Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 47. (Read 500113 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
there is a cuda-9 branch on github
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
i may rebuild it with the final cuda 9 (out yesterday)

edit: ok done..

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit/whatsnew

Is Cuda 8 AND Cuda 9 coexistance allowed? If so, how to compile choosing to target one of them?
legendary
i may rebuild it with the final cuda 9 (out yesterday)

edit: ok done..

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit/whatsnew
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hi.  I downloaded the cc miner 2.2.1 from github and windows 10 is detecting trojan threats. win32/tilken.B!cl and win32/Azden.A!cl  .  Is this a false positive?

yup ...

tanguy NEVER compiles malicious software ...

he is just NOT in the business of screwing people - like a few other devs out there ...

#crysx
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
Hi.  I downloaded the cc miner 2.2.1 from github and windows 10 is detecting trojan threats. win32/tilken.B!cl and win32/Azden.A!cl  .  Is this a false positive?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
I saw in the github directory the executable for Windows and Cuda 9.
Is Cuda 9 make improvment in mining hashrate with this CCMiner ?

I'm with Ubuntu and I have some issue for installing the last driver (mandatory for Cuda 9).

I use Ubuntu and have been looking into this issues for long.
Driver 375 seems to be the best for stability but, as you said, it is not compatible with cuda 9.
There is a temporary workaround: you can have cuda 9 performance with cuda 8 by building for compute 5.2 and use it on pascal cards. This is not a true solution but, until there is a new stable driver and cuda 9 is final, it can be considered acceptable.
I use the 375 driver too (375.66 exactly).
I compiled CCMiner with multi compute (5.0/5.2.6.1) because I have many GUs generations.
My ask was to know if Cuda 9 make these GPUs fasters...
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

I'm with Ubuntu and I have some issue for installing the last driver (mandatory for Cuda 9).

I use Ubuntu and have been looking into this issues for long.
Driver 375 seems to be the best for stability but, as you said, it is not compatible with cuda 9.
There is a temporary workaround: you can have cuda 9 performance with cuda 8 by building for compute 5.2 and use it on pascal cards. This is not a true solution but, until there is a new stable driver and cuda 9 is final, it can be considered acceptable.
legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 280
Not really seeing the major differences here. A lot of to look through, when did you finish this? The coding seems to be fine, but it looks like it is done in the manner of another coder I run into frequently, maybe you and her know each other.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Can anyone make the xevan algo mod?
AMD Sgminer exist a long time and someone today use Ccminer Alexis 1.0 on YIIMP pool to mine on xevan algo, but i'e tried the all versions of him mod and have no luck with xevan algo.

You need to modify the sources to make it work with xevan.

Yeas, of course and all we know that you can do this!)
I'm not alone would be very-very happy and appreciate you for this mod if you would agree to made it, i've even donating you and not only me i think for your hard work with it!
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
from the miners that I used this from tpruvot I liked most of all
legendary
Black Belt Developer
AMD Sgminer exist a long time and someone today use Ccminer Alexis 1.0 on YIIMP pool to mine on xevan algo, but i'e tried the all versions of him mod and have no luck with xevan algo.

You need to modify the sources to make it work with xevan.
no no no definitive answer from me
But why???
legendary
no no no definitive answer from me
legendary
For Ubuntu/Linux users : is the 2.2.1 version of this CCMiner compatible with GCC 5.4 ?
(the last I used was not : it was only compatible with GCC 4.9 and before...).
Thank you.

it is.
usually the gcc version issues are with cuda, not the miner itself.
Ok, thank yu for this fast and precise answer.
Which Cuda version is compatible/recommanded : the last one (8.x) or some version before ?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
For Ubuntu/Linux users : is the 2.2.1 version of this CCMiner compatible with GCC 5.4 ?
Thank you.

it is.
usually the gcc version issues are with cuda, not the miner itself.
legendary
Thank you.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Yeah it's sp...bb profit
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
Profit on xevan is almost destroyed
f*ng sp
Pages:
Jump to: