Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes - page 8. (Read 482461 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 102
Note that our seeders are down atm due to NameCheap again stuffing up our DNS. Here are a few nodes to add in the mean time if you're starting a new wallet;

Code:

I should also note that I'm migrating our DNS away from NameCheap to avoid these issues in future. It will take up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to propagate.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Isn't CPU coins are prone to botnet attacks though? Have you guys thought about this and what will you do about this?

If you can get an really easy connection to a pool and can start mining it secretively without downloading anything and the user won't notice (as is the case with Monero), then yes, but Argon2d250 doesn't seem to satisfy this (yet, at least), The Cryptonight function can be easily implemented in Javascript.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Isn't CPU coins are prone to botnet attacks though? Have you guys thought about this and what will you do about this?
Activity: 4
CPU-Only Era maybe will come to an end,
Programmable "Future Proof" FPGA mining...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-fpga-mining-rig-for-any-algorithm-with-fast-roi-3459858

supports different Algorithms, Argon2 Not yet... but is just a matter of time.

http://zetheron.com

but $5OOOusd. each.

--------------------------------------------------

I don't think FGPA is feasible (at least profitable) just yet, judging that CRDS is only about ~$0.50 at most and Argon2d is a memory-hard algorithm. But sooner or later, sooner if CRDS has a spike in market capitalization, Bitmain would get its hands on us and start manufacturing ASICs. It even made ASICs for Ethereum and Monero, two claimed "memory-hard" and "ASIC-resistant" algorithms. But hopefully later.
Activity: 246
CPU-Only Era maybe will come to an end,
Programmable "Future Proof" FPGA mining...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-fpga-mining-rig-for-any-algorithm-with-fast-roi-3459858

supports different Algorithms, Argon2 Not yet... but is just a matter of time.

http://zetheron.com

but $5OOOusd. each.

--------------------------------------------------
I thought and came to the conclusion that, despite the very low turnover of trades per day, the price of a coin is easy to raise, because the offer of coins on the exchange is low. I'm not hinting at the potential of artificially raising the price. I just want to say that if the developers implement something unique in the project, then the people will have much more interest in the coin because the development potential is present from the very beginning.

You are 100% correct, no doubt about it. It's the same with many, many crypto's out there as well. Plenty of them have higher prices for no good reason other than lots and lots of hype without actually delivering anything at all.

Activity: 778
Merit: 141
☆☆☆☆☆★
I thought and came to the conclusion that, despite the very low turnover of trades per day, the price of a coin is easy to raise, because the offer of coins on the exchange is low. I'm not hinting at the potential of artificially raising the price. I just want to say that if the developers implement something unique in the project, then the people will have much more interest in the coin because the development potential is present from the very beginning.
Activity: 28
Great to see all the progress Credits is making. Hope more people see the potential and joining the growing community.
Issue causing task #19 in our Discord is due to a known AVX2 PoW issue - see task #11. Bounty for task #19 has been removed and there is now a bounty on task #11 which will require some investigation into the implementation of AVX2.
Been mining CRDS for a few weeks now, so I'm still new here. I like that this coin is CPU only, but what's the future of this coin other than just being another coin in the crypto world?
Future is TBD at this stage, happy to have input from the community as we are community coin.

Maybe I missed something in this thread, because I do not have so much time to read it all. But could you clarify the information that relates to this organization, since I found little needed information on the Internet about this.
Credits is a community coin, there is no organisation behind it per se. There is a team of individuals that give up our time to work on the project.
Activity: 20
Been mining CRDS for a few weeks now, so I'm still new here. I like that this coin is CPU only, but what's the future of this coin other than just being another coin in the crypto world?
☆☆☆☆☆★
The meeting went well but was just an initial discussion, the company and the MD in particular have no knowledge of blockchain technologies. That being said, he did say that if we have a specific purpose for them to work with us on (assuming they can get their collective heads around crypto), that they'd be able to sort something out in partnership with us.

Maybe I missed something in this thread, because I do not have so much time to read it all. But could you clarify the information that relates to this organization, since I found little needed information on the Internet about this.
The volume of trading per day leaves much to be desired. I thought I bought coins at the bottom, but got one more bottom as a gift. Is there news related to the development of the project?

I'm have a meeting tomorrow with the Asia Pacific MD of a multi-national software company to discuss potential uses for our network of masternodes. It's someone I've known for many years and and my aim is to come out of the meeting with a real world use-case for the Credits blockchain and particularly the masternodes.

hi now is june,, and you post created on may 29
how is the result from your meeting with the Asia Pacific MD of a multi-national software company,, can you share it here with us ?
regards

The meeting went well but was just an initial discussion, the company and the MD in particular have no knowledge of blockchain technologies. That being said, he did say that if we have a specific purpose for them to work with us on (assuming they can get their collective heads around crypto), that they'd be able to sort something out in partnership with us.

For the immediate future, we have some internal tasks to clean up before we can consider developing further, please see the #tasks channel in our Discord, and if you know of any c++ developers that would be able to help us out please see if they can help us out for a while!

It will take a little time for us to get established, but it will happen, and something great will come of it.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
The volume of trading per day leaves much to be desired. I thought I bought coins at the bottom, but got one more bottom as a gift. Is there news related to the development of the project?

I'm have a meeting tomorrow with the Asia Pacific MD of a multi-national software company to discuss potential uses for our network of masternodes. It's someone I've known for many years and and my aim is to come out of the meeting with a real world use-case for the Credits blockchain and particularly the masternodes.

how is the result from your meeting with the Asia Pacific MD of a multi-national software company,, can you share it here with us ?
regards

The team is working hard on updates and finding new partnership's, afaik the meeting went well but more work is needed.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

regards
Activity: 393
Merit: 100
We are looking to expand our team, more developers wanted!

Please see this thread for more details - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/credits-crds-is-expanding-its-team-developers-wanted-4180050

Are you coming out with exiting news soon since your are expanding your team? What are the reasons for expanding the team?
☆☆☆☆☆★

How was the meeting? Any news?  Smiley

Please see this thread for more details - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/credits-crds-is-expanding-its-team-developers-wanted-4180050

It's good that you started to expand the team. But in addition to this, the project needs more marketing, which is still not visible. This is very clearly seen, if you look at the volume of trading on the exchange - people do not have an interest in buying.  Sad

☆☆☆☆☆★
Pages:
Jump to: