Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 47. (Read 92674 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316
But I'm not sure if u are able to use coin control for sweeping.
I'm confused... why do you want (or think you need) to use "coin control" when sweeping a private key from ChipMixer? Huh Huh Huh

what if...
is it possible to sweep with some utxo'es over coin control  to gain more privacy if u want to take the sweeping step ?
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Huh

The private key provided by ChipMixer for any given "chip" should have exactly one UTXO associated with it... if you're trying to sweep that UTXO while also spending it with other coins that you control, you're effectively removing ALL of the benefits of having used ChipMixer in the first place, as you're linking that "chip" with all the other coins you're trying to spend... Roll Eyes

I don't see how you think that sweeping a "chip" plus using "coin-control" is going to give you any added privacy??!? Huh

It sounds like you're a bit confused on exactly what "sweeping" is... and what "coin control" is useful for... Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
But u can sweep them from any wallet u want. so i think u are able to sweep priv. keys from any source.

Sweeping means emptying the wallet completely. There's not much else to control when you do that.
Activity: 138
Merit: 20

Electrum doesn't allow to import private keys under a Standard (HD) wallet.

But u can sweep them from any wallet u want. so i think u are able to sweep priv. keys from any source.

the pay preview say that i  have utxo in slot but when i admit the (sweeping) transaction and tried to find the address on the wallet in the transcaction details.

i couldnt find anything

best regards
legendary
i use electrum but i got problems to figure out the entire transaction.

I tried this with my testaccount and i'm failing to differ the addresses and which addreses plays a role over my coin control step.

I searched for the address on the input and the output wallet but the utxo adress  i havent found.
You may need to enable the "Coins" tab (under "View") first.

But: Electrum doesn't allow to import private keys under a Standard (HD) wallet. You can only import private keys if you create a new wallet (and then you can import as many as you want).
I took a screenshot:
Image loading...
(please don't use this screenshot to link me to alt accounts)
okay

i use electrum but i got problems to figure out the entire transaction.

I tried this with my testaccount and i'm failing to differ the addresses and which addreses plays a role over my coin control step.

I searched for the address on the input and the output wallet but the utxo adress  i havent found.

best regards

legendary
is it possible to sweep with some utxo'es over coin control  to gain more privacy if u want to take the sweeping step ?
Once you have private keys, you can do anything you want. But it depends on the wallet:
In Electrum, click Coins tab, hold CTRL to select more than one, then click right mouse > Spend.
In Bitcoin Core, go to Settings > Enable coin control features. Then click Send, click Inputs, and choose which ones you want to use.
Other wallets: I don't know Tongue
what if...

best regards
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316
Possibly caused by a "bad" server that is trying to phish you with fake error messages in an attempt to get you to update to a fake version of Electrum that will steal your coins. As you have discovered, simply manually selecting a different server from the "Network" settings within Electrum will generally fix this sending issue.

NOTE: the "bad" servers cannot steal your coins. They can only try and send fake messages. The exploit has been patched in Electrum since 3.3.4, so that is why you see the generic "unknown error", rather than the message with a download link.

Activity: 50
Merit: 2
Why do I get this when chips imported to Electrum with private keys, trying to use them, get this--

The server returned and error when broadcasting the transaction. Consider to trying to connect to a different server, or updating Electrum.

What version of electrum. Are you running? I think you just need to. Find the network settings fromm the drop down menus and toggle through a few servers..

Version 4.0.3. I got it sent. Toggled with another servers. Thanks for reply. 
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Why do I get this when chips imported to Electrum with private keys, trying to use them, get this--

The server returned and error when broadcasting the transaction. Consider to trying to connect to a different server, or updating Electrum.

What version of electrum. Are you running? I think you just need to. Find the network settings fromm the drop down menus and toggle through a few servers..

copper member
I have a voucher for Chipmixer. Does it matter when it's used to withdraw chips to wallet vs. privacy? What is optimal time, if there is such thing.

I think the research says a random time beyond 7 days.

I'd suggest to just pick a random day after that maybe in the next week or two since getting chips.

If you have multiple chips, you might want to withdraw them individually 3-7 days apart from each other..
I have a voucher for Chipmixer. Does it matter when it's used to withdraw chips to wallet vs. privacy? What is optimal time, if there is such thing.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
An user asked about your (not discontinued) Electrum plugin and if you have a public API
Thank you for notification. As responded at that thread:
Quote from: ChipMixer
Electrum plugin was made as a concept to be integrated with Electrum but Electrum programmers were afraid that mixer integration is bad for their reputation.
As it is - plugin is hard to install and ugly. But it works and has quite a few users.
copper member
You might want to send a pm to chipmixer with that link rather than posting it here just in case it gets abused?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
An user asked about your (not discontinued) Electrum plugin and if you have a public API, and it looks like the old endpoints are still working. Just a warn in case this is not intended ~edited~.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
I guess the time-delay is on purpose (to improve privacy), but I can't find what range is used.
We do sweep every 24 hours.

If you deposit 5 mBTC and after one confirmation you sweep 5 mBTC worth of chips into one address - it is not very private.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Can someone please tell me how long it takes for Chipmixer to process transfers out?
I sent some coins into their mixer, mixed it and decided to withdrew my entire chips, by sweeping them to a different address. It's been well over an 3 hour and no show on blockchain nor in my wallet.. What's up with that?
You can always withdrawal the chips private-keys and sweep them yourself with a wallet like Electrum. Why don't you try this?

https://bitcoinelectrum.com/sweeping-your-private-keys-into-electrum/

Maybe I will next time, but for now I have already initiated the withdrawal... Funny, 5 hours later and still nothing

Quick edit: I went on to do what you suggested lets see if it works

Quoting my own post just as a follow up. i imported it into my wallet and that solved the delay issues.
Thanks all
legendary
Can someone please tell me how long it takes for Chipmixer to process transfers out?
I sent some coins into their mixer, mixed it and decided to withdrew my entire chips, by sweeping them to a different address. It's been well over an 3 hour and no show on blockchain nor in my wallet.. What's up with that?
I guess the time-delay is on purpose (to improve privacy), but I can't find what range is used.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
Mixing works best if you let some time pass anyway. That way it's more difficult to trace back the coins. From ChipMixer FAQ :

You have 7 days to deposit, mix and withdraw private keys. You can extend it for another 7 days if your input transaction is stuck in mempool.

So take your time.
Pages:
Jump to: