Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Codex Protocol - Decentralized Registry for Art & Collectibles - page 29. (Read 43288 times)

Activity: 303
Merit: 0
 I have a question. Are there any video conferences with the participation of the team of this project?
Activity: 294
I also recently planned to invest it, but I'm still thinking. Although this project is pleased with a large audience and many are interested in it. Probably, it means something
Activity: 308
If you check with the road map, now they have a Launch stage. You can check it yourself if you read the white paper

Unfortunately, English is not my native language, so I do not understand much of what's written there. I understood the main essence of the idea with the help of translator, but I would like to see that I fully understand this project, because it seems to me that it has good prospects for the future and it would be good to invest it

I agree with you, I recently invested it and do not regret it. I think this will only pay off. And as for white paper, I know that they have not only the English version, but others. I think more information is on their website
Activity: 311
If you check with the road map, now they have a Launch stage. You can check it yourself if you read the white paper

Unfortunately, English is not my native language, so I do not understand much of what's written there. I understood the main essence of the idea with the help of translator, but I would like to see that I fully understand this project, because it seems to me that it has good prospects for the future and it would be good to invest it
Activity: 308
Activity: 311
Tell me, please, at what stage is the project now?
Activity: 224
Let's assume I want to buy a car on Codex. Are all cars in here just collectibles or I can still drive them? It's mportant because of luxury taxes, you know
I think that any car will not be available for purchase. I'm sure that there will only be rare cars
It would be nice to buy cars here for crypto-currency  Smiley
Codex, this isnt a project to sell cars. There will be old or collectible things. For this purpose that project
I certainly understand. There will be coins, stamps, paintings and much more. What would you buy here?
Honestly, I would buy old weapons. Recently, I'm interested in Japanese culture, I would like to buy a real katana  Roll Eyes Cool
Wow, it sounds very cool. True, I think ancient weapons are very expensive. Especially, real swords are hardly preserved. It will be possible to find high quality reconstructive works, which can be considered a rarity
Activity: 189
Let's assume I want to buy a car on Codex. Are all cars in here just collectibles or I can still drive them? It's mportant because of luxury taxes, you know
I think that any car will not be available for purchase. I'm sure that there will only be rare cars
Codex, this isnt a project to sell cars. There will be old or collectible things. For this purpose that project
I certainly understand. There will be coins, stamps, paintings and much more. What would you buy here?
Honestly, I would buy old weapons. Recently, I'm interested in Japanese culture, I would like to buy a real katana  Roll Eyes Cool
Hi guys, how are you? Will the Codes has a wallet? Or money will be on standard wallets?
Hey. It seems that the site will have a wallet for internal use. Money can be transferred to other wallets through the exchange. But this isnt accurate, I'm not sure
Hi guys, how are you? Will the Codes has a wallet? Or money will be on standard wallets?
Activity: 194
Merit: 1
I hope there will be no issues because of every user uses different app? Will there be any limitations at will of your partners in these apps?

Nope, there shouldn't be any issues because all the apps will be connecting to the Codex Registry, which is hosted on ethereum Smiley Any of the project's partners, as well as regular people like you and I, can use these apps without limitations.
Activity: 142
Activity: 141
I hope there will be no issues because of every user uses different app? Will there be any limitations at will of your partners in these apps?
Activity: 156
Hi everyone.  Wink All good day. People, I had such a question - will every object in the Codex system need any documents for making it into a single register?

...and i want to ask something too)
Which actions I can do on your platform as common user, not programmer et cetera?

That's a great question. Add items to the Codex Protocol depends on the application that you're using to add this item. Every application will have different requirements and standards. Codex Protocol is built for collaboration and partnership across the arts & collectibles market.

There are many partners of Codex Protocol and each one of them will have an application.

There are 8 partnerships
1: Feral Horses
2: ValueMyStuff
3: Luxury Asset Capital
4: The Clarion List
5: DUST IDENTITY
6: Maecenas
7: Liveauctioneers
8: Heffel Fine

You can find more about them on the website
http://www.codexprotocol.com

I expected there will be only only one app Grin Will you collaborate with partners' developers to make all apps connected and united?
Activity: 141
Just to be clear - why should I invest in your project? What advantadges can you offer to me? I mean what is ther features for investors who want get profits, but who are not interested in your services?
For example you can own shares and sell them, you can get rewards via contributing and provenance info... check the wp.
Activity: 176
nice day)
Tell us more about used technologies in the project please.

Good question Smiley

So the Codex Protocol is built on top of the Ethereum network. There are no plans for building a special blockchain for Codex at the moment. Ethereum is the most popular platform even though there are scalability challenges. Codex is not worried about scalability right now as the transactions are low volume but have a high value.   

There are 4 smart contracts:

1: CodexCoin which is an ERC-20 utility token
2: Codex Registry, which is the ERC-721 smart contract (Non-Fungible Token Standard)
3: The staking contract, where token holders can stake tokens to receive a discount on token fees
4: The proxy contracts, from which the core contracts are accessed through

These contracts were implemented already on the Rinkeby testnet.

Does "not worried about scalability" mean that you are not sure that the platform will be very popular? Also I want to understand, do we really need 4 types of smart contracts?
Pages:
Jump to: