Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 124. (Read 500113 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
no, but dont use the cuda 6.5 versions for this algo
ooooo  Ok I'm checking what version I have.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
no, but dont use the cuda 6.5 versions for this algo
legendary
the normal is more 120MH/s try to reboot
I did..same thing.
Then I tried oc'ing and it just crashes.
So by default that 970 gtx g1 gigabyte core clock is 1413 and running in the p2 state.
Do you have yours in p0 state?
Thx
legendary
the normal is more 120MH/s try to reboot
legendary
How do you get 118mh lbry algo on a 970gtx g1? with latest 1.8  I can only get 62mh no oc'ing.
Thx
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@mirny

im not talking about eth, where did you read this?

i initially posted to get this issue resolved i had at the time, and through the discussion (last time i checked this is a discussion thread, right?) that happend afterwards i discovered it had to do with the hardware instead of software

furthermore the issue is resolved and i didnt post anything at all since 27, maybe you can point me to the post you are referring to.

br
legendary
he was not talking about ETH, but lyra2rev2 and hardware problems
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
@felixbrucker

find yourself a better thread for your eth, hw related problems,  you're totally OT in here,
so please stay on-topic, thank you.

e: sorry, my fault, sometimes happens when reading 10 threads at once...
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
z170 doesnt work with multiple GPU setups, 2-4 max depending on motherboard. gigabyte z170 wont work with nvidia cards.
i have already RMA'd it but thanks

i have seen reports on this specific MB and the chipset in general here: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/23808 , https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/24847 and https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5787/3-way-mining-rig-nvidia-vs-amd

i have opted for the ASRock H81 Pro BTC which should work rock solid and is designed for mining

in my case adding more cards solved the mystery, im pretty sure the problems are related to this unstable pcie bus
but yes in general where it could also have been the cards themselves yes, and in fact i have done that too, every card worked fine on their own, just more than like two connected didnt work that stable or at all

regarding lanes, afaik every pciex1 slot only consumes one lane, correct? so in my case there should be plenty room for other devices and reservations as only 6 lanes out of 16 are occupied by gpu

br
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
also yes the z170 chipset is a bit ... light for multiple cards, check the max pci express lanes

Good point. Some lanes may be reserved for other devices like Sata Express. Check the BIOS config.
Sometimes multiple devices will share lane bandwidth. If that's occurring two GPUs in one lane may be too much.
legendary
also yes the z170 chipset is a bit ... light for multiple cards, check the max pci express lanes
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
haha ok, the mobo cant handle more than 4 cards, crappy z170 is getting RMA'd

i'll report back when i get a new mobo that can handle 6 gpus, might also fix these errors

It's not a good idea to add more cards when you're troubleshooting. I would suggest isolating cards to determine
if the problem is tied to one specific card.
haha ok, the mobo cant handle more than 4 cards, crappy z170 is getting RMA'd

i'll report back when i get a new mobo that can handle 6 gpus, might also fix these errors
will be, im currently waiting for 8pin extension cords to be delivered as my stock 2x8pin from the PSU are too short to reach both GPUs with one each
legendary
"will be" or "has been" ?
i have not set anything related to intensity (should default to auto afaik) and the rig does not run any other program

the strange thing is that it also occurs on win 8.1

today additional gtx 1070's will be installed in this rig, maybe this changes something or leads to the cause, could this be hardware related?
legendary
tx coinut Smiley

felixbrucker, i never seen that but i dont use windows 10 neither... some users reported this problem when using the max possible intensity

I suspect some other tool (like Chrome) asking gpu resources
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
hey Epsylon3

Just wanted to thank you for your work so far with ccminer, and with the latest addition Lbry. Keep up the good work my friend!

I have sent you a donation
tx 91c4c38811ecbcd0a36ef39a2d17b257e69e4dc3a61f1204ba145f7d9f6ae9a8

beers on me for you man.  Cool
Hi,

im seeing a strange error on Win 8.1 and Win10 (x64) with latest nvidia drivers (368.81) with multiple (3 and 2) pascal gtx 1070 mining lyra2rev2 (maybe other algos too, only tested lyra2rev2):

"unspecified launch failure"

on win 10 there also was a rare "launch error"

those errors happen after some time, ranging from 5 minute-ish to well over 60 minutes.
when this error is displayed some or all GPUs clock down to idle clock and dont produce hashes, the miner displays a abnormal high hashrate of 1XX GH/s per GPU

anyone got this error or maybe know what could be the cause?

cheers
Jump to: