Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinLab Protected Pool - page 6. (Read 97582 times)

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
April 05, 2013, 01:53:01 AM
Maybe you could also pass the question "what's up with the HPC client" up the chain? Wink
+1
donator
Activity: 543
April 04, 2013, 07:30:33 PM
Maybe you could also pass the question "what's up with the HPC client" up the chain? Wink
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
April 04, 2013, 06:22:23 PM
I feel like it will take an eternity to re-earn the bitcoins I lost in coinlab shares. No offense, guys @ coinlab. pay me. I only mine on your pool by accident at this point - all of my other pools have failed over at that point. I should've never agreed to 95% and a fiat denominated PPS for redeem points as some type of "reward" for my dedication. In retrospect, that's insanity.

The redeem points were a hedge against Bitcoin decreasing in value/profitability, but it can go both ways. I don't think it was insanity; I'm pretty sure we all signed up because we expected profitability to decline. And thanks to unrelated economic developments, it (happily) hasn't.

That being said, I would love to see a formal procedure for credits buy-outs. I know Giga tried to sell his shares awhile back on the forums and was told he couldn't, but that Coinlab could possibly work out a private deal with him for a reduced percentage of his share value.

Interesting idea: I think it could be good for both sides.  I'm passing it up the chain.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 10:53:30 PM
I feel like it will take an eternity to re-earn the bitcoins I lost in coinlab shares. No offense, guys @ coinlab. pay me. I only mine on your pool by accident at this point - all of my other pools have failed over at that point. I should've never agreed to 95% and a fiat denominated PPS for redeem points as some type of "reward" for my dedication. In retrospect, that's insanity.

The redeem points were a hedge against Bitcoin decreasing in value/profitability, but it can go both ways. I don't think it was insanity; I'm pretty sure we all signed up because we expected profitability to decline. And thanks to unrelated economic developments, it (happily) hasn't.

That being said, I would love to see a formal procedure for credits buy-outs. I know Giga tried to sell his shares awhile back on the forums and was told he couldn't, but that Coinlab could possibly work out a private deal with him for a reduced percentage of his share value.
Activity: 165
Your Argument is Irrelephant
April 03, 2013, 10:11:56 PM
April 03, 2013, 11:46:47 AM
Are there any issues in paying out the balances?

Last txn was on 26/03 for the week 2013-03-17 - dont seem to have been paid out since

Nope.  Looks like you earned less than one full bitcoin on the week of the 24th, so your account was not flagged for automatic payout this Monday. Send me a PM if you'd like me to process a manual payout for you today. Otherwise, you should be above the 1 BTC threshold for next Monday.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
April 03, 2013, 06:10:15 AM
Are there any issues in paying out the balances?

Last txn was on 26/03 for the week 2013-03-17 - dont seem to have been paid out since
donator
Activity: 543
April 02, 2013, 01:59:48 AM
Did I miss the Coinlab HPC update where they explain why they failed to get anything done 4-5 month later. Huh
I tried to get an answer to this question many times. They simply won't respond to the question why there is no HPC client or if there will ever be one.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
April 02, 2013, 12:30:03 AM
Did I miss the Coinlab HPC update where they explain why they failed to get anything done 4-5 month later. Huh

/watching/

Thanks
April 01, 2013, 06:49:44 PM
Today's VWAP for Redeem Pool payouts is $99.82
Activity: 700
March 31, 2013, 04:50:31 PM
I am not mining there, but on the leaderboard I can see several users hashing, so it must be alive I suppose.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 31, 2013, 04:07:42 PM
yes, I have several million to redeem
March 31, 2013, 02:40:55 PM
Are you registered with Coinlab? Do you have loyality points to redeem?
March 31, 2013, 02:11:18 PM

when I enter that address in BFGminer  says it is a dead pool
March 28, 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
March 19, 2013, 12:39:23 AM
Coinlab, you are on the list of pools mining version 1 blocks, which will be orphaned once 95% of the network is mining version 2 blocks. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blockversion-1-blocks-will-all-be-orphaned-soon-154521
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
March 16, 2013, 08:30:52 PM
Hey miners,

We've resolved our issue, and are now generating work properly again.  If you switched to a backup pool during the downtime, you can now switch back.

No accepted shares were lost, and we are paying full value for these shares done on the malformed work we were sending out earlier today: it was our bug, not your problem.  The bug has been fixed, and we're now generating valid work again.

Thank you for your patience, and our apologies for the inconvenience!

Chris
Thanks for the update; you guys always do a good job of making up for problems like this. Smiley

Do you have an estimate for when we'll see the stats updated to reflect the hours they were broken?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
March 13, 2013, 11:23:02 PM
In light of the forked chain last night, would anyone be able to confirm that coinlab is using .7x client or earlier?

We are running a 0.7x client.   

The fork appears to have caused a problem with the way we generate work.  We're searching feverishly for this bug: fixing this is currently our highest priority.

Will post further updates as news comes in. Thanks for your patience.

thanks Chris.
March 13, 2013, 12:12:26 AM
Hey miners,

We've resolved our issue, and are now generating work properly again.  If you switched to a backup pool during the downtime, you can now switch back.

No accepted shares were lost, and we are paying full value for these shares done on the malformed work we were sending out earlier today: it was our bug, not your problem.  The bug has been fixed, and we're now generating valid work again.

Thank you for your patience, and our apologies for the inconvenience!

Chris
Pages:
Jump to: