Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 93. (Read 500113 times)

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
YIIMP POOL IS DOWN--

I am having difficulty bringing up the home page.  My miners cannot connect. It has been more than 2 hours...      --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Probably getting DDoS'd. Getting connection refused messages.

Yeah, pretty sure with the huge increase in Lbry prices all the big pools are getting hit with DDoS's to reduce network difficulty. Standard china shit.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
pool is down (lbry)
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
this version is still missing neoscrypt sib and cryptonight optimization from alexis/klaus
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
There are problems with yiimp and the claymore's dual miner when dual mining decred.

You get a message that the pool is full when the miner re-connects after the fee has been mined.

legendary
Is the pool having issues? It looks like my hashrate drops out for a hour or so every now and then.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
fixed, indeed... both had weird (and different) problems in the night.. just upgraded lbry also.. Maybe we reached some alert level (too much blocks ;p)
legendary
decred pool in trouble?
legendary
its not the pools which suck for zcoin

and i already tried for niro, they slowly add what i need, but its very different Wink

Sounds good... Yeah, I understand Zcoin is a mess, still something that'd be worth your time if you're looking at your pool from a business perspective. Lots of hash for that coin and good markets even if the coin itself sucks.

legendary
its not the pools which suck for zcoin

and i already tried for niro, they slowly add what i need, but its very different Wink
legendary
Epsylon consider adding a Nexus pool... Considering there aren't any GPU ones yet, it'd be a pretty big deal. That and Zcoin is still something you should consider. Currently all the pools for Zcoin suck and/or skim. You'd instantly get most of the network hashrate.
legendary
well its the kind of post i dont want here... i dont have any magic staff, timetravel bus tickets etc...
legendary
Hey tpruvot

there's something wrong on yiimp with the LBC profitability. Very wrong, 1.45$/Day for a 1070.. half the amount of the other pools.

You can clearly see the issue in the 24h estimate on the right (1x) and the actual earning on the left (2x). It should be 2x.

Tested for 48 hours consecutively with  1070s. Have a look Wink

Noticed as well... Weird as Lbry has always been around average payouts as it has 10% of the network on it. Not sure what's going on there.
legendary
DCR stratum is auto restarted each 24h to prevent issues, no.. just very very high diff
legendary
decred pool has some bad luck (tech problems?) too
legendary
yep its lower, i even restarted the pool to be sure, i see nothing wrong on my side :/
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Hey tpruvot

there's something wrong on yiimp with the LBC profitability. Very wrong, 1.45$/Day for a 1070.. half the amount of the other pools.

You can clearly see the issue in the 24h estimate on the right (1x) and the actual earning on the left (2x). It should be 2x.

Tested for 48 hours consecutively with  1070s. Have a look Wink
legendary
That another nvidia thread got flooded (Cool) so I will ask here:

980ti. I don't care about power, heat, noise just pure hash/ €. I have very limited time to test os/miner/algo combinations. Dualmining, equihash, lbry maybe?

Good answer and I will send some ethbeer.

NVIDIA CAPACITY FOR SECONDARY COIN IS GOOD--

With Claymore's miner, if you turn the intensity up for the secondary coin it can increase the yield of the secondary coin a significant amount, at least 2X compared to default intensity values.  The primary coin is not affected a great deal; you will need to experiment.

If energy and heat are not a concern, you can really increase your earnings.  Short answer, and off topic.  Epsylon3 likes a clean thread.       --scryptr

With the memory bus on AMD cards, that's not really all that true. The performance ratios on 480s are pretty ridiculous when you match them with Ethereum. Nvidia got it's niche from being obscure, it's no longer obscure and it no longer has a niche because of it.

You can earn $3.27 mining Eth+Dcr on a 480 or $3.36 per day mining Zcash on a 1070 or $3.54 mining Eth+Dcr. Nvidia is trash right now. Too many people bought in on their cards because they had higher profits on certain things, but those were all niche coins and there really isn't a mega coin that is computationally hardy enough to make Nvidia hardware stretch it's legs. Dual mining depends too heavily on memory bus to make it work and Nvidia doesn't have that.

Furthermore the computationally hardy algos eventually end up with FPGAs on them, which trash the profits... Like SIA for instance. DCR as well, although not nearly as bad. Cryptonote is too hardy and resulted in CPUs still being competitive and botnets took over.

Comparatively speaking. Lyra2v2 is the 'best' coin Nvidia is good at compared to AMD and there is only a handful of really small coins on it. The deck is stacked against Nvidia and too many people flapped their gums in forum threads preaching about the holy efficiency of Nvidia, collectively destroying what we had.

You sure do complain a lot.

One day you will figure it out.

No dev wants to do their work for free without people donating or donating to anther dev for "improving" on their work. And don't start with the crap about adding a fee. From what I can see all of these Nvidia dev except for one follow the rule of the spirit of using open software and will not violate it.

Keep the crap over in sp's thread. Or better yet since you have so much negative to say sell your Nvidia and move over to AMD. Sure they would love to hear you every day asking for this or that.

Yuh and I've donated to SP and Epsylon, I also mine on Epsylons pool.

Weird, you're talking about paying devs, yet 'fees', which pay developers are silly? LOL... I also like how you're telling me to donate as if I don't in addition to not wanting something that will actually impact your mining operation (a fee). Hypocrite much?

You definitely sound like a dumbass. I literally had to read two sentences before finding something that was wrong and any of the above can easily be disproved by looking at some of my posts (or based off what you know about mining). You can have a fee and the work can still be open source, having it built into the source someone has to take out or have a toggle is one example. Epsylons pool is another example of a fee. Instead of paying a fee to some random pool owner, I'm paying them to him.

Just the way it goes bro. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand like you and pretend Nvidia is doing great when it's not. I go back and forth based on what's doing well - Nvidia right now isn't doing well. I'm not going to sugar coat that, hide that, pretend it doesn't exist (which is terrible from a professional perspective), or not talk about it when other people try to play pretend.

And nou go to SPs thread, this isn't the first time I've been in Epsylons thread. This isn't the 'hidden area no one knows about'. I've posted in this thread and been monitoring it for a few years.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
That another nvidia thread got flooded (Cool) so I will ask here:

980ti. I don't care about power, heat, noise just pure hash/ €. I have very limited time to test os/miner/algo combinations. Dualmining, equihash, lbry maybe?

Good answer and I will send some ethbeer.

NVIDIA CAPACITY FOR SECONDARY COIN IS GOOD--

With Claymore's miner, if you turn the intensity up for the secondary coin it can increase the yield of the secondary coin a significant amount, at least 2X compared to default intensity values.  The primary coin is not affected a great deal; you will need to experiment.

If energy and heat are not a concern, you can really increase your earnings.  Short answer, and off topic.  Epsylon3 likes a clean thread.       --scryptr

With the memory bus on AMD cards, that's not really all that true. The performance ratios on 480s are pretty ridiculous when you match them with Ethereum. Nvidia got it's niche from being obscure, it's no longer obscure and it no longer has a niche because of it.

You can earn $3.27 mining Eth+Dcr on a 480 or $3.36 per day mining Zcash on a 1070 or $3.54 mining Eth+Dcr. Nvidia is trash right now. Too many people bought in on their cards because they had higher profits on certain things, but those were all niche coins and there really isn't a mega coin that is computationally hardy enough to make Nvidia hardware stretch it's legs. Dual mining depends too heavily on memory bus to make it work and Nvidia doesn't have that.

Furthermore the computationally hardy algos eventually end up with FPGAs on them, which trash the profits... Like SIA for instance. DCR as well, although not nearly as bad. Cryptonote is too hardy and resulted in CPUs still being competitive and botnets took over.

Comparatively speaking. Lyra2v2 is the 'best' coin Nvidia is good at compared to AMD and there is only a handful of really small coins on it. The deck is stacked against Nvidia and too many people flapped their gums in forum threads preaching about the holy efficiency of Nvidia, collectively destroying what we had.

You sure do complain a lot.

One day you will figure it out.

No dev wants to do their work for free without people donating or donating to anther dev for "improving" on their work. And don't start with the crap about adding a fee. From what I can see all of these Nvidia dev except for one follow the rule of the spirit of using open software and will not violate it.

Keep the crap over in sp's thread. Or better yet since you have so much negative to say sell your Nvidia and move over to AMD. Sure they would love to hear you every day asking for this or that.

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
CONGRATULATIONS!--

Yes, the "commented" lines must be adjusted.  Old trick to me... glad that you figured it out.  Good Luck!       --scryptr
Pages:
Jump to: