Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1012. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Any chances of an update that includes back-up pools any time soon? Cheesy

currently busy with this:

Quote from: cbuchner1
I am currently trying to port Dave Anderson's code design to Fermi. I will have to replace the Kepler-specific __shfl() intrinsics with shared memory.

I gladly take code submissions for entire features Wink   In one case I have even sent a working GTX 560 graphics
card as a "thank you, now would you please take my electronic waste" gift to greece.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
CoinTweak profitability charts
Any chances of an update that includes back-up pools any time soon? Cheesy

Nice non-US plugs...now we know where you live... Wink

230 Volts for teh win!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
SizzleBits
I present the designated cases for my two purpose-built mining rigs

wooden, stackable, and highly combustible. Perfect Wink

I will cut in openings for air intake and outflow and try to secure everything nicely inplace.

It's a going to be space heating furniture objects.

Christian

Nice non-US plugs...now we know where you live... Wink
I present the designated cases for my two purpose-built mining rigs

wooden, stackable, and highly combustible. Perfect Wink

I will cut in openings for air intake and outflow and try to secure everything nicely inplace.

It's a going to be space heating furniture objects. Auto-refilling treasure chests with external power supply. Cash-cows in a box.

Christian

What a fabulous creation and render!

I think a coin that is only mineable on CUDA devices would not really find a large enough fanbase to be listed on any exchanges. Cuda isn't as sexy as a trash talking Doge or as a gay fish ("Coinye"). The Cudacoin surely would appease some (may be a lot of) miners, but miners aren't necessarily coin users who create a demand for the coin. You need a userbase that is willing to purchase the mined supply of coins.

Christian
I tried (1), but no changes, still overheating in a minute. Any other suggestiojn please? When i use cgminer it works, but results are looow.

you can always lower some of the settings in your launch config, so the card runs less efficiently... and generates less heat as a result.

Christian

I am currently trying to port Dave Anderson's code design to Fermi. I will have to replace the Kepler-specific __shfl() intrinsics with shared memory.

Hopefully there will be some love for Fermi again...  Fermi based GT 630 cards are cheap.

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
2 questions:

1) I have a NVidia 660TI, all works fine. If I run it on a machine with NVidia GT 530, it gets overheated and shuts down. Is there a setting that the graphic card get's not that much heat?

2) when i run cudaminer after I played a game, it crashes (no error message). When I reboot the machine, cudaminer works fine again. Is there a way to "reset" the graphic cardf without rebooting? Or a setting for cudaminer to reset all graphic card settings maybe?
1) Try -i 1 (interactive) or -h 0 (single threaded CPU hashing)
2) Put pause in your .bat file (on a new line). If it says nothing, probably driver issue.

[/quote]

I tried (1), but no changes, still overheating in a minute. Any other suggestiojn please? When i use cgminer it works, but results are looow.
The chances of that happening is just like.... wow!

Not that unlikely actually.

Assume you have a 1% (1/100) chance every minute to grab a block because
you hold 1% of the network's total hash rate.

Then every minute you have a 1/10000 chance to grab two consecutive blocks.
So it takes 10000 minutes on average until you grab two in a row - about a week.

And a 1/1000000 chance to grab three consecutive block. That's going to happen
about once every two years.

But I'd rather win a lottery that really pays big.

Christian

[
Everyone's opinion will differ.  I have ~7KH/sec and prefer to use a pool.  

the problem with the only stratum capable pool for yacoin (yac.coinmine.pl) is: they currently control 80-90% of the hash rate.
Essentially if that pool operator went rogue, this would destroy Yacoin.

Look at the tantrum the bitcoin community made when one pool got close to 51%.

Maybe consider solo'ing to improve network health.

Christian
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Allright, today I found two consecutive Yacoin blocks in a row.

Block 378923

Block 378924

to the Moon!

Just 160 or so more confirmations until they mature...

The chances of that happening is just like.... wow!
Congrats
Activity: 182
2 questions:

1) I have a NVidia 660TI, all works fine. If I run it on a machine with NVidia GT 530, it gets overheated and shuts down. Is there a setting that the graphic card get's not that much heat?

2) when i run cudaminer after I played a game, it crashes (no error message). When I reboot the machine, cudaminer works fine again. Is there a way to "reset" the graphic cardf without rebooting? Or a setting for cudaminer to reset all graphic card settings maybe?
1) Try -i 1 (interactive) or -h 0 (single threaded CPU hashing)
2) Put pause in your .bat file (on a new line). If it says nothing, probably driver issue.

Block 378923

Block 378924

to the Moon!

Just 160 or so more confirmations until they mature...
Well look at you Grin Congrats!

Block 378923

Block 378924

to the Moon!

Just 160 or so more confirmations until they mature... (EDIT: actually it was 360 remaining, and 160 confirmations were made at the time)

2 questions:

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Yes, that's why I will try this night and compare which is the best for me.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
0 blocks for me under 15 hours @ 4,3 kH/s.
Either you're very unlucky or something is wrong Sad

With my 3.35 KH/s is it better to solo mining or mining in pool ?
From what I've read solo would be the way to go.

Ok thanks, I will try this night...

Everyone's opinion will differ.  I have ~7KH/sec and prefer to use a pool. 
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Ok thanks, I will try this night...
Activity: 182

I have a NVidia 660TI, all works fine. If I run it on a machine with NVidia GT 530, it gets overheated and shuts down. Is there a setting that the graphic card get's not that much heat?
Jump to: