Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [COV] Coven [33k Coins/3%POS] - page 9. (Read 32563 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
May 07, 2015, 05:36:45 AM
I hate to be that asshole but a takeover will never work for this coin.  

Yup.. I also believe it will not work. I raise my donation to 500 coins. Smiley
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
May 06, 2015, 08:26:36 PM
I hate to be that asshole but a takeover will never work for this coin.  It was a poor project to start with and now it is dead with a VERY small community of bagholders.  Even with a new dev no one new will come in and buy this now.  At the current price there are not enough coins maintain the network and proper trade volume on Bittrex, so unfortunately it is going to bleed out and be removed.  

Honestly, the time commitment required to bring this project to life is not worth the pennies you might make from saving it.  Just let it die and learn from your mistakes.

yes it is true,, coven dead, abandoned dev returning from a hangover #RIP
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
May 06, 2015, 08:09:27 PM
I hate to be that asshole but a takeover will never work for this coin.  It was a poor project to start with and now it is dead with a VERY small community of bagholders.  Even with a new dev no one new will come in and buy this now.  At the current price there are not enough coins maintain the network and proper trade volume on Bittrex, so unfortunately it is going to bleed out and be removed.  

Honestly, the time commitment required to bring this project to life is not worth the pennies you might make from saving it.  Just let it die and learn from your mistakes.

Exactly. Spoken like a true prodigy. I knew dev was incompetent from the start.
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
May 06, 2015, 07:40:41 PM

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
May 06, 2015, 06:37:21 PM
I floated the takeover idea to a couple people who I think could do it.  It's a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.  Thanks to the dev for being forthright and not just bailing without telling anyone.
Activity: 193
May 06, 2015, 12:45:19 PM
I don't have any coins to donate and I am not a dev.  I mined in the beginning, because I thought this project has promise.  I think it still does and I will support however I can.  I am sure there is a dev out there that would take this on.  I will ask around and see if I can find one.

nice one, and hopefully we might find a dev with some credibility instead of some of the nobs that have released coins recently  Grin
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2015, 12:39:55 PM
I don't have any coins to donate and I am not a dev.  I mined in the beginning, because I thought this project has promise.  I think it still does and I will support however I can.  I am sure there is a dev out there that would take this on.  I will ask around and see if I can find one.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005
May 06, 2015, 12:29:31 PM
I will donate 200 but tell me where and who will search for new dev
May 06, 2015, 12:05:20 PM
Takeover Status:

Well, I already gave up about 200 coins. Will send another 200 or 300 to someone who decide to take it over.

I'll give 100-200 as well...

I will donate for redevelopment

I will donate  100 cov for redevelopment

I pledge another 60 COV... to the next Dev.

Who else?

just so you have a figure I will donate 150
Activity: 826
see my profile
May 06, 2015, 12:03:20 PM
Reasons to dump:

• new blocks are stuttering still. But perhaps the solution was mentioned already??
  • bagholding is painful
  • takeovers sometimes do not work out
  • the future is unknown
  • there are many other coins out there

Reasons to stay:

• already at yobit and bittrex
  • block explorer exists & is paid for 1 year
  • coin is working, average block speed is ~50% of bitcoin
  • small community has formed, and the name is cool especially for a team coin
  • old dev transparently offers transfer
  • Coin Supply 33611 COV

To explain what the last point means to me:
The current marketcap of 3500 dollars says ... if COV ever enters into the Top100 on CMC (where on rank 100 is VIAcoin at the moment with $108,085) ... it could mean a 30fold increase in price. This is one of the most speculative things I have ever taken part in. Part of my fascination why I just don't want to let go.

What else?
see my profile
May 06, 2015, 11:38:21 AM
Takeover Status:

Well, I already gave up about 200 coins. Will send another 200 or 300 to someone who decide to take it over.

I'll give 100-200 as well...

I pledge another 60 COV... to the next Dev.

Who else?
(sorry if I have overlooked you. If you want to appear here, please say a number, COV or BTC)
see my profile
May 06, 2015, 11:37:42 AM

I exited in 3 days with huge profits. I knew this would happen.
Please put some of that aside, and donate it to the next team once it has formed.
see my profile
May 06, 2015, 11:29:56 AM
I have also not dumped.
Something in me tells me, this will still have a bright future.

CovenDev please keep the 60 COV that I had donated to you. Sorry to hear you are leaving.

I pledge another 60 COV (from the donations that were given to me for my work here), to the next Dev.

Who knows CoinDevs who are able to do (at least parts of) the roadmap, and fix the current issues?
Activity: 219
May 06, 2015, 09:48:02 AM
Exactly.
Coven - "a secret or close-knit group of associates"
 Shocked

do you think it's fun? how you can  assume that  a secret group associates?

anyone else?

or are we just 3 people in community?!?!?!

May 06, 2015, 09:10:03 AM
anyone else?

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
May 06, 2015, 09:03:28 AM
anyone else?

Exactly.
 Shocked

What happened to your 600 coins bro?  Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 06, 2015, 09:00:46 AM
anyone else?

Exactly.
 Shocked
legendary
May 06, 2015, 08:57:46 AM
anyone else?

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
May 06, 2015, 08:08:08 AM
Well, I already gave up about 200 coins. Will send another 200 or 300 to someone who decide to take it over. I think with small efforts people here can gather 2-3% of the currency and probably some coders will be interested in working for COV.

P.S. Will send those coins when something actually is delivered.
P.S.2. "Dev", yesterday you complained that you have only 60 coins and I doubled them. I was also thinking to send you even more, because I always like to support coins in which I somehow "invested". There is no real honor in your actions though so I want my 60 coins back so they can be used for a donation to someone who will actually work on this. My address is CQW26VoBzqZGFuJbgo4KRpwV8tfFdR5sUy

I'll give 100-200 as well...maybe add a floor we will see when I clear my head from this bombshell!
this was developing into a good community and I'm mad not just for myself but others that put trust in it!!!
We will see how this plays out!
legendary
May 06, 2015, 08:01:50 AM
i have 1400 coins

and i won't dump

who have also a lot coins?

write down and we will found a new dev?

what do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: