Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 709. (Read 3426922 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
This N=4 scrypt-jane is rather funny.
The card run at 90% TDP and 72°C (the limit set in MSI AB are 120% and 78°C) and I am able to overclock it at 1300MHz and possibly higher and all that on skynet mod bios.

(driver crashed at 1320MHz... )
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Just saw this...  Go get em!!
This coin will be GPU mineable in no time.

Christian

You're the man! Nvidia should pick you up haha.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
What's going on with my BTC wallet recently? Who's donating whole bitcoins?

Christian

That's what you get for being awesome  Grin  I dare say you have helped quite a few people on here create a bit of currency - myself included.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
What's going on with my BTC wallet recently? Who's donating whole bitcoins?

Christian
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
And i cant even download the files because of google drive, yay google!
that's kind of tricky, it took me 15min to find out too...
You need to left-click on "file" just below the name of the archive.
A menu should open, download near the end of the menu

lol at sarcasm, i was referring to google's "this file has been downloaded too many times, please try again in 24 hours"
and then a few minutes later i can, ooo i really do love google drive
legendary
For the moment lmao
Hopefully it doesn't relaunch. What's the launch configuration your using to launch the miner? Algorithm wise
here it is: --algo=scrypt-jane:1394480376,4,30

that's kind of tricky, it took me 15min to find out too...
You need to left-click on "file" just below the name of the archive.
A menu should open, download near the end of the menu
For the moment lmao
Hopefully it doesn't relaunch. What's the launch configuration your using to launch the miner? Algorithm wise

got it downloaded. now as a response to
with T120x24, it runs at 6.1Mhash/s

that config on my 780 gives me 76% TDP and a rubbish 4.5Mhash/s compared to your 6.1Mhash/s
i wonder why? full config is

Code:
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt-jane:1394480376,4,30 -d gtx780 -l T120x24 -i 0 -H 2 -D -o 127.0.0.1:3343 -O user:pass
Activity: 434
things are looking good - though we aren't working on cudaminer, but rather a fresh fork from the heavycoin cpuminer due to LOTS of stratum implementation differences.

We found nothing in the heavy1 hash function to effectively thwart GPU mining. A few 4-fold divergent code paths are laughable. A minor speed bump at best. Divergent recursive function calls would have been effective - but we found none.

Memory intensive algorithms such as high N factor scrypt seems much more effective at achieving the goal of limiting the GPU advantage.

Christian

What's amusing is the posts and explanations on the heavycoin thread explaining why GPU mining the coin is impossible.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I lolled when I saw they mostly use a modified cpuminer for HVC. I guessed that you were able to crack the code in no-time Smiley Currently having my i5 throwing at HVC, but I guess that my gtx760 (333khash/s scrypt) would do great at this Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Just saw this...  Go get em!!

things are looking good - though we aren't working on cudaminer, but rather a fresh fork from the heavycoin cpuminer due to LOTS of stratum implementation differences.

We found nothing in the heavy1 hash function to effectively thwart GPU mining. A few 4-fold divergent code paths are laughable. A minor speed bump at best. Divergent recursive function calls would have been effective - but we found none.

Memory intensive algorithms such as high N factor scrypt seems much more effective at achieving the goal of limiting the GPU advantage.

Christian
legendary
Auto tune is not working for me too , it gives me 6-7 mhs but never stops calculating.
I have found 9 blockes for now but I got 3 booo,s too.

I usually stop the autotune before the end... I do a control-c after 120 (as I don't believe it will find anything good after).
When you do that, cudaminer gives you the config which gave the highest hashrate

For the "boo" try -s 1 or 2 (scan time) that might help.
Activity: 676
Auto tune is not working for me too , it gives me 6-7 mhs but never stops calculating.
I have found 9 blockes for now but I got 3 booo,s too.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Using "K120x24,T120x24 -H 2 -m 1" command on Bitleu for gtx770 + 750ti and I get  3.5Mhash on 770 and 2.3Mhash on 750ti.
Shouldn't I be getting more on the 770, seeing 780ti gets to 6.1Mhash? Any advice? Thanks.
Just let autotune run, that's my best advice. This is how I found this 120x24 setting.

That's the thing, forgot to mention. Autotune just hangs there for minutes and doesn't start hashing, that's why i tried your settings Smiley
legendary
For the moment lmao
For the moment lmao
legendary
Using "K120x24,T120x24 -H 2 -m 1" command on Bitleu for gtx770 + 750ti and I get  3.5Mhash on 770 and 2.3Mhash on 750ti.
Shouldn't I be getting more on the 770, seeing 780ti gets to 6.1Mhash? Any advice? Thanks.
Just let autotune run, that's my best advice. This is how I found this 120x24 setting.
Does this coin seem very profitable right now? The 50% pre mine value put me off earlier

There is no exchange at the moment... but blocks come relatively easily so it does not hurt to try (and for the moment there is no relaunch planed...)
Activity: 177
Activity: 676
50% premine.... what a joke
might be interesting to check though to see how the cards handle N=4

same concept as Auroracoin.  Depends entirely on the honesty and capability of the devs to pull off a nation wide airdrop.

I believe more in automated airdrops implemented as a wallet feature Wink

Christian

I hope it will take off, I got one block in the first 5minutes of testing. :-)
Ok with t60x32, I was getting around 5Mhash/s
with T120x24, it runs at 6.1Mhash/s (at 87% TDP, I need to check if this could be happening with only the T kernel).

The autotune is a bit off, I think it gives (ouh 2 others blocks (3, it is too fast to follow) in the same minute) 4 times the real value (I think it was already the case on low factor MRC)

6.1 Mhash/sec for the little 750 Ti ?
It is going very close to R9 290 ! Go go green team. There is a good coder behind all of this Smiley

Can't wait for my cash this week to buy few of the 750 Ti's.
6.1 is for 780ti , 750 makes for now 2350 khs.
Does this coin seem very profitable right now? The 50% pre mine value put me off earlier
Activity: 210
50% premine.... what a joke
might be interesting to check though to see how the cards handle N=4

same concept as Auroracoin.  Depends entirely on the honesty and capability of the devs to pull off a nation wide airdrop.

I believe more in automated airdrops implemented as a wallet feature Wink

Christian

I hope it will take off, I got one block in the first 5minutes of testing. :-)
Ok with t60x32, I was getting around 5Mhash/s
with T120x24, it runs at 6.1Mhash/s (at 87% TDP, I need to check if this could be happening with only the T kernel).

The autotune is a bit off, I think it gives (ouh 2 others blocks (3, it is too fast to follow) in the same minute) 4 times the real value (I think it was already the case on low factor MRC)

6.1 Mhash/sec for the little 750 Ti ?
It is going very close to R9 290 ! Go go green team. There is a good coder behind all of this Smiley

Can't wait for my cash this week to buy few of the 750 Ti's.
Jump to: