Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 13. (Read 162267 times)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Permit me to vent a little. As I've tried to drum up interest in alternative crypto currencies, Bitquark in particular, what I see happening is a core group of script kiddies out there mining the shit out of every one for short term profits, immediately selling them off for BTC and driving most of them into oblivion. Numerous tools and services are popping up to facilitate this. Now don't get me wrong. Most of them are shitcoins anyway and SHOULD be driven into oblivion. They were created by short sighted script kiddies for the entertainment value only and short term profits. Nothing more. They will disappear and everyone who participated in them at all will dump their holdings and move on.

BTQ is different.

What these kiddies don't see is the big picture. I get really irritated when I see waves of heavy BTQ mining followed by sell-off's driving the BTC value down. I know exactly what that is. Any seasoned investor will tell you, when you've got a commodity that you know will appreciate in value, buy low - sell high. Long term investors, buy low and hold. That's why I not only continue to mine BTQ but also buy it on the open exchanges. When all others have given up their stakes in BTQ for a few uBTC, those of us who do see the big picture will essentially become a bit like the central banks with control over the flow of currency.

Understanding what any currency is and it's role in society as a tool for the exchange of value in one's labor for another's labor, it becomes clear that any crypto that survives this early onslaught will easily compete with the established crypto's, especially if they are technically superior as BTQ is over BTC. However, no currency of any form is of any value to anyone if there is none in circulation. To that end, I will be speaking about it again soon via my YouTube channel and starting to give away some of my holdings to individuals who will sign on to adopting this new form of currency. When people finally understand that BTC is not the only game in town and that crypto currency actually can be a secure way of transacting business, when the dollar tanks and precious metals soar, so too will BTQ.

More to follow........

Z

Very well said Zero!!!
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
Permit me to vent a little. As I've tried to drum up interest in alternative crypto currencies, Bitquark in particular, what I see happening is a core group of script kiddies out there mining the shit out of every one for short term profits, immediately selling them off for BTC and driving most of them into oblivion. Numerous tools and services are popping up to facilitate this. Now don't get me wrong. Most of them are shitcoins anyway and SHOULD be driven into oblivion. They were created by short sighted script kiddies for the entertainment value only and short term profits. Nothing more. They will disappear and everyone who participated in them at all will dump their holdings and move on.

BTQ is different.

What these kiddies don't see is the big picture. I get really irritated when I see waves of heavy BTQ mining followed by sell-off's driving the BTC value down. I know exactly what that is. Any seasoned investor will tell you, when you've got a commodity that you know will appreciate in value, buy low - sell high. Long term investors, buy low and hold. That's why I not only continue to mine BTQ but also buy it on the open exchanges. When all others have given up their stakes in BTQ for a few uBTC, those of us who do see the big picture will essentially become a bit like the central banks with control over the flow of currency.

Understanding what any currency is and it's role in society as a tool for the exchange of value in one's labor for another's labor, it becomes clear that any crypto that survives this early onslaught will easily compete with the established crypto's, especially if they are technically superior as BTQ is over BTC. However, no currency of any form is of any value to anyone if there is none in circulation. To that end, I will be speaking about it again soon via my YouTube channel and starting to give away some of my holdings to individuals who will sign on to adopting this new form of currency. When people finally understand that BTC is not the only game in town and that crypto currency actually can be a secure way of transacting business, when the dollar tanks and precious metals soar, so too will BTQ.

More to follow........

Z
Hi,

We've added BTQ to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Cheers!

Pool added to OP and BitQuark.info
I listed a new item at http://auction.bitquark.info to revisit and get the ball rolling again. Ran into a few of problems.

• Invalid SSL certificate
  • Can't find where to set up Bitquark direct payments in account management
  • Auction images not working. Tried uploading directly and using off site URL. I can only get it to work if I embed the image in the auction page. But these do not show up in the featured listings on the home page.

Z

I will get right on that to fix these errors. Thanks for letting me know about them!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi,

We've added BTQ to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

Cheers!
I listed a new item at http://auction.bitquark.info to revisit and get the ball rolling again. Ran into a few of problems.

• Invalid SSL certificate
  • Can't find where to set up Bitquark direct payments in account management
  • Auction images not working. Tried uploading directly and using off site URL. I can only get it to work if I embed the image in the auction page. But these do not show up in the featured listings on the home page.

Z
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
LOutCh@nO MultiPool

New Bitquark Pool  1% fee

Pool : http://multipool.no-ip.org:2627/pool/BTQ/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/loutchanomultipool/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/LOutChanoPool

Donations : 1Ghr1HQ7DCqWezrZZzzZyB24UwTyKpE2pa

Happy Mining !!!
Pool is back up and going. You will need to register again. The pool is set to auto create works, so if you register with the same username as before you won't have to edit your miner's config file.
Yes, let's all send "$h1t-for-brains" over there in the Ukraine a special message congratulating him for wasting his time.
Many of you have probably noticed that WeMineBTQ.com has been down since late yesterday.  The reason it has been down is due to the server being hacked.  The passwords were well encrypted, but for security reasons, I would suggest changing your password on other sites if it was the same.  I will have to BTQ pool back up and going with in the next day or so. Below is the message the hacker left on on the server.

"Hello,

Unfortunately I've managed to hack your server. I downloaded a copy of every database you have and all files on the server. I am going to release all of the above unless 15 BITCOINS is sent to 1NDsXe8xQKbUuWY5ANw1XnfBRen52aGEWV by the 10th.

I have no interest in sharing your data, but please be warned that I run a shop via TOR and will share your database if no BTC is paid.

This is just proof I had access, I have source files as well.

You will get your files back once the ransom is paid.

[email protected]"
What's going on with weminebtq.com?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Thanks Dev. I'm always IN with BitQuark.
I've made some updates to the source code on GitHub. These changes include added testnet fix and hashrate fix to display the correct network hashrate. I also added a new "deps" repository which contains the pre-compiled deps for cross compiling the Windows 32-bit client on Linux. In Ubuntu you can add the following code and save the file as something like "winxcompile.sh" and then make the file executable by running "chmod +x ./winxcompile.sh" from the terminal and it will download, install Gitian, and build the client.

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get -y install gcc g++ autoconf automake make git zip unzip \
qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler \
libqrencode-dev apache2 apt-cacher-ng python-vm-builder qemu-kvm ruby qemu-utils curl

sudo service apt-cacher-ng status

ls -l /dev/kvm

cd ~

git clone git://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r20.git bitquark

git clone git://github.com/devrandom/gitian-builder.git gitian

git clone https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/deps.git gitian/inputs

zip -r gitian/inputs/bitquark-0.8.3.20.zip bitquark

cd gitian

sudo bin/make-base-vm --arch i386

sudo bin/gbuild ../bitquark/contrib/gitian-descriptors/gitian-win32.yml
Activity: 258
Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!
I have that trouble with my wallet too. I use one to mine thousands of inputs into then send as much of them as i can per transaction into another wallet. After that "consolidation" i can at least send more than a few btq in one transaction if i need to.
Another possible source of the bog down problem... I had some transfers last night that would not get any confirmations. Had to run -salvagewallet. That turned up around 7000 more BTQ (2.5 BTQ x 2800) that had never been confirmed on the block chain. I have no idea how far back it started but it has me wondering now about my other wallets or how often I should run the salvage option?

Bitcoin and others also have the same issue.  What happens is that the wallet.dat file gets so big that the client has to verify all the transactions and it bogs it down.
Here's another question. Do transactions really need hundreds of thousands of confirmations? Is there really any value once it's been confirmed the minimum number of times? Can't a wallet be designed to stop confirming at, say, 10,000? 1,000? 500?

Or do confirmations need to continue to verify that the currency is still in circulation?

Just thinking out loud, apparently solo.
Another possible source of the bog down problem... I had some transfers last night that would not get any confirmations. Had to run -salvagewallet. That turned up around 7000 more BTQ (2.5 BTQ x 2800) that had never been confirmed on the block chain. I have no idea how far back it started but it has me wondering now about my other wallets or how often I should run the salvage option?
One other point I'd like to make about the wallet. I'm not sure if the Bitcoin wallet suffers from this but I have a BTQ wallet with 40,000 BTQ that was solo minted. That's 16,000 inputs that I'm trying to consolidate. I thought it was the lack of CPU power in my minting rig making it drag but I moved the wallet up to my very best machine and it still bogs down. I see it chew up 100% of a CPU core about 80% of the time and the wallet becomes virtually frozen. Now I'm thinking it's getting bogged down with confirmations for all those inputs. The other 20% of the time it's idle it actually lets me get work done.

Is there any way to make it stop dragging like this? Can I consolidate the wallet off line perhaps? This is getting to be a real PITA!

EDIT: I've discovered that yes I can send to another address in the same wallet by killing my Internet connection and let confirmations catch up later. Only pain is I can't enter an internal Receive address into the Send address book so I have to paste it into the send to field and manually enter the password every time. Even that is still much faster than waiting for the wallet to respond to keystrokes the other way.
Results are in. Both on port 6011 for this test only.

350KH/s CPU minting for 1hr produced 64 shares.
1400KH/s GPU minting for 1hr produced 310 shares.

4x GPU hash rate over CPU produced 4.84x shares.
Because this was just one 1hr sample for each and share rates fluctuate based on other mining activity, I'd guesstimate this one test has at least a +/- 20% margin of error, probably more. That makes it pretty much a statistical tie. Very interesting indeed.
lol no worries of being banned. Let us know how your testing goes.
Pages:
Jump to: