Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinLab Protected Pool - page 7. (Read 97582 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
March 12, 2013, 08:26:40 PM
Lack of news on this issue is misleading, some of us bought some hardware just for this project, and nothing happened.

If only somebody had warned you that the notoriously difficult HPC marketplace is riddled with scores of failed attempts!

Oh wait...

You're going to need lots of $$$ to be competitive in this space, doing Big Science and whatnot. 

Be careful.  I've seen many companies enter, fail, and leave this space.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
March 12, 2013, 08:07:14 PM
In light of the forked chain last night, would anyone be able to confirm that coinlab is using .7x client or earlier?

We are running a 0.7x client.   

The fork appears to have caused a problem with the way we generate work.  We're searching feverishly for this bug: fixing this is currently our highest priority.

Will post further updates as news comes in. Thanks for your patience.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
@theshmadz
March 12, 2013, 07:21:54 PM
In light of the forked chain last night, would anyone be able to confirm that coinlab is using .7x client or earlier?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
March 12, 2013, 06:30:39 PM
My overall stats for the protected pool seem to have frozen at 43.48 hours into this week, although it accurately reports my current hashrate. Anyone else having an issue?

Servers are temporarily down while we solve this issue.  We're working full steam to get this back up.

We will not lose any accepted shares (and have a redundant backup of accepted shares), but until servers are back up, your miner will be temporarily idle.  You should switch to a backup pool while this problem is resolved (but we hope to have servers back up very soon). 

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll keep you posted on our progress.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
March 12, 2013, 03:53:14 PM
My overall stats for the protected pool seem to have frozen at 43.48 hours into this week, although it accurately reports my current hashrate. Anyone else having an issue?
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
March 10, 2013, 05:06:02 PM
all questions about the HPC project seems to be ignored?

Because they have pivoted since they have realized just how hard HPC is and how little $$$ is in HPC if it is not done right (aka, nvidia and not amd).

okay, i wasnt aware of this, have they stated this plublicly? or are you just guessing? I'm not saying you are wrong, im just saying they could have informed (if they didnt:) ) better about these things.., maybe i should not expect reasonable way of communication in bitcoinland, with all the shady business  ..anyway, i feel sad because i really saw great potential for this , very complicated but not impossible (imo) .., maybe not just technical challenges but also have to deal with licensing/patenting trolls... It was interesting to me because it could bring CPU/GPU mining back, and it could be used for a (larger) number of applications (not just shashing)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 10, 2013, 11:55:58 AM
Probably they didn't give up yet?
http://coinlab.com/computing
donator
Activity: 543
March 10, 2013, 11:51:39 AM
Well, then why can't they just say "HPC is dead [for us]"?
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
March 10, 2013, 10:56:57 AM

Because they have pivoted since they have realized just how hard HPC is and how little $$$ is in HPC if it is not done right (aka, nvidia and not amd).
March 10, 2013, 07:47:55 AM

Activity: 837
March 10, 2013, 03:02:51 AM
HPC software is dead and you have moved to other projects ? Lack of news on this issue is misleading, some of us bought some hardware just for this project, and nothing happened.

Activity: 270
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
March 04, 2013, 07:57:52 PM
Today's VWAP is $35.47 for redeem pool payouts
Activity: 381
March 01, 2013, 10:15:23 AM
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/coinlab-bringing-bitcoin-to-wall-street-with-mtgox-deal/

I'm curious how much time and effort was diverted from the HPC project to get this deal done?

Now that the deal is reportedly done, does this mean that work will resume on HPC? or is that idea now totally kicked to the curb?

considering the development skill sets are COMPLETELY different (as in a programmer isn't typically a good business negotiator/strategist).. I wouldnt imagine TO much overlap.
this

Umm.. I'm not so sure.. the feeling I've been getting is that the hold up on HPC is not the client, but lack of paying HPC customers.. In which case it is a marketing/business issue which definately WOULD conflict with the resources needed for the MTGOX deal.

Sigg
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
March 01, 2013, 12:48:38 AM
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/coinlab-bringing-bitcoin-to-wall-street-with-mtgox-deal/

I'm curious how much time and effort was diverted from the HPC project to get this deal done?

Now that the deal is reportedly done, does this mean that work will resume on HPC? or is that idea now totally kicked to the curb?

considering the development skill sets are COMPLETELY different (as in a programmer isn't typically a good business negotiator/strategist).. I wouldnt imagine TO much overlap.
this
Activity: 616
February 28, 2013, 07:57:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz
February 27, 2013, 08:43:34 PM

February 26, 2013, 06:15:31 PM
Would be nice to get some news, yes.
The decision to sell all GPUs or keep them for HPC work @ CoinLab isn't far away.

this....
this.... I suspect people would start selling GPUs once 2nd batch of Avalon ships.
Although Coinlab also advertises to gamers, but I think GPUs from the hashing world far out number the gamers.

this...
Activity: 270
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
February 25, 2013, 09:52:47 PM
Today's VWAP for redeem pool payouts is $30.32

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
February 23, 2013, 02:40:11 AM
The decision to sell all GPUs or keep them for HPC work @ CoinLab isn't far away.

this....
this.... I suspect people would start selling GPUs once 2nd batch of Avalon ships.
Although Coinlab also advertises to gamers, but I think GPUs from the hashing world far out number the gamers.
Activity: 837
February 21, 2013, 12:48:34 PM

this....
Pages:
Jump to: