Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] coolMiner - Lyra2z Miner for nVidia [1080Ti-3.75MHs][Maxwell\Pascal\Volta] - page 21. (Read 23011 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 6

I have tried to mine when you have posted it and also got error for few sec and then when tried again all good, maybe it was NH problem for few min(it mines on NH EU server)?
Please tell me if this continues, also it should get back to your pool after the dev time over- right?.
I am also running the miner to check the log later to see if got same error.

Also why the ping is so High? can you give some info?

sry for the trouble.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
 Yes, same issue for me!
3 rigs, two different ISP, in Italy
Activity: 18
I'm in the USA and have that problem
Activity: 72
Yeah, here too.

Does it recover? Have anyone let it run in retry-mode?
In 1 location I have the same problem Sad
but in 2 location all was working good. Smiley

same country for all the location? I think is a url problem from our countries. I'm from italy and all my miner has the same problem
Activity: 41
Yeah, here too.

In 1 location I have the same problem Sad
but in 2 location all was working good. Smiley
because I think it is problem with resolving devfee pool by DNS.
Activity: 7
Yeah, here too.

Seems to have problems when switching to DEV fee

correct...same problem for me.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Since this is ccminer.. Source? on Github?

Came to ask the same thing. If you're distributing a modified version of a GPL project, and not providing the source, you're committing license violation.

Closed source is bad enough by itself for a lot of reasons. Especially in cryptocurrencies which are open community efforts. It's even worse if you're admitting you're leeching off community code.

I'm assuming you don't feel like releasing the source because of the donation/fee percentage. Frankly, I don't have a good answer for that -- I've released some opensource code myself, and I sometimes feel I've been cheated by some Chinese knockoff projects that use my code without crediting me. But I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Wink Meaning that there are ways to make an honest living with opensource code. For starters, respect the licenses and maybe people will also respect your coding skills.

Hello,
I quote the message above as i also want to have a clear answer from dev. I don't care about having a dev fee, but I really care about transparency...

Lol. Whenever you get the sources from SP_, then you'll get the sources from small time developers.
Activity: 92

Came to ask the same thing. If you're distributing a modified version of a GPL project, and not providing the source, you're committing license violation.

Closed source is bad enough by itself for a lot of reasons. Especially in cryptocurrencies which are open community efforts. It's even worse if you're admitting you're leeching off community code.

I'm assuming you don't feel like releasing the source because of the donation/fee percentage. Frankly, I don't have a good answer for that -- I've released some opensource code myself, and I sometimes feel I've been cheated by some Chinese knockoff projects that use my code without crediting me. But I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Wink Meaning that there are ways to make an honest living with opensource code. For starters, respect the licenses and maybe people will also respect your coding skills.

Hello,
I quote the message above as i also want to have a clear answer from dev. I don't care about having a dev fee, but I really care about transparency...
Activity: 35
So far so good, after upgraded to latest nvidia driver for cuda 9.2 requirement.
As for hashrate for my test cards:
1080ti - 3700kH/s (was 3300) PL 90% core +150 memory 0
1050ti - 800kH/s (was 700) PL 90% core +150 memory 0

TDP 60 Core 54 Mem -502
 GPU #$: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti, 3714.01 kH/s
1080ti ... 3550Kh/s @ 2025MHz on core

Nice step .. but we'd need more to keep competing with amd and lyra2z

Thanks for your job!
Marco
What about CUDA 9.1 version? Any hope?
Compiling now :-).

Edit: testing now and  it seems  slower and I see no point adding it, sry.
Activity: 211
What about CUDA 9.1 version? Any hope?
I have tried again with the instruction written in the Install file:
Code:
** How to compile on Ubuntu (16.04 LTS)

First, install Cuda toolkit and nVidia Driver, and type `nvidia-smi` to check if your card is detected.

Install dependencies
```sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev libjansson-dev automake autotools-dev build-essential```

Ubuntu is now shipped with gcc 6 or 7 so please install gcc/g++ 5 and make it the default (required by the cuda toolkit)
```
sudo apt-get install gcc-5 g++-5
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-5 1
```

Then use the helper ./build.sh in ccminer source folder, edit configure.sh and the Makefile.am if required.
```
./build.sh
./ccminer --version
```
Download:
https://nofile.io/f/VvDfyzrk8mk/coolMiner-x64L2.tar.gz

Hope it works now,

P.S: why on Linux the miner looks working on "high priority" and it's effecting the system performance?(using browser while mining... etc').

P.S.2:OMG Look at that!!

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12861/computex-2018-nvidia-live-blog-1pm-tw-5am-utc
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Activity: 38
I propose to remove the devfee from one hour to once a day or set a fixed price for the miner, BUT, the hash of 1080ti should be about 4000kh/s. How do you look at this?
Activity: 63

Regarding "Your hashrate on yiimp based pool would disappear every or so hour for few seconds to minutes. "
if it's more then few sec please check the stratum diff the miner is on, maybe it's working on high diff for few min or while working on high diff for few min the dev time comes and it's switches to dev pool and so you get the miner disappear for few min.

Hope it explains it :-).

I'm on fixed difficulty and it never happened on other 'free no devfee' miner. Thank you.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253

Pages:
Jump to: