Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com - page 25. (Read 160279 times)

Activity: 789
Merit: 500
Any news dev? Isn't a new wallet supposed to be coming out soon?

The new wallet will be ready soon. We are also re-launching a few services now that we have what we needed in place. I know everyone hates hearing... "soon". However, I rather say soon than give a firm date and then not deliver.

Best,
Christopher
Activity: 596
Any news dev? Isn't a new wallet supposed to be coming out soon?
Activity: 644
since bytecent bounty is offline I am using AQ Rewards ,but I can't earn any bytecent ,

everytime I tried to click on a app in the earn section of AQ it opens the android browser and redirects me to some website instead of the google play store , it redirected me to the gameprize.com but now it goes to the trending.com website .

I tried to download the apps on my phone (LG G4, 6.0.1) directly through the google play store , but the AQ rewards app doesn't  recognize the installed apps ,

so my question is , am I doing something wrong or are there some restrictions  ?

AQ Rewards use several different networks. Unfortunately, some networks redirect you if the app is no longer available. You will need to go down the list of apps.

I would also suggest looking at the freebies section.

the redirection occurs in the Freebies & Services section ( I have 13 apps at the moment in this section) ,

in the Apps section and the Share link section ,I got only one app/game Juggernaut Champions

looks like there's not much of an offer for my region , well I will just have to wait til the new update comes out, til then I will keep tryin.

thanks
since bytecent bounty is offline I am using AQ Rewards ,but I can't earn any bytecent ,

everytime I tried to click on a app in the earn section of AQ it opens the android browser and redirects me to some website instead of the google play store , it redirected me to the gameprize.com but now it goes to the trending.com website .

I tried to download the apps on my phone (LG G4, 6.0.1) directly through the google play store , but the AQ rewards app doesn't  recognize the installed apps ,

so my question is , am I doing something wrong or are there some restrictions  ?

AQ Rewards use several different networks. Unfortunately, some networks redirect you if the app is no longer available. You will need to go down the list of apps.

I would also suggest looking at the freebies section.
Activity: 644

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Insane swings on the market Shocked Sad that many are not interested holding long term, decent size community could buy almost the whole supply.
This is he third discussion on the forums I have read today where someone just throws crap out without bothering to read anything about he coin ( either because they don't want to, or just don't care). If they are really interested in the project they would take the time to read.  If they don't, they have other reasons.  Wouldn't bother to respond to obvious dis-interest or mis-direction!

Glad to see BYC getting some attention.  Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your continued support.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
This is he third discussion on the forums I have read today where someone just throws crap out without bothering to read anything about he coin ( either because they don't want to, or just don't care). If they are really interested in the project they would take the time to read.  If they don't, they have other reasons.  Wouldn't bother to respond to obvious dis-interest or mis-direction!

Glad to see BYC getting some attention.  Keep up the good work.
1. That is irrelevant.

2. I don't use Chrome or Windows. I use GNU/Linux.

3. ??

4. I don't mine lol

I think you fear miners improving you inefficient code and profiting off of it. Maybe you should write a better miner for your users? More efficient miner would make it harder to attack the chain.

1. Maybe not to you, but a track record is relevant to most people.

2. You missed the point.

3. Reread.

4. Ok?

5. Someone "attacking the chain" is not the reason why Bytecent is closed source. As I suggested, read the earlier posts if you want to know why.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
4. The newbie posting complained about no zip file or source being available. Bytecent is a closed source project, and the source is only given to reputable exchanges. This has been discussed ad nauseam on this thread.

How do we know this coin isn't a scam if we can't see the source? What's stopping you from putting in a backdoor that lets you generate coins on demand. Why do exchanges get source code but users don't?  Huh Huh

1. Bytecent is almost 3 years old, and no one has complained about backdoors or malware.

2. Do you have the source to Chrome, Windows, or the hundreds of applications on your PC?

3. Exchanges get the source because exchanges are not interested in mining and they also need quality control.

4. No one is forcing you are anyone else to mine Bytecent, there are hundreds of other altcoins.

If you want to know more about this project, read the earlier posts. All of your questions were answered and discussed dozens of times.

1. That is irrelevant.

2. I don't use Chrome or Windows. I use GNU/Linux.

3. ??

4. I don't mine lol

I think you fear miners improving you inefficient code and profiting off of it. Maybe you should write a better miner for your users? More efficient miner would make it harder to attack the chain.
4. The newbie posting complained about no zip file or source being available. Bytecent is a closed source project, and the source is only given to reputable exchanges. This has been discussed ad nauseam on this thread.

How do we know this coin isn't a scam if we can't see the source? What's stopping you from putting in a backdoor that lets you generate coins on demand. Why do exchanges get source code but users don't?  Huh Huh

1. Bytecent is almost 3 years old, and no one has complained about backdoors or malware.

2. Do you have the source to Chrome, Windows, or the hundreds of applications on your PC?

3. Exchanges get the source because exchanges are not interested in mining and they also need quality control.

4. No one is forcing you are anyone else to mine Bytecent, there are hundreds of other altcoins.

If you want to know more about this project, read the earlier posts. All of your questions were answered and discussed dozens of times.

How do we know this coin isn't a scam if we can't see the source? What's stopping you from putting in a backdoor that lets you generate coins on demand. Why do exchanges get source code but users don't?  Huh Huh
Earlier this morning someone with a newly created account decided to post FUD, the post was deleted for obvious reasons. If you are not going to post under your real account, do not bother posting here. However, I will address some of the comments made.

1. Bytecent doesn't support Windows XP nor does Microsoft. Why is anyone still using Windows XP?

2. Bytecent does work on Windows 7, but I doubt someone that still uses Windows XP will have the correct hardware to run Bytecent.

3. On our download page it clearly states if you do not already have Bytecent installed on your computer download the full version. If you already have Bytecent installed on your PC download the update. The full version has the preloaded blockchain data included, the update doesn't. Once again, this is clearly explained on the website.

5. He claimed there is no information about the project. I guess the 76 pages of information here is all an illusion.

Enjoy your weekend everyone...

Best,
Christopher
hdn
Activity: 682
price dumped again to 10k Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Nice to see that I'm not the only one hoarding byc Grin

Not the only one Wink
Activity: 945
Nice to see that I'm not the only one hoarding byc Grin
legendary
Activity: 1162
Wow! there is pump goes to 14k  Roll Eyes
It looks like this is based on Primecoin?

Can the GPU miners developed for Primecoin be used for mining this coin?

No. Bytecent uses POM (Proof of Miner): http://www.bytecent.com/proof-of-miner.php

Link is broken. Do you have another explanation of proof of miner?

POM in its current form will be removed in the next version. It was a method used to keep coins off the exchange by requiring miners to have X amount of coins to mine longer. It was practical for crypto users, but not for non crypt users who had no idea how to buy coins. In the next version anyone can mine indefinitely and it will not stop.

Best,
Christopher
It looks like this is based on Primecoin?

Can the GPU miners developed for Primecoin be used for mining this coin?

No. Bytecent uses POM (Proof of Miner): http://www.bytecent.com/proof-of-miner.php

Link is broken. Do you have another explanation of proof of miner?
Hello all!

Yesterday we had over 760 transaction on our network: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/byc/#!overview

Best,
Christopher
Pages:
Jump to: