Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1011. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I just joined too!  Grin

I see you rising to the top of the charts :p haha

Two GTX 660's one doing 2.24kh and the other doing 2.55kh. I'd love to mine in this smaller pool especially with you guys if it pays well enough.

Everyone else in this thread should join! Kinda like the Cudaminer official pool  Wink

I'm in. I'm sinker!
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I just joined too!  Grin

Two GTX 660's one doing 2.24kh and the other doing 2.55kh. I'd love to mine in this smaller pool especially with you guys if it pays well enough.

Everyone else in this thread should join! Kinda like the Cudaminer official pool  Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
SizzleBits
I just joined too!  Grin

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Will someone please help me find this 14-01-11 github version from the spreadsheet? I have a 640m.
Activity: 173
Maybe consider solo'ing to improve network health.

Or give yac.m-s-t.org some love.

On another note, I found an old thread which was funny when it was created, and now it's funny again for another reason.  Wink

I already like this pool, no fees Cheesy and autopayout whenever I want

I just joined too!  Grin
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
If I run Jane in a VM of Ubuntu on a windows host would this still give me windows stupid memory management?

Yes, you can't pass the gpu to virtual machine (not easily)
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
[
Everyone's opinion will differ.  I have ~7KH/sec and prefer to use a pool.  

the problem with the only stratum capable pool for yacoin (yac.coinmine.pl) is: they currently control 80-90% of the hash rate.
Essentially if that pool operator went rogue, this would destroy Yacoin.

Look at the tantrum the bitcoin community made when one pool got close to 51%.

Christian

I agree, except i'm using a new pool that does support stratum.  yac.m-s-t.org

you could also use yacp.coinmine.pl if you were concerned about the monopoly (as I am as well)
SizzleBits
If I run Jane in a VM of Ubuntu on a windows host would this still give me windows stupid memory management?
SizzleBits

CONTRIBUTOR SHARES
1      Thirtybird
2      bathrobehero
3      manofcolombia

hehe

Oh shoot! I'm being recognized on the internet! Cheesy haha
I was actually just about to check that haha.
I seem to be getting more payout than ya.pool as well. This pool does have variable diff because I went from diff: 5 to 10 in the last 30 mins of mining haha
EDIT: actually it just seems like more because rounds in this pool take much longer to complete since its such a new pool with very little hashing power at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

CONTRIBUTOR SHARES
1      Thirtybird
2      bathrobehero
3      manofcolombia

hehe
SizzleBits

On another note, I found an old thread which was funny when it was created, and now it's funny again for another reason.  Wink

legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Only putting Kekkac on the GPU would help. Considering that I have about 2 hours a day to spare, this is going to take a while.

Don't want to pressure you or anything, I was just curious because if everything works out as I planned, I'll be able to build my first mining rig and I'm not sure which way to go yet, but building a rig just for one coin doesn't seem smart.

Either way, I'm extremely grateful for everything you already did!
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Nice pool interface. This really deserves some mining love.

I average more coins there than I do on yacointalk for some reason. Maybe because of vardiff?

Is Keccak optimization planned? The reason I ask is because currently YAC is getting all the attention, but otherwise there would also be:
CacheCoin N 5
microcoin N 5
Internetcoin N 7
QQCoin  N 7
Velocitycoin N 7
Applecoin N 10
that I know of.

Only putting Kekkac on the GPU would help. Considering that I have about 2 hours a day to spare, this is going to take a while.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.

I average more coins there than I do on yacointalk for some reason. Maybe because of vardiff?

Is Keccak optimization planned? The reason I ask is because currently YAC is getting all the attention, but otherwise there would also be:
CacheCoin N 5
microcoin N 5
Internetcoin N 7
QQCoin  N 7
Velocitycoin N 7
Applecoin N 10
that I know of.
Activity: 280
cudaminer.exe  -i 1 -H 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool.coinyechain.info:3333 -O Login.Worker:x
Hi Christian. Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know, what you mean.
After auto-tuning is complete it will report a somewhat optimal "launch config", e.g. K4x8

you can then always this pass to cudaminer with the parameter for faster startup times:
-l K4x8

And in order to reduce temperatures, you could reduce the 4 or the 8 to smaller values in order
to "under-utilize" your GPU a bit. Making it run cooler at lower hash rates.

clearer now?

Christian

Yes, many thanks, I will work on that.

except that it's all Fermi cards in the picture, and they currently suck at scrypt-jane.... which I am trying to improve.

cudaminer.exe  -i 1 -H 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool.coinyechain.info:3333 -O Login.Worker:x
After auto-tuning is complete it will report a somewhat optimal "launch config", e.g. K4x8

you can then always this pass to cudaminer with the parameter for faster startup times:
-l K4x8

And in order to reduce temperatures, you could reduce the 4 or the 8 to smaller values in order
to "under-utilize" your GPU a bit. Making it run cooler at lower hash rates.

clearer now?

Christian

legendary
ICO? Not even once.

Activity: 280
I tried (1), but no changes, still overheating in a minute. Any other suggestiojn please? When i use cgminer it works, but results are looow.

you can always lower some of the settings in your launch config, so the card runs less efficiently... and generates less heat as a result.

Christian

I start it with a bat file:
I also tried -i 0 and -H0
Activity: 120
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
I am very glad I tossed the idea your way OP! Look at how much new discoveries it spurred!

I compiled the latest code with my Visual Studio 2010 on Windows. Working good, if a bit whirr with all those release builds. Pthreads.dll I had to grab from your pre-compiled one, since it gave me an error on start up. But it seems to be puttering away. I have a GTX 560Ti, could further Fermi optimizations be done to achieve at least 200 khash on scrypt? Looking towards the optimized .cl kernel for AMD cards that is floating around improving hashing speeds by 1-7%
Jump to: