Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 32. (Read 92520 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Quote from: deleted post
Tor Browser 9.5.4 (Based on Mozilla Firefox 68.12.0ESR) (32-bit)

I have a hundred years old. For months through this mixer changed, there were no problems.

After the output nodes stands VPN - as an extension in the browser - HOXX VPN, Setup VPN, Hotspot Shield VPN

Changed through the white site chipmixer.com (in my old tor browser the onion v3 is not supported, only v2)

In addition to expansion: Adblock Plus, Blockchair. Cookie Quick Manager, Free Adroid Online Emulator APKONLINE, HTTP Header Live, Https Everywhere, Metamask, Noscript, Google Translate, Webrtc Leak Shield

They stood and stand (did not add anything) months, if not years. The browser itself also does not update for certain reasons.
I don't know what caused your problem, but I see several risks in your setup. First: an outdated browser is bad in general, the same goes for using an outdated Tor browser. Adding a VPN takes away the biggest benefit of using Tor: the .onion sites, while adding the risk of them being a compromised exit node.
I don't trust addons in general, and for sure wouldn't use them on Tor. Better safe than sorry.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Still think members should be on alert that the mixer may be currently broken.

Based on the volume of deposits, it's probably reasonable to expect chipmixer would face these problems every now and then.

It might take a few days but they're past record is normally pretty good at resolving these issues yes.

@chipmixer, is there any way you could encode some sort of catch-all that sweeps through the database of sessions (either after 12 hours or at a random time when load is low) to see if there are any deposits that have been missed this way?
Activity: 6
Merit: 10
I checked SSL, domain etc... as usual. All checked out, I didnt look at page source though but visually it looked fine. No reply yet, but I read the thread up and they seem to have a good reputation for solving customer problems. Still think members should be on alert that the mixer may be currently broken.
copper member
I just successfully mixed 1mbtc through chipmixer.
I think the issue is the one I mentioned above.

There has also been discussion on not sending larger amounts through mixers (that might be uncommon) as it makes it easier to trace the steps the coins take.
copper member

Just submitted a TX a few hours ago and still no chips from chipmixer. Big amount, concerned about an exit scam here. I have emailed support but just want to make other members aware to use this site with caution.

tldr support should get back to you about your email within 4 days, check you've provided something identifiable (eg your deposit address).

There is a bug with the site where it sometimes doesn't credit straight away - I think it has to be manually fixed.

They used to pay around 1.5btc a week on their signature campaign so it'd make little sense for them to exit scam on such an amount.

If the address changed, there's potential you used a scam link too could you go through your browsing history and ensure the site was definitely their official onion/com domain and check you don't have any add ons on your side that have permissions to change what a website displays.

If neither of the two are the case chipmixer are going to be able to see that funds have been left unclaimed from a certain deposit address and will make them available to you. Just wait by as support can sometimes take up to 3-4 days to reply.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
It would make sense for them to exit scam on a very large TX like this (>2.5BTC)
Wait patiently before accusing them of such thing.

2.5 BTC is definitely NOT an amount worth having their reputation tainted, specially when they have already paid over 620 BTC for their signature campaign on the forum (1ChipWGhJtEWCeSq3cra4HmKhvYqe8Tvty) and have handled a volume of at least 4836 BTC at one point (see the Binance hack).

If you did send your coins and they haven't been credited, you will be made whole.
Activity: 6
Merit: 10
CAUTION ON CHIPMIXER - POTENTIAL EXIT SCAM

Just submitted a TX a few hours ago and still no chips from chipmixer. Big amount, concerned about an exit scam here. I have emailed support but just want to make other members aware to use this site with caution.

TX has 10+ confirms on the network and the session token isnt showing any coins + the deposit address changed.

It would make sense for them to exit scam on a very large TX like this (>2.5BTC)
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
After you deposit ChipMixer does not mix your funds on blockchain before you get them back. After you deposit you can use random already created chip (or get voucher and wait for new chips to be created). Doing multiple mixed does not tell you more about "ChipMixer secret mixing" or show how to link deposits and chips.

Thank you for clearing it up. I guess that I was wrong; I was worrying too much and actually the way ChipMixer has implemented the mixing is really smart.
Even better! I am actually happy when I'm wrong in things like this.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but just imagine if some start mixing over and over and over again, without even paying tx fees, in order to understand how ChipMixer works internally so he can follow the money in case of mixing on the actual blockchain...
After you deposit ChipMixer does not mix your funds on blockchain before you get them back. After you deposit you can use random already created chip (or get voucher and wait for new chips to be created). Doing multiple mixed does not tell you more about "ChipMixer secret mixing" or show how to link deposits and chips.

From what I know, mixing tends to show its weaknesses when there are too few customers or one wants to mix too big amount of money.
While this is hard to achieve on mainnet, it should work out on testnet.
This is correct. Mixing is weak when chip pool is small or one user mixes much more than other users (and withdraws too fast).
legendary
just imagine if some start mixing over and over and over again, without even paying tx fees, in order to understand how ChipMixer works internally so he can follow the money in case of mixing on the actual blockchain...

Couldn't the same thing happen with main net? What would prevent me from mixing the same chips over and over again? Especially in a day with an almost empty mempool.

From what I know, mixing tends to show its weaknesses when there are too few customers or one wants to mix too big amount of money.
While this is hard to achieve on mainnet, it should work out on testnet.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
just imagine if some start mixing over and over and over again, without even paying tx fees, in order to understand how ChipMixer works internally so he can follow the money in case of mixing on the actual blockchain...

Couldn't the same thing happen with main net? What would prevent me from mixing the same chips over and over again? Especially in a day with an almost empty mempool.
legendary
Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but just imagine if some start mixing over and over and over again, without even paying tx fees, in order to understand how ChipMixer works internally so he can follow the money in case of mixing on the actual blockchain...
That's not how Testnet works, but I assume you know that, so I'm not sure what exactly you're going at.
ChipMixer addresses are already easy to follow (count them here!), but that doesn't tell you who owns which address and which deposit belongs to which chip.

Let me rephrase then:
If one mixes on testnet, even though he pays tx fees, he pays with 0-value (commercially) tBTC, hence he can test for as many times as he wants until he gets it.
The danger I see is that one understands well enough the algo (delays, number to transactions) in order to get to guess good which would be the mixed outputs for an input.
So if CM would do mixing on testnet, they should probably not use 100% same algo/parameters as for mainnet.

But maybe my knowledge is insufficient and my assumptions wrong...(?)
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
That's not how Testnet works, but I assume you know that, so I'm not sure what exactly you're going at.
ChipMixer addresses are already easy to follow (count them here!), but that doesn't tell you who owns which address and which deposit belongs to which chip.
legendary
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a testnet.chipmixer.com where the users can try out ChipMixer with no real money?

While it would be a great idea for many users, it could also hurt the business.
copper member
Do you have any other recommendations to use instead of Exodus for Exchanges?
Please let's stay on Chipmixer topic here, and I wrote in my previous post that you can use Bisq decentralized exchange as one of the available options.

Just to add that you can use dexes to convert to fiat equivelants too (stablecoins) as there are higher limits for most of them when converting those. It's not a perfect solution but it'll hide some of the trail (I'm not sure how traceable dexes are as quite a few do publish to a blockchain).
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Please let's stay on Chipmixer topic here, and I wrote in my previous post that you can use Bisq decentralized exchange as one of the available options.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a testnet.chipmixer.com where the users can try out ChipMixer with no real money?
I don't think that anything is complicated now, but this may be a good idea for newbies or Chipmixer can add demo version for anyone who wants to learn how to use website without actually spending any coins.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
Such an option would not hurt, but I think the whole process is very simple, and I do not remember anyone complaining about the complexity of the procedure. Visit site -> save session token -> generate deposit address -> make a transaction -> wait for confirmation -> c/p private keys or save as voucher.

The process is very simple, but the money are very real too.  Tongue
Just need 2 satoshi - 1 satoshi from (electrum) wallet to chipmixer and 1 satoshi from chipmixer (private key - step 3), if you want to back to wallet (electrum), or you can leave it by keeping a private key from the website (all only need 1 satoshi). - transfer at least 0.001 BTC
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

Depends on the amount actually. If your volume is high, you are unlikely to get an exchange which will allow you to trade/exchange without KYC. However, there are few swap sites which allow without KYC but their volume for non KYC member is small as well.
You can try to trade here in the forum. Exchange your BTC for any other coin and trade them in exchange like Binance & Kucoin which have a big limit without KYC.
Activity: 4
Merit: 3
This was done through Exodus wallet, and when the exchange was taking to long I emailed them and they Pawn you off to "one of their API partners who does the actual exchange" Once I receive the funds back or not, I will then say the exact name and either thank them or Scam accuse them.
Exodus wallet have multiple centralized exchange partners but most notorious one they use is Changelly and they are often time asking for kyc.
Changelly have several scam accusations in forum, but you can never know what exchange Exodus really used.
I would recommend that you stop using Exodus wallet, it may look fine and flashy but it is closed source software and your IP address is recorder by their exchange partners.

Thanks for the info. Exodus did share the exchange partner and asked me to reach out to them directly which I did, it was not Changelly. Once I know if they issue me the refund I will let everyone know. Dont want to blast them as a scam if they give it back.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Such an option would not hurt, but I think the whole process is very simple, and I do not remember anyone complaining about the complexity of the procedure. Visit site -> save session token -> generate deposit address -> make a transaction -> wait for confirmation -> c/p private keys or save as voucher.

The process is very simple, but the money are very real too.  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: