost or bust?
I think a lot will depend on how the community spins it and whether or not they rally behind other competing currencies.
No not saying that you had mined directly to the exchange, but at some point somebody has. The "dust" transactions are usually responsible for this type of behavior.
Oh, crap. You're right. Didn't think of that. And when we buy we get all of that dust. To be fair though, I won't say how much but I was transferring a large amount in a single transaction.
No not saying that you had mined directly to the exchange, but at some point somebody has. The "dust" transactions are usually responsible for this type of behavior.
Sounds to me like someone has been mining directly to their C-cex wallet address. C-cex may need to consolidate their wallet or start a new wallet and transfer the funds to the appropriate accounts.
Negative. I NEVER mint directly to an online wallet. I've been buying and running into this.
Sounds to me like someone has been mining directly to their C-cex wallet address. C-cex may need to consolidate their wallet or start a new wallet and transfer the funds to the appropriate accounts.
Activity: 258
Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!
So after 5 days here is my response from C-Cex.

Hello! Wallet responded with error message on attempt to create transaction. Usually this happening when there is an issue with blockchain, wallet has limitation on transaction size or amount of coins in one transaction. Your funds are back to Your balance. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

This begs the question, what is the absolute maximum size and/or coin amount in a single transaction?
Size in bytes is probably the problem here. Ive had trouble sending transactions for this reason.
So after 5 days here is my response from C-Cex.

Hello! Wallet responded with error message on attempt to create transaction. Usually this happening when there is an issue with blockchain, wallet has limitation on transaction size or amount of coins in one transaction. Your funds are back to Your balance. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

This begs the question, what is the absolute maximum size and/or coin amount in a single transaction?
I went to make a withdrawal from C-Cex today and it got queued? WTF?
AGAIN I had the same problem this past Monday, 12/28. Attempted to make a large BTQ withdrawal and it got "queued". Only this time it's been 5 days now and my withdrawal amount has not been sent, nor has it been credited back to my BTQ asset balance at C-Cex! I submitted a support request and got no answer. I made a post on the C-Cex thread here at bitcointalk and got a reply that "alt-coin wallets sometimes have a problem" and that I should submit a support request. I replied that I did that already and am still waiting for a response!

Activity: 258
Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!
I just wanted to say that I feel just how ZeroFossilFuel does. Its so frustrating to see the value be driven down like this and all my holdings from the beginning just drop in value. I kinda feel helpless because i barely know anything about programming myself so i cant help the situation much. Id love to develop something like the Fold website that lets you buy starbucks with bitcoin, but for bitquark. I feel like if we had something super simple to use like this, we would at least see a slight growth in actually using the currency and not just dumping it. If we get people using it, that gets non miners to buy and give the value some footing. Im not looking to skyrocket it, but slow growth is key so theres no huge dump.

Just some ramblings..

EDIT: I dont like double posting so im editing this.

I just built using the autobuild.sh file in ubuntu. Worked like a charm, but what doesnt make sense is that it basically created a duplicate of the BitQuark-0.8.3r20-master folder inside of itself called BTQ-r20.

I noticed something while making a BitQuark button for my application launcher. BitQuark-0.8.3r20-master/share/pixmaps/ needs to be updated with the correct images for BitQuark. Every other altcoin leaves the names the same but updates the images. Example, in Litecoins /share/pixmaps/ all the files are still named the same (example, bitcoin128.png) but display a Litecoin logo. What im looking for is to use bitcoin128.png as an icon, but currently it is showing QuarkCoins icon.

I also noticed something else while setting up the client. if you are using a dark desktop theme in linux then all the text displayed in the program will be white. This leaves Theme 10 as the only one that works. Also, whats up with Theme 6? You didnt think that would offend anyone when you made that?

All together i think you should remove themes from this when we make the upgrade to core. Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin wallets all look fine when using my dark desktop theme.
I went to make a withdrawal from C-Cex today and it got queued? WTF?
Pages:
Jump to: