Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 769. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Was neglecting my MRC mining and logged into to poloniex to check and realized that prices went wayyyy up and I had 3 ltc sitting in there waiting for me Smiley
...I'm just ready for these damn ltc prices to go up again....

why did the MRC/LTC market on poloniex go up, but the market MRC/BTC on mintPal stayed exactly flat?

Christian
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
So we're talking about 100+W at hashing?

Keep in mind that I was using the -H 1 switch, and my 4.7Ghz overclocked 3930K isn't exactly a power miser  Wink  Grin
Oh, good point! How much power is it then with -H 2, with the card overclocked and not?

I'll run the tests again with the card in my system later on tonight, it's currently on a riser so it wouldn't be the same. Debating flashing the BIOS on the card...  

69charger, which card do you have that is crashing at 341?

MSI 750ti TF Gaming. No 6 pin.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127783
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Keep in mind that I was using the -H 1 switch, and my 4.7Ghz overclocked 3930K isn't exactly a power miser  Wink  Grin
Oh, good point! How much power is it then with -H 2, with the card overclocked and not?

I'll run the tests again with the card in my system later on tonight, it's currently on a riser so it wouldn't be the same. Debating flashing the BIOS on the card... 

69charger, which card do you have that is crashing at 341?
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

Keep in mind that I was using the -H 1 switch, and my 4.7Ghz overclocked 3930K isn't exactly a power miser  Wink  Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
SizzleBits
Was neglecting my MRC mining and logged into to poloniex to check and realized that prices went wayyyy up and I had 3 ltc sitting in there waiting for me Smiley
...I'm just ready for these damn ltc prices to go up again....

I was going to try this to see how much of a jump I would get but I am not a dos person so when it came to running the nvflash I had to stop. Just don't know the commands.

LOVE IT!! Getting 337kh stable. 341kh gave me BSOD.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I was going to try this to see how much of a jump I would get but I am not a dos person so when it came to running the nvflash I had to stop. Just don't know the commands.
Activity: 16
I have a 750 Ti FTW at 1363mhz core (+40) and 1600mhz memory (+500) with these results:

330 K/hs scrypt (-H 1 -l T5x24)
37w idle
120w load

The other components are: 450w gold, G1610, Asrock extreme4, 2x 4gb 1.5v, 80gb ssd, gigabit link, usb bt m/kb, on 120v.

I can also confirm the bios has a built in 35% power limit increase like advertised. It shows a 52w "TDP" value instead of the default 38.5w. With this +35%, the card is more voltage cap limited than power limited. I haven't been able to get 1.2v modded like StayPuftOCN did with his Asus card. My 750 Ti FTW uses 1.15 volts and it isn't 1.4ghz 3d stable.  Cry

Arrrgh. This sucks. Can't get GPU-Z to pull my BIOS image off my card. Keeps crashing the program.
Do it in dos with the provided nvflash.exe. Worked for my 750 ti ftw, which doesn't really need more power limit though since it's vOP (operating voltage) limited in all cases as is.

Arrrgh. This sucks. Can't get GPU-Z to pull my BIOS image off my card. Keeps crashing the program.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
340 kHash/s - for real? This is amazing.

If you find some BIOS mod allowing you to go above 100% TDP this might become even better.

You've been posting great information here. Keep it coming. ;-)

Christian

Yes, with a -H 2 instead of the -H 1 I get ~320 khash with the card on riser, a fair trade off considering when it's in the case it makes my 780Ti temps spike in to the 80's!

I did test scrypt-jane power consumption when I did my earlier testing, sorry I didn't post it..

System idle 183 watts

Hashing at default clock - 294 watts

Overclocked hashing scrypt - 319 watts  (340khash)

Overclocked hashing scrypt-jane:YAC  - 274 watts (~3.5hkash)

sorry didn't test power on default clock for jane.

And yes, i was thinking once some proper bios mods get out there, I think we can get more out of these 750's.

It was this card :
The FTW version with the ACX cooler and 6-pin power

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Christian, question: how much system ram do I need for a 4-6 gtx750ti yacoin/protoshares/ultracoin/vertcoin/maxcoin rig?

It seems like in Windows at least, I get lower performance on rigs with 4gb vs an 8gb equipped rig when mining protoshares. Guessing yacoin is even worse?

Thanks in advance.

I always build them with 4 Gigs RAM. I have only tested Ubuntu 12.4 Linux so far.

Christian
Activity: 4
Can you try with Ultracoin and Maxcoin pls, im going to buil some rigs with msi 750ti.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
yes i used msi and nvidia inspector , but they will not let me go to 1370mhz
what software do you use for overclock?

That was the stock EVGA Precision utility that comes with EVGA cards.  I can also use MSI's Afterburner as well with the EVGA cards, both have there advantages/disadvantages.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
It's a 1x to 16x powered riser, this one:

An yes.. I too and seeing a real delay with BTER deposits as well.

what was your command line when launching cudaminer with the risered card? if you've been using -H 1, try switching to -H 2.
Maybe the x1 bus connection was beginning to limit the hashing speed, so the benefits of any additional overclock were lost.

Christian

I will try that.. It was  -d 1 -m 1 -l T5x24 -i 0 -H 1

I replaced it back in the system for now to get some power measurements, I will retry with

System idle 183 watts

Overclocked hashing - 319 watts
Speeds were 1371 GPU /3477 Mem - pictured below

what software do you use for overclock?
340 kHash/s - for real? This is amazing.

If you find some BIOS mod allowing you to go above 100% TDP this might become even better.

You've been posting great information here. Keep it coming. ;-)

Christian

Yes, with a -H 2 instead of the -H 1 I get ~320 khash with the card on riser, a fair trade off considering when it's in the case it makes my 780Ti temps spike in to the 80's!

I did test scrypt-jane power consumption when I did my earlier testing, sorry I didn't post it..

System idle 183 watts

Overclocked hashing scrypt - 319 watts  (340khash)

Overclocked hashing scrypt-jane:YAC  - 274 watts (~3.5hkash)

sorry didn't test power on default clock for jane.

And yes, i was thinking once some proper bios mods get out there, I think we can get more out of these 750's.

It was this card :
The FTW version with the ACX cooler and 6-pin power

https://i.imgur.com/8UzhcbG.jpg

Activity: 26
Well, looks like my PANDA are worthless, now. Trading at 5.  Huh

When are the next Maxwell cards due? Also, wonder if Nvidia will hold off until late summer and ride the 750 Ti wave. Looks like prices are already rising due to demand.
Jump to: