Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 711. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
50% premine.... what a joke
might be interesting to check though to see how the cards handle N=4

same concept as Auroracoin.  Depends entirely on the honesty and capability of the devs to pull off a nation wide airdrop.

I believe more in automated airdrops implemented as a wallet feature Wink

Christian
Add somewhere at the top of main a call to timeBeginPeriod(1).
At the top of .c file in which main is defined add:
#include
#pragma comment(lib, "winmm.lib")

oooh, this is hot info. Thanks. I would probably add it in the part of code that initializes CUDA.

Christian
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Had to revert back to 334.89 drivers. 335.23 was causing freezes after waking up the monitor while running cudaminer. Hmmm....
Activity: 173
oh ya new 335.23 drivers even faster Smiley http://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/335-23-whql/

His hashrate sucks for that high of an overclock. Getting stable 330kh with a +125 +600 overclock.
I assume you are using -H 1 for this result?

Yes -H 1
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
And get them to try and fix the need for chrome lmao

so far I do not know how to achieve the same effect. Should I open a DirectX window and render a little spinning cube or what Wink

Ah, now I know: I will have to integrate flash based advertising!

Is this trick only required for windows? If so, you could try to set the time period to 1 ms. (I believe this is what flash does).
The API is: timeBeginPeriod
What this basically does is increase the (global) interrupt time of windows, which among other things allows waiting functions to be more accurate.
Windows has a default period of 15.6 ms. Meaning every WaitForX, Sleep or Timer function has no better accuracy then that.
When 1 process in the system (e.g chrome) requests a lower time period it affects all processes running on the system.  
Hence it might be boosting CudaMiner.
So if someone who gets major benefits of having chrome open and is able to compile the software would like to test this:
Add somewhere at the top of main a call to timeBeginPeriod(1).
At the top of .c file in which main is defined add:
#include
#pragma comment(lib, "winmm.lib")
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
New Scrypt Jane coin launched, you might want to throw at it some of your 750 Ti. I am curious what is the speed of these cards at the N-factor of 4.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbtl-bitleu-romanian-investment-cryptocurrency-asic-multipool-proof-510353

The mining is pretty scarce for the first months and the dev might not seem interested to dump if they will appear on some exchange. I have thrown all my red team at it.

50% premine.... what a joke
might be interesting to check though to see how the cards handle N=4
Activity: 210
New Scrypt Jane coin launched, you might want to throw at it some of your 750 Ti. I am curious what is the speed of these cards at the N-factor of 4.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbtl-bitleu-romanian-investment-cryptocurrency-asic-multipool-proof-510353

The mining is pretty scarce for the first months and the dev might not seem interested to dump if they will appear on some exchange. I have thrown all my red team at it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
There is: http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=3647

Thread on forcing p-state to stay @ 3d clocks all the time...
Yes but can it be done using code in CudaMiner? Because forcing 3D mode all the time is a waste of energy if you idle.

I honestly couldn't tell you that. But you can set a batch file to implement it, and then run another to reset to stock. Unfortunately, I don't code, so I'm not of any help there. I was just presenting some info that I thought might be relevant. It's done with Nvidia Inspector: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/nvidia_inspector.html

In case anyone is interested.

Edit: I see that Christian is already on it!  Grin

Yes but can it be done using code in CudaMiner? Because forcing 3D mode all the time is a waste of energy if you idle.

nice, if I can find source code to nvidia inspector I could even integrate this functionality in cudaminer.

EDIT: nope, it's not open source. I will try to contact the author about it.

Christian
Activity: 182

Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

Also - Official NVIDIA 334.89 WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread re: downclocking at "inconvenient" times...
https://esports.geforce.com/forums/topic/690370/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-334-89-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-2-18-14-/40
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
risers are not as fast as directly connected, so expect a drop
Activity: 676
I can confirm issue with risers . I bought 3 just ti fix my temperature issue , and put one card outside of the box. When on riser the card no mater waht clock makes max 295 khs with 1280 and 1350 mhz the same , and in the mobo it makes 310-315khs with this clock. Risers are usb3 ones.
legendary
Merit: 1000
Hello, I just installed the new 335.23 driver on my windforce 3X GTX 770, and now Cudaminer is giving the following message:
'[2014-03-11 08:58:15] Unable to query CUDA driver version! Is an nVidia driver installed?'
I use the newest version of Cudaminer given, in combination with CUDA manager (version 1.2.1). If I try to run the miner outside of manager, it starts and then rapidly disappears. My set-up is as following:

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB : 2 x 8 GB
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB
Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB
Thermalright Macho Rev.A
Intel Core i7 4770K / 3.5 GHz
Asus B85-PLUS
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC Windforce 3X
Windows 7 (completely up to date)

Edit: When I use the rollback function to get back to my previous driver, the error keeps persisting.

Edit 2: Performing a clean install as we speak.

Edit 3: The clean install did not resolve the issue, I did it twice to be sure, but the problems still persists.

I got the same message.

I just rebooted the machine and all was fine.

But I take it since you did a clean install you rebooted.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

I've been looking into the newly released HeavyCoin, which uses 4 well known hash functions
(SHA-256, Keccak-512, Grøestl-512, BLAKE-512) plus a new one called HEFTY1

They claim it's CPU only, which I might actually put to the test.

Christin

Just saw this...  Go get em!!
Activity: 182
The strange thing is the TDP which is well below 100% while running and the gpu usage is around 97%

a TDP use below 100% is suspicious for a compute bound algorithm

does it mean we have untapped reserves in the code?  I guess I need to pick up my red telephone to my nVidia performance engineers again ;-)

Christian
Perhaps this is (once again) a PCI bandwidth issue?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
The strange thing is the TDP which is well below 100% while running and the gpu usage is around 97%

does it mean we have untapped reserves in the code?  I guess I need to pick up my red telephone to my nVidia performance engineers again ;-)

Christian

yay!!! Cheesy

Christian

How do you turn-on the temp monitoring ? I didn't see it.

not yet committed, but I have a patch waiting that can be integrated in no time.

I am at work now, so this has to wait a little.

Christian
legendary
Merit: 1050
ok I ran a bit with the blake algo. Now it works.
The 780ti is able to reach at T2880x32 975~980Mhash/s overclocked around 950Mhash/s on stock setting.

How do you turn-on the temp monitoring ? I didn't see it.

On an other matter, I bought a new USB riser. With the previous I had lots of crash and freeze and with the new I haven't got one since I installed it.
Apparently the problem was due to some readout problem. I saw before a crash that MSI Afterburner was reporting a
temperature of 184°C (causing I suppose a panic crash...) while the card was running at 70°C strangely this was not seen
in the HWinfo log file... (VRM temps was ok too...)
So basically over 10 risers you should expect to have a few bad ones...
Jump to: