Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 82. (Read 92708 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
No. Inputs of the same type are grouped together by the daemon when they're made.

So part of Bob's transaction might come from Alice's but it's not a key switch it's a key that's given to an address funded by many other addresses.

Alice might end up with 5% of Bob's funds so it means nothing, maybe an Alex did similar and he has 5% in the pool too but he merely wanted to use an exchange without being tracked by the people he was offering a service too (maybe he's freelancing as a job but feels people won't respect him so much if he doesn't hodl his funds).

Mixers exchange money for the same amount of money though. If you want to be more anonymous you have to consider using the donate function or printing off a receipt and just hold onto a fraction of the Bitcoin in the key for a few years if you can...
Activity: 47
Merit: 16
So looking at this service, and possibly other mixers, aren't they effectively just exchanging my transaction history with another stranger.

For example.

Alice deposits 10 mBTC into chipmixer and gets a 8 mBTC chip and a 2 mBTC chip.  The chips Alice gets were from earlier in the week, so they don't have her TXN history.

Bob comes around later and deposits 10 mBTC and picks up a 8 mBTC chip and 2 mBTC chip.  Bob does something bad with this chips and gets investigated.  When they trace the coins Bob used, they ultimately trace them back to Alice, since Bob happened to pick up Alice's earlier deposit.  So although this is great for Bob, Alice gets a knock on the door with questions about what she's been up to.

copper member
Hello

last few days some of low size chips were preloaded with Segwit (segwit over p2sh) instead of non-segwit (p2pkh). Out of all withdrawn Segwit chips - none were sweeped by our users. If you were affected - please contact our support - we will help you get your coins.

ChipMixer Segwit rollout will be delayed.

Are they still loaded, can I send a test of a small chip? Or is there an issue with how they were produced?

Maybe people are just holding the funds to allow for a delay?
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Hello

last few days some of low size chips were preloaded with Segwit (segwit over p2sh) instead of non-segwit (p2pkh). Out of all withdrawn Segwit chips - none were sweeped by our users. If you were affected - please contact our support - we will help you get your coins.

ChipMixer Segwit rollout will be delayed.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
There is no on-chain link and it cannot be traced.
As long as the user doesn't do anything dumb... Like sweep the chips back to a previous address, or spend with coins from other addresses, thereby creating an on-chain link! Wink
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
i use chipmixer a lot and i am really satisfyed by their service but is there any user who has already run some chainanalytic tool to see if the coins are untraceable  as promised?
As long as you know how ChipMixer works - there is no need to check. After you deposit your bitcoins - you receive chips funded before your deposit. There is no on-chain link and it cannot be traced.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
above are the two official sites as listed in the first post of this thread
simple rule... if it is not listed in the official Announcement page, it's definitily scam/phish site
it also applies to any legit service sites that created and maintained their [ANN] page in this forum
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
It's safe to assume anything else than the official domain is a scam. This goes for any mixer, exchange or wallet.
copper member
https://chipmixer.cc/

Is this a scam site ?

regards 

Yes.

They’ve missed something off that the real chipmixer has on their site. I don’t think I should post it publicly though... your sub conscience should pick it up if you’ve used the site before...
Activity: 138
Merit: 20
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
i have been scammed by few bitcoin mixer.. hope this service is good and ill not get scammed.
I've seen scam mixers indeed, but most scams happen through fake mixer clones. That started when BitMixer was still active, and it's still happening with the current mixers. Make sure you use the real site.
Activity: 555
Merit: 251
thank you.. ill try it
copper member
thank you for the clarification. i have been scammed by few bitcoin mixer.. hope this service is good and ill not get scammed.

The company has been around for over a year and still haven't had any credible scam accusations (ones that have at least been backed up by someone posting a txid directly going to chipmixer)...

Thre are also no fees taken directly by the mixer, so if you like them, feel free to donate...
how may days it will take to tumble or mix 1 btc?

You should get the private keys once the transaction enters a block and gets one confirmation.
Beyond that time, it just depends on how long you want to wait before you take out your coins and “spend” the private keys.

It’s best to put in 1.024 bitcoin if you can to reduce fees and you can donate the 0.024 as you please or remix it later back to you.

thank you for the clarification. i have been scammed by few bitcoin mixer.. hope this service is good and ill not get scammed.
copper member

You should get the private keys once the transaction enters a block and gets one confirmation.
Beyond that time, it just depends on how long you want to wait before you take out your coins and “spend” the private keys.

It’s best to put in 1.024 bitcoin if you can to reduce fees and you can donate the 0.024 as you please or remix it later back to you.
copper member
i use chipmixer a lot and i am really satisfyed by their service but is there any user who has already run some chainanalytic tool to see if the coins are untraceable  as promised?

Chipmixer bases privacy on the intelligence of its users.

If you pull out a private key and sweep all of your chips back at once, say you deposit 0.02{btc] and get 0.016 and 0.004 btc and then put the two chips into the one transaction to redeem them, clearly you’ve messed up as it’s easy to spot with blockchain analysis.
As apposed to this, you could use 2 addresses to send the funds to after waiting a fewdays or having the private keys and sending them to different addresses at different times. E.G. send to the mixer on a Sunday, pull out 0.016 on the Friday and 0.004 on the following Wednesday means your activity is a lot better hidden.

even just after importing the two adresses to one electrum wallet by privatekey and then paying a bitpay bill for example?

i thought it would be hard to trace it because they are funded in the past/communized amounts and just big amounts would raise the attention of an analytic tool.

It depends on the level of the tool in use and it’s steength. And the numbber of transactions that size in a day,

Under normal circumstances, bit pay probably aren’t running analytics (on every deposit) so you’re probably good to put the two together it’s just if you’re worried about someone else doing the adding up.

The funded in the last bit is good, but you’re still sending the transaction in the future...
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
i use chipmixer a lot and i am really satisfyed by their service but is there any user who has already run some chainanalytic tool to see if the coins are untraceable  as promised?

If you pull out a private key and sweep all of your chips back at once, say you deposit 0.02{btc] and get 0.016 and 0.004 btc and then put the two chips into the one transaction to redeem them, clearly you’ve messed up as it’s easy to spot with blockchain analysis.
As apposed to this, you could use 2 addresses to send the funds to after waiting a fewdays or having the private keys and sending them to different addresses at different times. E.G. send to the mixer on a Sunday, pull out 0.016 on the Friday and 0.004 on the following Wednesday means your activity is a lot better hidden.

even just after importing the two adresses to one electrum wallet by privatekey and then paying a bitpay bill for example?

i thought it would be hard to trace it because they are funded in the past/communized amounts and just big amounts would raise the attention of an analytic tool.
copper member
i use chipmixer a lot and i am really satisfyed by their service but is there any user who has already run some chainanalytic tool to see if the coins are untraceable  as promised?

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: