Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] coolMiner - Lyra2z Miner for nVidia [1080Ti-3.75MHs][Maxwell\Pascal\Volta] - page 17. (Read 23011 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
After 3-4 min on nicehash pool it loses connection and cannot reconnect.
Activity: 72
I had to go back to zfastminer, even with intensity at 19 after a few hours it disconnects/crash. Don't really know why.
If You are used coolminer on MPH then ZFastminer is a lot of better but in other pools coolminer works for me fine. Maybe You have some issue with which you have not met up til to use coolminer.
What's Your config of GPU, swap memory etc.?
With me, the coolminer works on 96 GTX1080 and have no problem.
All this works on ~2050MHz core and ~5005 MHz memory.

Well,

till now I've used a lot of miner with the same configuration with no problem at all. This is the first and only miner that crashes. I don't think is a problem of my rigs since they are with the same configuration since january and they are working great 24/7 with any other miner. Even equihash that is mor power consuming works great.

Actually I'm working with 2025Mhz gpu and -500mhz on ddr, temperatures are below 55°C

Marco
Activity: 41
I had to go back to zfastminer, even with intensity at 19 after a few hours it disconnects/crash. Don't really know why.
If You are used coolminer on MPH then ZFastminer is a lot of better but in other pools coolminer works for me fine. Maybe You have some issue with which you have not met up til to use coolminer.
What's Your config of GPU, swap memory etc.?
With me, the coolminer works on 96 GTX1080 and have no problem.
All this works on ~2050MHz core and ~5005 MHz memory.

EDIT
out of curiosity... anyone tried to compile the open source ccminer with cuda 9.2 and see the difference with this miner ?
 Wink Grin
Some day ago I was asking @Sp_ about it and
@Sp_ wrote that was trayng and practicly it has no difference in hashrate Wink
But this is Sp_ and sometimes he only writes what he wants.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
out of curiosity... anyone tried to compile the open source ccminer with cuda 9.2 and see the difference with this miner ?
 Wink Grin
Activity: 5
Connection issues again, need restart miner again
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
Speed with this miner is very good!

But I wonder if you can reach the speed of teh Z FAST MINER? I get 2900 with ZFASTMINER and my 1070ti.

Just ZFAST MINER sucks cause you can ONLY mine on miningpoolhub with that miner...
Activity: 38
The rate of hashes is one thing. Devfee - completely different. We need a balance between this.
If the profit from the miner is from 5%, then it makes sense to use it.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
so, my 1060 3 gb at 65% tdp and 145 mhz core overclock they are doing around 1185 khs! very good

1080 @ 70% tdp is running at 2730 per sec

1070ti @ 65% tdp is running at 2430 per sec!

impressive numbers Smiley
for me it is about 1 minute for one hour
Activity: 38
RIF86 - I have increased the CYCLE_TIME by 20%, so now instead switching pool every 40~50 min its should be hr~.

Update:
Download:
New Version V1.1 - Now supports "-p stats" to  submit your results to yiimp pools :-) :
https://nofile.io/f/wFpqPs0MB9v/coolMiner-x64-v1-1.zip

How many minutes does the devfee function each hour?
Activity: 157
Merit: 6
Thanks, I will also keep monitoring to find out if it crashes and what could cause it, also I even tried -i 18 on 1080Ti and got same hash-rate like on -i 21, so there is no real advantage using such high intensity on this miner.
This is because the changes that I made regarding lyra2Z_cpu_hash_32 and blake256_cpu_hash_80 launches, on ccminer you loose about 1.5%-2% on 21 vs 18 intensity, on coolMiner the hash-rate stays the ~same.

Edit:I have tested it:
-i 16 vs -i 21: ccminer ~8% penalty vs coolMiner ~3% penalty .
-i 17 vs -i 21: ccminer ~4% penalty vs coolMiner ~1.5% penalty .
You can test it yourself.
Sry to hear that, have you considered lowering the intensity? 21 is high and gives no real speed gain even over 19, and only can increase the latency from the point if find nonce until it need to completes hashing  (-i 21 =2097152) , this is why I asked about it, I think that the lowest intensity possible without impacting the hash-rate should be the best option, correct me if I am wrong.

I'll give it a try for today at -i 19

Marco
Sry to hear that, have you considered lowering the intensity? 21 is high and gives no real speed gain even over 19, and only can increase the latency from the point if find nonce until it need to completes hashing  (-i 21 =2097152) , this is why I asked about it, I think that the lowest intensity possible without impacting the hash-rate should be the best option, correct me if I am wrong.
I had to stop using it, after a few hours the miner crash or just stop working. My rigs are stable because they are working since january 24/7 no stop and I've used a lot of algos.
gtx1080, depending on the manufacturer, coolminer shows 2600-2650kh/s. (-i 21)
I think, it is good Smiley even after subtracting fee.
Activity: 92
gtx 1080 on ccminer 2.2.4-2.2.5 from github does 2550Kh+-50Kh

this miner 2700 Kh+-50Kh

150Kh x 25 cards = 3750 Kh =~2 1070 cards. It`s good.

Activity: 8
Lets start by lowering the intensity to 19.75, I have the best experience with that.
Activity: 8
1080ti evgs PL 85, core 100, memory 0, 1847 Mhz -i 21
Pages:
Jump to: