Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 767. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hey, anyone have an idea what's wrong here, I'm trying to mine vertcoin with new cudaminer and changed my .bat to this:
.\cudaminer-2014-02-18\x64\cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -l K16x16 -o stratum+tcp://...etc

The miner starts but I'm getting "result does not validate on CPU". I'm mining on a gtx770. Thanks
run autotune to find a more suitable config
(however with vertcoin I always get once in a while a "result does not validate on CPU")

Thanks. Yes, autotune pulled up K8x24 and is getting me about 160Kh/s, which I assume is pretty decent, given that 350-ish on regular scrypt coins has been typical.
xty
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I am getting only 48Khash/s on GeForce GT740M. Why is it so slow?
Activity: 29
So windows is the only way to go?
Does people who have 12rigs have 12licenses to windows?  Roll Eyes
There aren't any other os that can oc?
So cudaMiner can't OC like cgminer can?

cudaminer is lacking quite a lot of features that cgminer offers. Failover, monitoring APIs, overclocking

some of this is on my TODO list.
Sweet those features would be awesome.!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
It seems that people here are asking about different coins and their compatibility wit cudaMiner.
Isn't cudaMiner Scrypt-based, so that it could be used with multipool etc.? Just a check before
I run into store and buy my card.
well it seems that people are not reading what posted in this thread...
It runs on script, script-jane, sha-512 (? the one used for maxcoin)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Hey, anyone have an idea what's wrong here, I'm trying to mine vertcoin with new cudaminer and changed my .bat to this:
.\cudaminer-2014-02-18\x64\cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -l K16x16 -o stratum+tcp://...etc

The miner starts but I'm getting "result does not validate on CPU". I'm mining on a gtx770. Thanks
run autotune to find a more suitable config
(however with vertcoin I always get once in a while a "result does not validate on CPU")
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
It seems that people here are asking about different coins and their compatibility wit cudaMiner.
Isn't cudaMiner Scrypt-based, so that it could be used with multipool etc.? Just a check before
I run into store and buy my card.
Activity: 103
Cuda Manager on Windows provides some features that cudaminer is currently lacking.

does cuda manager work on ultracoin?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Cuda Manager on Windows provides some features that cudaminer is currently lacking.
Does people who have 12rigs have 12licenses to windows?  Roll Eyes

cudaminer is lacking quite a lot of features that cgminer offers. Failover, monitoring APIs, overclocking

So it is fair to say that if the failover isn't in the feature-list this nVidia can't compete with AMD

Is a batch file or script able to do failover?

not in all cases. There is an open ticket in github where cudaminer will not terminate when unable to contact a pool. Some multithreading deadlock situation.
Activity: 24

So it is fair to say that if the failover isn't in the feature-list this nVidia can't compete with AMD

Is a batch file or script able to do failover?
how many here have used miningpool.co?
Anyone recommends them?

Update: It turns out they have a 2% fee for mintcoin

"NOBODYS GOT TIME FOR THAT"   Smiley

Activity: 24
How easy/hard it is to install cudaMiner to usb-stick-BAMT?
Is it even do-able? Are there any step-by-step guides to it?

it boils down to this: how hard is it to install the nVidia driver on Linux? Wink

but then Linux has no OC tools for nVidia due to lack of NVAPI on Linux. It is quite unexciting to run a 750Ti on stock clocks.
Unless you are a good VBIOS modder, don't go that route.

Christian

What if you buy cards with high OC like EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW?

Core Clock    1189MHz

Boost Clock    1268MHz

I guess you still need to flash bios to overclock memory. Why didn't they use 6GHz memory as stock if all cards are capable?

it boils down to this: how hard is it to install the nVidia driver on Linux? Wink

but then Linux has no OC tools for nVidia due to lack of NVAPI on Linux. It is quite unexciting to run a 750Ti on stock clocks.
Unless you are a good VBIOS modder, don't go that route.

Christian
Am thinking of limiting the gpu usage to 90% Since am noticing some lag in the os response (CPU Usage:2%).
I use the pc for surfing and watching movies online and offline. I turn cudaminer off when I game.

-i 1  and a small kernel launch configuration will work. usually autotune will only find small configurations
while tuning with the -i 1 flag.

this "interactive mode" is enough for watching a video, but probably not for gaming, unless you're
thinking Solitaire or a flash game in a browser.

Christian

Thanks
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I can't believe this little 750Ti at $150 can outperform a GTX 670 at $400...
At a much much lower cost/watt!
And my GTX 780 barely gets over the 750Ti too! :/ (4.44khash/s YAC)
Jump to: