Pages:
Author

Topic: [Ann] CoinDL - Buy with Bitcoin: Now only 1% fee on Coupon & Gift Codes - page 4. (Read 21566 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Also looking at setting up an album download for a cousin. Will try to get hold of WAVs - I currently have MP3s + image - I guess I can upload this if needed, but wavs would be better? Or does it just depend on the quality of the MP3s I have?
Looking forward to hearing what you've got! If the MP3s are good quality that's probably fine for now. The WAV idea is part of an ongoing effort to create a multi-format rendering system.

Now available! Link and more info available over at this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-album-stillium-partita-electronica-1-of-sales-to-the-faucet-101960
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
Technical inclination varies widely but we do have a widget that is pretty simple to add to a site. You can see it in action at http://bitcoinexchangerate.org

Thanks for the info.  Does it have, or will you add, the ability for one to style the widget as one would like to make it fit in better on ones site?
Can't say as there's much of a user-friendly way to mod it but the css used is all in https://www.coindl.com/css/widget.css

You might be able to override some of the cdl* classes to acheive the look you want. Out of curiosity, what attributes might you want to modify besides the color of the frame?

Nothing specific in mind at the moment just wondering about possibilities. Perhaps the font and the font size and color; the size of the product graphic; the look of the button; the width of the widget; getting rid of the frame altogether to make it easier to use it inside posts and other content rather than using it strictly as a side bar widget... etc. 
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
Technical inclination varies widely but we do have a widget that is pretty simple to add to a site. You can see it in action at http://bitcoinexchangerate.org

Thanks for the info.  Does it have, or will you add, the ability for one to style the widget as one would like to make it fit in better on ones site?
Can't say as there's much of a user-friendly way to mod it but the css used is all in https://www.coindl.com/css/widget.css

You might be able to override some of the cdl* classes to acheive the look you want. Out of curiosity, what attributes might you want to modify besides the color of the frame?
legendary
My money; Our Bitcoin.
The main reason I didn't use this site yet is it's not at all clear to me that the sellers are the real creators of the content. What stops somebody from registering as a seller and just uploading other peoples music?

If there was a way for a seller page to link to some proof of ownership, like a page/tweet/Facebook post/whatever on the creators official sites naming CoinDL as a market, that would help a lot.
http://www.justinbporter.com/ shows a link to CoinDL.

Instead of a link what is needed, imo, is a way for artists, who are not technically inclined, to be able to sell their stuff directly from their own website. 

legendary
Activity: 1031
The main reason I didn't use this site yet is it's not at all clear to me that the sellers are the real creators of the content. What stops somebody from registering as a seller and just uploading other peoples music?

If there was a way for a seller page to link to some proof of ownership, like a page/tweet/Facebook post/whatever on the creators official sites naming CoinDL as a market, that would help a lot.

A great idea.
legendary
password reset does not work:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: reset_password.php

also, you seemingly try to do the right thing and present the same error message when doing password retrieval, and display the same error message if the email account exists or not. but the styling is different, so i can check if someone has an account at your site.
Thanks apetersson. Both issues have been fixed.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
password reset does not work:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: reset_password.php

also, you seemingly try to do the right thing and present the same error message when doing password retrieval, and display the same error message if the email account exists or not. but the styling is different, so i can check if someone has an account at your site.
legendary

Instead of a link what is needed, imo, is a way for artists, who are not technically inclined, to be able to sell their stuff directly from their own website. 
legendary

If you'd like I can send you the form letter I send to people for whom it's not clear that they own the content? It effectively asks for an email from a publicly known domain name for the author or publisher, a temporary mention on their website, or a DNS TXT record. We used Google's verification for google apps as a model.
legendary
My money; Our Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

legendary
Are bitcoin prices auto-adjusted to a set dollar value?

Some of them are. Sellers have a choice to fix the price in BTC or to set a USD value the will be converted and updated at least hourly using Mtgox last.
Activity: 772
Merit: 501
Are bitcoin prices auto-adjusted to a set dollar value?
legendary
CoinDL could do way more to promote the material. Where can I rate articles? Where can I filter or sort for just in, PayWhatYouWant, rating, popularity, etc. What is stuff sorted by anyway? Where are pictures of the artists in the overview? And why does playing one title not pause the others?

When I click "buy" for several articles, I get several check-outs? Seriously?

I hope you still believe in CoinDL and work behind the scenes cause without some polish I'm afraid this will not attract the masses.

Thanks giszmo for the passionate suggestions. Incremental improvements are in the pipeline and we're working with top sellers to build the features they want. Buyers are a little harder to satisfy but the things you suggest are obviously beneficial. Stay tuned.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
CoinDL could do way more to promote the material. Where can I rate articles? Where can I filter or sort for just in, PayWhatYouWant, rating, popularity, etc. What is stuff sorted by anyway? Where are pictures of the artists in the overview? And why does playing one title not pause the others?

When I click "buy" for several articles, I get several check-outs? Seriously?

I hope you still believe in CoinDL and work behind the scenes cause without some polish I'm afraid this will not attract the masses.
legendary
Also looking at setting up an album download for a cousin. Will try to get hold of WAVs - I currently have MP3s + image - I guess I can upload this if needed, but wavs would be better? Or does it just depend on the quality of the MP3s I have?
Looking forward to hearing what you've got! If the MP3s are good quality that's probably fine for now. The WAV idea is part of an ongoing effort to create a multi-format rendering system.
Activity: 295

Anyway, I'll upload it under "pay what you want" whenever I get cleared. It's on itunes too.

Let us know when this is up - really like the video you linked to.

donator
Activity: 308
click the pencil to edit an item and put in the ID of the YouTube video (not the entire URL)
I'm sure you will figure out the right regexp to extract the ID so you don't have to rely on the user to extract it Wink
I arrived at this:
Code:
/(?<=(?:v|i)=)[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(?=&)|(?<=(?:v|i)\/)[^&\n]+|(?<=embed\/)[^"&\n]+|(?<=(?:v|i)=)[^&\n]+|(?<=youtu.be\/)[^&\n]+/

Testing:
$urls = array(

'',

'youtube.com/v/dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/vi/dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/?vi=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/watch?vi=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ',
);

foreach (
$urls as $url) {

preg_match('/(?<=(?:v|i)=)[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(?=&)|(?<=(?:v|i)\/)[^&\n]+|(?<=embed\/)[^"&\n]+|(?<=(?:v|i)=)[^&\n]+|(?<=youtu.be\/)[^&\n]+/'$url$matches);

print_r($matches);
}

Works for all of 'em:
Code:
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
legendary
The website is currently offline and a ticket submitted with the hosting company. Will advise when more is known.

EDIT: We're back.
Pages:
Jump to: