Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 122. (Read 826716 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
from slack just some thoughts of mine on blur.. if your wondering if you should burn this may create more questions but could be a reasonable start point to your thought processes. 

obviously people burnt BTC to get XCP (counterparty) which is exactly like burning crave for blur.  except that you get 5 blur for every crave you burn (with a small bonus for burning early up to 2.5 extra coins per burnt crave at the beginning which no one really took advantage of)  so since counterparty was based on the price of bitcoin to begin with, once its asset exchange opened and has stood on its own two feet so to say. the price of counterparty is completely independent of bitcoin.

poloniex has assets on its trading platform. you can trade the nxt asset jl777, or you can trade the bitcoin asset counterparty

the prices are independent of the overlying network they run on (also jl777hold wasnt a burn scenerio it was ipo)

so if people start using crave a lot, and like whatever asset exchange is built to use blur. then blurs price will be whatever people are willing to buy it for. likely if theres a healthy and heavily used asset exchange built off darkpool the price for blur would increase

having burnt the a crave to get 5 blur implies an initial value of 37 cents for 5 blur at current crave rates. but there is nothing to say whether the price will be higher or lower.

if poloniex added blur and there was no useable asset exchange and all you could do was move blur around the price would likely be less that 37 cents for 5 blur

its important to keep in mind the markets being designed by ICM are not going to rely on blur in any way.

darkpool blur asset exchange yet to be developed will only rely on crave as its blockchain to move around transactions. and use blur as its primary value token for issuing holding purchasing selling assets.

*edit
PS anyone can invite themselves into the slack. https://cravecoin-slack.herokuapp.com/  its slowed down like this thread a tiny bit, but im sure we will all have plenty to talk about when the next pieces of the roadmap are delivered.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
prepare urself for fudsters next week  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Come on ICM don't let SLING drop the market first. Apparently it's coming may 7th
no way dude, sling will drop market after icm open source it  Wink

Yes, from the looks of it,  seems like they're copying a lot of stuff from CRAVE.

IMO, sling seems just a clone with the intentions stemming from pump and dump groups - nothing new.  

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Come on ICM don't let SLING drop the market first. Apparently it's coming may 7th
no way dude, sling will drop market after icm open source it  Wink
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Hello, please consider voting in this poll:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-is-sub-billion-dollar-marketcap-any-indicator-of-success-3-days-only-1042097

It's an attempt to measure whether the altcoin community feels that marketcap is an indicator of success, and possibly discuss it.

I'm targeting 500+ page ANN threads, and not trying to spam everything with bumps, so please kindly don't delete this unless I've accidentally posted it more than once in your thread.
legendary
Activity: 1120
where's the 850k sats price now? lulz
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
may interest some of you guys, its from xai thread
Hello Kartaba.
the math you show between crave and drk are backwards.

1x Masternode = 576 blocks * 10% of the reward = 1036DRK/day …………… = ~1036
8x Masternodes = (576/8) blocks * 10% of the reward = 129DRK/day………...= ~1036
16x Masternodes = (576/32) blocks * 10% of the reward = 32DRK/day……….= ~1036
128x Masternodes = (576/128) blocks * 10% of the reward = 8.1DRK/day……= ~1036

that the darkcoin math above is showing is how much the network plans on spending on masternodes daily (1036DRK) and how the rewards change based on how many masternodes enter the system. if there was one masternode it would receive the entire days masternode payouts (1440/2.5 min blocks = 576 blocks per day * 10 % of reward at this hashrate = ~1036 coins per day. as more nodes are introduced this 1036 needs to be split up amongst the participants. the math shows that with 128 masternode participants, each be getting their share on average 8.1 dark per day. (8.2*128=~1036)

the crave masternode calculator is not factoring changes in the overall system like that. the calculator isn't smart enough, if you put in 10 or 100 the reward increases linearly (27 or 270) this is the calculator not the network. crave is averaging 960 blocks per day and its masternode reward is .66666666 per block so the masternodes split ~640 coins per day. according to the darkcoin math above 1 crave masternode would make 640 coins per day while 1 of 128 masternodes would recieve 5 crave per day.

these are all based on averaging and variance, I have one crave masternode which has received 38 selected payments, in the same time period another has received 8. I hope in the future the runt will preform better. the masternode system over time should reward all participants equally.

the thing you should be examining is why pay the masternodes 10% of darkcoins reward per block, or 66% of cravecoins coinbase reward per block. with darkcoin the masternodes preform the anon mixing, along with the network confirmations to allow instantx transactions possible. with POS coins instantx may not be reasonable yet due to forking. that leaves anon and any yet to be developed use cases.  

also darkcoin only allows 1 masternode per host as far as i know where as cravecoin and clones allow you to set the masternode port to whatever and run as many per system as you like. the reason darkcoin suggests highly that you are familiar with network admin and security is because most people host theirs on a VPS. also 1000 darkcoins is not a trivial ammount of $ and when your a masternode your ip is known the the network (your ip is known to the network no matter what wallet-qt you run) but in the case of knowing a masternodes ip you know there 1000 dark sitting behind that computer. Since that hard reccomendation to use VPS use security etc etc, they have implemented a way to run a "cold masternode" where your coins can be safely in an address you control on your home computer while being part of a masternode on some other server. though im not exacty sure how that works...  I guess maybe the security recommendation applies when the node is worth 3000$ where as a crave node is worth $135. since all the new masternode coins dont have to high a marketcap yet im sure the security recommendation will come back around as they encounter growing pains.

as usual always ask for best practices and follow throught best you can. if your not comfortable securing your coins in masternodes, stick to staking or .
thanks jasemoney for nice overview, mr. google said that even dash/darkcoin masternodes payment is based on luck factor so its not guaranteed you will always receive the same (8.1 dark per day) reward running them. pretty similar to crave reward system. check 5 posts down
http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/26tvv8/how_much_profit_can_i_potentially_make_setting_up/
Activity: 658
If i get some blur transferred to my wallet with lot's of addresses i use and it shows up in 0.00001 crave... Can i accidentally spent it?
I highly doubt it. The only place to use blur is in darkpoold To my knowledge. I'm not entirely sure why it sends .00001  but you can't spend blur through the normal means of the wallet.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
If i get some blur transferred to my wallet with lot's of addresses i use and it shows up in 0.00001 crave... Can i accidentally spent it?
Hope to see a good move by devs this week Cheesy

Doubt this week. Next week
Activity: 824
Hope to see a good move by devs this week Cheesy
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
. "Since Counterparty can't function without XCP, it ultimately represents the value of the network."[3] Counterparty used proof of burn to issue XCP, instead of a more traditional fund-raising technique for altcoin launches, to keep the initial distribution of funds as fair and decentralized as possible, and to avoid potential legal issues.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterparty_%28technology%29

study  sections 'Economic Implications' 'Coin-burning as a tool for transition between cryptocurrencies'
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn
http://counterparty.io/news/why-proof-of-burn/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prediction_market
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_data_vendor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_instrument

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_for_difference

Good chat going guys  Smiley
Well, to enter the blur debate.....best to think of blur as what it is indended....an asset.  Blur would be essential for all the darkpoold functionality. Betting, dividends, asset creation, selling/buying etc.. Just check the documentation on all that can be done. Now, does that mean it has value? Yes, but it is only worth what someone will pay for it. Blur is not needed for the markets or paying for an gooda therein. Let me give an example...... suppose I want to join in on this betting games of the boxing match. I wanted to bet 1000 blur. I would create that and post it. Now, someone could query the available bets see mine, want to bet but only engage in a bet of 10 blur. My understanding is that he may only bet 10 blur and my bet stands until all 1000 are bet against. If no one else bets, I have a 10 blur bet on the fight. Just one example. There becomes a plethora of uses for blur beyond normal transactions.
Activity: 824
Value & price are two different things.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Is it ok just to hold on to crave instead of burning it for blur?

Whats the gamble here in going either way?

the gamble for Mayweather vs Pacquiao
or the gamble that blur will be something you should or should not acquire now through the burn process

Crave will always be valued more than Blur
per token or marketcap.. you cant say that theres no way to know..

Crave and blur will be a kind of symbiosis, however if any exchange  open a blur/btc negotiation, it will be able to hit insane levels of price because as rarer most expensive, I believe that blur will cost a lot of more money than crave.  Smiley
legendary
Forget-about-it

or the gamble that blur will be something you should or should not acquire now through the burn process

per token or marketcap.. you cant say that theres no way to know..

I believe, and may be wrong, but BLUR is necessary for the actions of darkpoold. Ex., If I wanted to create a bet for mayweather v. paqman, I would need TWO things. I would need a feed or broadcast feed to which tie the bet to. Second, I would need BLUR to place a wager upon either side, and publish the bet. The publishing of the bet will deduct Blur from publisher, similar to transaction fees. Also a fee may be paid to the operator of the broadcast, but this is established in the bet protocol.
So, to bet, you need darkpoold and as such blur. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
legendary
Forget-about-it

Jump to: