Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 50. (Read 92699 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
So there is no possibility to make an (rpc) call or sth like that  to destroy the specified client-side cookie also ?

or does this undermine privacy ? if so may it makes sense to put an hint to the side on step 4.
Client-side cookie can be destroyed by server with http header and it will be changed to do so. It does not require Javascript or user action. It will increase privacy.

If I Destroy my session, then restore that session in another browser, I get the same deposit address. Is that the intended behaviour?
If you destroy the session (at step 4 you confirm you want to destroy it) - it is impossible to get same deposit address when you restore session with session token. You will get new session with same token but different deposit address and no history. If that is not true - please send us more info by email.

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
No, because once they are confirmed, they belong to an adress of which the private key belongs to bitpay, not you nor Chipmixer.
so the key is the same but the owner changes ?
No.

As explained, if you send the bitcoins to Bitpay, once the transaction is confirmed, they will be assigned to the Bitpay Address (which will have a completely different private key to the one you received from ChipMixer.

If there is any change from that transaction... ie. you withdrew a 0.1 BTC "chip" and only sent 0.08 BTC to Bitpay... then what happens with the 0.02 BTC change depends on what wallet you used to setup the transaction and/or how that wallet is setup to handle change.

If the wallet creates a "new" change address, then the coins are now assigned to a new address (with a new private that neither Bitpay nor ChipMixer have any control over... only your wallet will have the private key. Transaction will look something like this:

Code:
0.1 BTC 1ChipMixerAddress -|-> 0.08 1BitPayAddress
                           |-> 0.02 1YourNewAddress <-- Only you have access to this

If the wallet does not create a change address, but sends the coins back to the original address created by ChipMixer, then you and ChipMixer still have access to the coins. Transaction will look like this:

Code:
0.1 BTC 1ChipMixerAddress -|-> 0.08 1BitPayAddress
                           |-> 0.02 1ChipMixerAddress <-- Both you AND ChipMixer have the private key for this
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
No, because once they are confirmed, they belong to an adress of which the private key belongs to bitpay, not you nor Chipmixer.

If you're talking about the private keys you receive from Chipmixer, yes that is the case.

If you're talking about normal bitcoin transactions; no. a different private key will hold the outputs (as otherwise it wouldn't be trustless..)

send them over to a private key you generated yourself.

this is the sweeping feature or?

best regards
I think this is what most people understand under "sweeping", correct (?).
Activity: 138
Merit: 20

send them over to a private key you generated yourself.

this is the sweeping feature or?

best regards

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
so therotically, the funds from the key which iv'e exported in my wallet and then sent to bitpay are still vulnerable, cause if an third party ( like chipmixer ) still knows  these keys ?

If you're talking about the remainder (the "change"), depending on your wallet software it could be that it's sent to a change address belonging to your original keypool, or it might've not used any change addresses and instead has sent the coins back to the same address, for which the private key is known by chipmixer.

As general advice: If you're not planning on immediately spending the keys you received from chipmixer, it's usually a smart idea to send them over to a private key you generated yourself.
@loyceV:

I restored my "session token" in a different browser. I expected the server not to know the token anymore after I Destroyed the session.
What u mean with different browser ?  i dont think that the cookie is an cross-browser one

i've test this with opera and chrome and there was no crossing at all

U can avoid this  if u using tor browser reopen it or delete all cookies on the certain browser

I'm not sure what you're asking here: if you make a transaction to Bitpay, you're paying to their address, not sending them your private key.

so therotically, the funds from the key which iv'e exported in my wallet and then sent to bitpay are still vulnerable, cause if an third party ( like chipmixer ) still knows  these keys ?

best regards
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
if u use Tor with a new session or an browser with an new incognito window and close this than open a new one,
I restored my "session token" in a different browser. I expected the server not to know the token anymore after I Destroyed the session.

1. when i export the private keys in my wallet and pay with these ones for example over an bitcoin merchant like bitpay.
are these funds still accesible for chipmixer ?
See:
or will the private key swapped ( exchanged ) with the transaction to bitpay.
I'm not sure what you're asking here: if you make a transaction to Bitpay, you're paying to their address, not sending them your private key.
i've got one more question about sweeping or not

1. when i export the private keys in my wallet and pay with these ones for example over an bitcoin merchant like bitpay.
are these funds still accesible for chipmixer ? or will the private key swapped ( exchanged ) with the transaction to bitpay.

best regards 

@loyceV:

if u use Tor with a new session or an browser with an new incognito window and close this than open a new one,

the session is different, but with an normal browser window it is not enough to close the entire one.  

@jackg:

i think the tor browser blocks all java ( thats also the reason for that the faq site doesn't working properly anymore)

may just a design for the faq site without folded out parts is an better privacy oriented option.  

@konstanly:

to estimate a good fee i use: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/  
and the more simple variant: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/fee-calculator/

best regards
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
When you destroy session data at step 4 - server-side data is destroyed but browser-data (cookies) persist. We can change this to work as expected.
If I Destroy my session, then restore that session in another browser, I get the same deposit address. Is that the intended behaviour?
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
When you destroy session data at step 4 - server-side data is destroyed but browser-data (cookies) persist. We can change this to work as expected.

So there is no possibility to make an (rpc) call or sth like that  to destroy the specified client-side cookie also ?

or does this undermine privacy ? if so may it makes sense to put an hint to the side on step 4.

best regards 

From my work with java script uou can write to cookies from the console using cookie.write afaik, there's also a delete function but I can't remember if it's delete, remove or clear...

Edit: oooo 100 pages
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
@konstanty:

i made an transcation in the last hour to chipmixer 160 satoshi fee duration was approx 60 min.

what about ur transaction on the blockchain ?  

research it with an block explorer an check the status.

best regards  

all good now, indeed my fee was too low, but it is like that when I use my market. Thank you for support.
Also chipmixer responded to my email and explained all patiently. They are decent crew.

So there is no possibility to make an (rpc) call or sth like that  to destroy the specified client-side cookie also ?

best regards  

Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
after destroying the session i got the same again
Session token is stored with browser cookie. As long as you have this cookie - you will keep same token.
Cookies can be set to never expire (privacy nightmare), expire after selected time or expire after you close your browser (best privacy).
ChipMixer cookies are set to expire when you close your browser.

HCP
legendary
Oh... well in that case, I'd agree that it doesn't seem right. Are you still able to see the details (like the deposits, private keys etc) of the "old" session, once you have destroyed it and then been given the same token? Huh
@hcp:

best regards

@konstanty:

i made an transcation in the last hour to chipmixer 160 satoshi fee duration was approx 60 min.

what about ur transaction on the blockchain ?  

research it with an block explorer an check the status.

best regards  
HCP
legendary
That problem with the remaining session code ist still present, even in tor.
It says on the initial page where the session token is issued (and all subsequent pages):
Quote from: chipmixer.com "Step 0" Page
Session ends 7 days after it was started. Time remaining 167 h 59 min
If your browser is unstable, keep this link to recover the session.
If you need to extend session (input transaction is delayed), us this link
So, I suspect that the persistent session code is "by design"... Are you reconnecting within the 7 day period? Or are you still getting the same session token after the 7 days have expired? Huh
@chipmixer:

That problem with the remaining session code ist still present, even in tor.

So may the advice after destroying the session to wipe cache or create an new tor identiy should be mandatory i think.

best regards
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi,

Do you see any delays today? I transferred funds 7 hours ago and still got nothing. Site is legit, I copied tor link from this forum.
I used chipmixer multiple times, it is the first time I experience such delay.
What should I do? Just wait patiently?

Or you might be talking about the transaction that you made from your wallet after you imported the private keys from Chipmixer?

Thanks for reply. Bitcoins have never reached my chipmixer deposit. At least not yet. I cannot raise the fee on the site I used for btc transfer.
Usually 20-40 mins were enough. Now it has been over 9 hours. Weird, but I understand I can only wait patiently.
Pages:
Jump to: