Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinonatX-PoW/PoS-Masternodes-75% APR (CXT Sister) -NEW THREAD - page 48. (Read 63684 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Additionally, has anyone done a step by step on setting up the masternode in Linux?
Answer appears to be no. I just finished setting up one for another coin so I will create
the step by step and post it here as soon as its done

My apologies, I didn't make the video and was not aware it was removed. Linux masternode setup should go something like this:

First setup your VPS and compile the wallet. Start the wallet daemon.
Code:
./coinonatxd

After your wallet is synced, generate a new masternode private key and copy it somewhere for later.
Code:
./coinonatxd masternode genkey

Create a new receiving address for the masternode and copy it somewhere for later.
Code:
./coinonatxd getaccountaddress

Send exactly 5000 XCXT to the masternode address you just generated, either from another wallet or from an address inside the masternode wallet like so:

First, list addresses, balances, and account names in the wallet
Code:
./coinonatxd listaddressgroupings

Locate the address to send from, balance, and account name. The format shown is [
,,]

Send 5000 XCXT to the masternode address you generated above. If there is no account name for the address you want to send from (the default address) use empty quotes "" for Note: I don't recall if you need to include the 0.000001 fee or not i.e 5000.000001. Can someone please verify? Thanks
Code:
./coinonatxd sendfrom 5000

Wait a few minutes for confirmations. Check the coins were received.
Code:
./coinonatxd getreceivedbyaddress
or
./coinonatxd getbalance

Encrypt the wallet if you haven't already.
Code:
./coinonatxd encryptwallet

Edit coinonat.conf, change to the proper directory first if you're not already in it.
Code:
sudo nano coinonatx.conf

The conf file should look like this:
Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=:
masternodeprivkey=
The port you choose must be open in the firewall.

Restart the wallet
Code:
./coinonatxd stop
then
./coinonatxd

Unlock the wallet for staking only. See edit below.
Code:
./coinonatxd walletpassphrase stakingonly

EDIT: I forgot walletpassphrase requires a timeout argument in seconds like 'walletpassphrase stakingonly' Unless you'd like to use a large number it's probably better to add the password to the end of the command that starts the masternode as I have added below.

Start the masternode.
Code:
./coinonatxd masternode start
or to start a specific masternode
./coinonatxd masternode start-

Let me know if I need to make corrections. Thanks.
Activity: 333
Merit: 100
Additionally, has anyone done a step by step on setting up the masternode in Linux?
Answer appears to be no. I just finished setting up one for another coin so I will create
the step by step and post it here as soon as its done
Activity: 333
darksend.cpp:978:29: error: cannot convert ‘bool’ to ‘bool*’ in initialization      bool* pfMissingInputs = false;

This happened in several locations I made the following changes to the code to make the compiler happy and accomplish the same thing.
The error also pops up in the masternode source module. It will be very obvious. Make the same correction there.

bool pfMissingInputs;
        if(!AcceptableInputs(mempool, tx, false, &pfMissingInputs)){

Since the variable is used only locally withing the scope of the current function, it should be ok to allocate the variable on the stack and then pass its address into the
AcceptableInputs function. Within the function the value is set to false in the event that its not already done.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

With notifications enabled here I get emails anytime a post is made including the post text, even posts that are subsequently deleted ( looking at you Ted_Nugent Wink ). Looking through my emails I see all of those posts are still here. And of course dev doesn't respond to private messages for help. Support is specifically what this thread and the slack channel are here for. While the verdict is still out regarding whether this coin is a scam or not, allegedly deleting your post and failing to respond to private messages for MN support aren't particularly indicative of a scam, just lacking public relations.

Repost your issue here or perhaps try joining the slack channel: https://join.slack.com/t/coinonatxproject/shared_invite/MjI5MDUyNDgxMjUwLTE1MDMyMTY5NzMtM2FkMzdmYjY1Mg

Hey, so they deleted my other post too now.I understand that its not scammy behaviour but its still not helping to build the project either. I literally spent the past day trying to compile a wallet on a VPS, it would have been great if we knew the dependancies and what to do when you get strange errors like
Code:
darksend.cpp:978:29: error: cannot convert ‘bool’ to ‘bool*’ in initialization      bool* pfMissingInputs = false;
and the other ones i posted. I managed to do it in the end so im happy, and i want others to be also.So if you have some strange error like the ones above i can give you a heads up.
SCAM COIN !!! BEWARE ALL.
I asked for help on this thread and inboxed support to help me setup a MN Becuase it kept hitting errors and they deleted my post and never replied to me. I can post proof if need be. Like wtf I'm trying to help maintain the network. The dev and support obviously don't care about the network or coin.Not cool

With notifications enabled here I get emails anytime a post is made including the post text, even posts that are subsequently deleted ( looking at you Ted_Nugent Wink ). Looking through my emails I see all of those posts are still here. And of course dev doesn't respond to private messages for help. Support is specifically what this thread and the slack channel are here for. While the verdict is still out regarding whether this coin is a scam or not, allegedly deleting your post and failing to respond to private messages for MN support aren't particularly indicative of a scam, just lacking public relations.

Repost your issue here or perhaps try joining the slack channel: https://join.slack.com/t/coinonatxproject/shared_invite/MjI5MDUyNDgxMjUwLTE1MDMyMTY5NzMtM2FkMzdmYjY1Mg

A word of caution to everyone on slack, be very careful who you give access and credentials to. I'm aware of several occasions with other coins where people trusted what turned out to be a fake dev or support member to help them setup MN and have been robbed. Be extremely cautious of people offering to help you remotely. Never give anyone your wallet passwords!

Hello,

what about the reward of 60% when we swap from from CXT to XCXT ?
because it's been 1 month already and i didn't receive the first part of 20%
anyone else?

Several other people have asked this same thing in this thread, the old XCXT thread, the CXT thread, and the old CXT thread. A week ago Visale said dev would address the repayment plan. But nothing has been officially addressed and no payments appear to have been made as of yet.

How may devs are there?
How many coins to run a masternode?  found answer 5000  Shocked
Where can I check how many masternodes are already up and running?

Love the project and am looking to put some hash toward it and possibly buy some. I wish the trading volume was up a little bit.

There is one dev, goes by iam2good, who rarely participates in his threads. There is also a single person 'support team', goes by visale, offering pretty much all of the support. Although, he just appeared one day without explanation and his exact relationship to XCXT remains to be seen. I suggest you read through the CXT thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncoinonat-blockchain-equality-asic-resistant-pow-gpucpu-low-temperature-1835672 and the old XCXT thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-coinonatx-powpos-masternodes-75-apr-cxt-sister-2068761 before you decide to invest.

Could you guys make a turtorial on youtube, explaning VPS, masternode, and ways to do it (windows- linux-USB)? iHow to set up a masternode, profit and security. Thanks a lot

There's a windows masternode guide on the first page of this thread. Mac is basically the same, you just need to find the coinonatx.conf file. At this point I feel like setting up a mn in windows and mac has been beat to death. With linux it seems most of the issues arise with compiling the wallet which requires a bit more knowledge. There's a lot of information about linux in this thread and at the end of the old thread. Here's a video tutorial for ubuntu vps: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21351660

You'll get support for setting up a wallet and configuring a masternode here. But things like 'explaining a VPS, profit, and security' are probably beyond the scope of anything you'll find here. I suggest you google setting up and securing a VPS. Then come back here if you have issues specific to the wallet or masternode setup. If you're just learning what VPS is and how to set it up I recommend using the windows wallet if possible as it will be, by far, the simplest setup. If you don't know linux I expect you'll waste hours of your life getting it all setup, which you may or may not want to do.
Activity: 112
Could you guys make a turtorial on youtube, explaning VPS, masternode, and ways to do it (windows- linux-USB)? iHow to set up a masternode, profit and security. Thanks a lot

You can join slack chat community for more information
https://join.slack.com/t/coinonatxproject/shared_invite/MjI5MDUyNDgxMjUwLTE1MDMyMTY5NzMtM2FkMzdmYjY1Mg

You can read the masternode setup guide on first page of this thread itself

-support team
How may devs are there?
How many coins to run a masternode?  found answer 5000  Shocked

Love the project and am looking to put some hash toward it and possibly buy some. I wish the trading volume was up a little bit.

iam2good is the developer
You can check number of masternodes here https://masternodes.pro/stats/xcxt

-support team
Hello,

anyone else?

The 20% will be processed soon by developer

-support team
Activity: 7
Hello, I am still trying to compile the wallet on ubuntu VPS, I have met all dependancies but the compiler gets stuck on
Code:
g++: error: /root/CoinonatX/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: /root/CoinonatX/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a: No such file or directory
makefile.unix:224: recipe for target 'coinonatxd' failed
make: [coinonatxd] Error 1 (ignored)

UPDATE: This fixes it
Code:
cd leveldb
chmod 755 *
cd ..
and compile again
Activity: 8
Activity: 166
How may devs are there?
How many coins to run a masternode?  found answer 5000  Shocked

Activity: 18
Hello,

anyone else?

Hi, dev!
How to avoid splitting 5000 coins on a collateral address? Once a day I see that my 5000 splitted to 2 sum - approx 2500 coins each. And I need to resend 5000 for masternode start.
Maybe its related with POS? How to restrict POS for collateral address?

You should not unlock wallet for staking, you can check if staking=1 is there in conf, this must be causing the issue.

-support team
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
Hi, dev!
How to avoid splitting 5000 coins on a collateral address? Once a day I see that my 5000 splitted to 2 sum - approx 2500 coins each. And I need to resend 5000 for masternode start.
Maybe its related with POS? How to restrict POS for collateral address?
As far as I know coinonatx.conf should be the same for windows, mac, and linux wallets:

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=:
masternodeprivkey=

EDIT:
Which also contains the wallet with 1000 coins?
Are you running a masternode with 5000 XCXT in the mn address and 1000 XCXT in another address for a total of 6000 XCXT in the wallet or just trying to run a regular wallet with 1000 XCXT in the main address?  

I used the coinonatxd getnewaddress 0 to obtain a wallet address on the server, then sent 1000 coins to it.

When I set up the masternode the block count was correct, now I have 0 connections and the block count doesn't increase.

I've restarted the server and I think I've just messed up the config.

A masternode needs exactly 5000 XCXT in the masternode address to work, someone mentioned it has to be sent in a single transaction. If you have 5000 xcxt in your mn address and the conf looks like the one above, I would expect it to work. Ensure you're not using a port already allocated to another service. After you restart your wallet, I'm pretty sure you use something like masternode start to start the masternode.
Activity: 3
What should the coinonatxd.config file look like on a Ubuntu server, which also contains the wallet with 1000 coins?

rpcallowip=xx.xx.xx.xx
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=
masternodeprivkey=

should it contain the externalip=xx.xx.xx.xx instead?

As far as I know coinonatx.conf should be the same for windows, mac, and linux wallets:

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=:
masternodeprivkey=

EDIT:
Are you running a masternode with 5000 XCXT in the mn address and 1000 XCXT in another address for a total of 6000 XCXT in the wallet or just trying to run a regular wallet with 1000 XCXT in the main address?  

I used the coinonatxd getnewaddress 0 to obtain a wallet address on the server, then sent 1000 coins to it.

When I set up the masternode the block count was correct, now I have 0 connections and the block count doesn't increase.

I've restarted the server and I think I've just messed up the config.
What should the coinonatxd.config file look like on a Ubuntu server, which also contains the wallet with 1000 coins?

rpcallowip=xx.xx.xx.xx
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=
masternodeprivkey=

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=:
masternodeprivkey=

EDIT:
Activity: 3
What should the coinonatx.config file look like on a Ubuntu server, which also contains the wallet with 1000 coins?

rpcallowip=xx.xx.xx.xx
rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=xxx
staking=0
server=1
listen=1
port=
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=
masternodeprivkey=

Issue seems to be fixed, dashboard und transaction tab is showing the correct amounts.

Interesting. I re-downloaded the latest wallet and mining rewards are displaying correctly. I guess I was running an old version. Why don't we use version numbers for our wallets? or a change log? There doesn't seem to be a way to know if I'm running the latest version and what fixes were provided.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
There is also a displaying error: +10.xxx is the correct amount but on the transaction list above you can see 19068.xxx

The incorrect display of mined rewards on the dashboard was noted last week by a couple people. Someone suggested the decimal placement was wrong. But when I added them up and corrected for decimal placement the total wasn't equal to the coins being generated. Based on your screenshot it would seem that the wallet dashboard and transaction tab is showing the amount of XCXT handled in the mined transaction and not the reward the masternode receives, which is shown in the transaction details. Something to fix for sure.
Issue seems to be fixed, dashboard und transaction tab is showing the correct amounts.
Pages:
Jump to: