Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 772. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 254
But what will you do in the summer when the big guns come out? ;-) amd are planning heavy miner gpus. What do you think nvidia is going for with such low power overheads for such a low price :-)

Likely spending the rest of my mini-MAX coin "fortune" lol. Already building 2 6*7950 rigs and just researching what I'd like to do with an Nvidia rig. The new Maxwells are tempting with a ~90 break even and low initial cost.

Also, I doubt AMD has something lined up unless it is very specific to the mining market separate from their GPUs. The R9 290X is already based on their new architecture Hawaii and is very power hungry and hot, so they'll need another approach before they release more, lol.
AMD has of course a card lined up against the 750Ti, the R7-265. How effective it will be, remains to be seen.

I actually stopped by here due to this article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/02/20/nvidia-is-about-to-steal-the-cryptocurrency-mining-crown-from-amd/

It has a blurb about the r7-265 comparison, similar hashrate 150 watts for the r7-265 and 60 watts for the 750TI.

Anyway I wanted to hear some other's input, thinking of order 6 right now from New Egg to build a test rig, but want to confirm the math.  Supposedly 280 kHash slightly OC at 60 watts, heck even a 6 card rig would only need a 500 watt PS, would be saving all around if true.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Should Fermi device owners still be using the 12-18 revision or has everything been fixed yet

Going to ask again since more versions have been released and I didn't get any love last time (or at least I think I didn't). Is there a way to make btctalk to email you when you get quoted/replied to?
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
But what will you do in the summer when the big guns come out? ;-) amd are planning heavy miner gpus. What do you think nvidia is going for with such low power overheads for such a low price :-)

Likely spending the rest of my mini-MAX coin "fortune" lol. Already building 2 6*7950 rigs and just researching what I'd like to do with an Nvidia rig. The new Maxwells are tempting with a ~90 break even and low initial cost.

Also, I doubt AMD has something lined up unless it is very specific to the mining market separate from their GPUs. The R9 290X is already based on their new architecture Hawaii and is very power hungry and hot, so they'll need another approach before they release more, lol.
AMD has of course a card lined up against the 750Ti, the R7-265. How effective it will be, remains to be seen.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Was looking into qq coin as they have modified their nfactor change. looks like it Will hit yacoin nfactor rates in july. Its on nfactor 11 a of the 21st. Looks to be a good coin to mine with the increasing nfactor Rates.

N-factor 11 at 1393012196 is 02/21/2014 7:49pm GMT. 512 kb
N-factor 12 at 1396157924 is 03/30/2014 5:38am GMT. 1024 kb
N-factor 13 at 1400352228 is 05/17/2014 6:43pm GMT. 2048 kb
N-factor 14 at 1404546532 is 07/05/2014 7:48am GMT. 4096 kb

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qqcoin-scrypt-jane-asic-resistant-n-factor-multipool-resistant-389238

Hey, you thief ! Smiley That's my post Smiley

lol my bad, i just copy pasted it. it made my qq coin purchase of 15k coins alot more appealing.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I'm not the type to pile on but bter is also that exchange that was notorious for holding onto large sums of inbound VTC just for long enough to see their value tank. I had 132 VTC trapped in a black hole for about 24 hours where the transaction was confirmed well above 6 times and yet the site just didn't admit it ever happened. Now, it's happening for yacoin. Do you believe in mass coincidences?

Sadly cryptsy does the same thing, they say they "add more servers" to fix that sort of thing or that it's just waiting for network confirmations but I call it a scam. Happened with doge I only got my coins after the price crashed once. Took like 6 hours to get my deposit there.

I think that markets in some exchanges are heavily manipulated. That's why some coins will be going so high, as there is no supply and the market will increase artificially.

Finally I see my 1500 yacoin in bter.com now !
Glad to see this.
Hopefully I can withdraw the BTC though.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Was looking into qq coin as they have modified their nfactor change. looks like it Will hit yacoin nfactor rates in july. Its on nfactor 11 a of the 21st. Looks to be a good coin to mine with the increasing nfactor Rates.

N-factor 11 at 1393012196 is 02/21/2014 7:49pm GMT. 512 kb
N-factor 12 at 1396157924 is 03/30/2014 5:38am GMT. 1024 kb
N-factor 13 at 1400352228 is 05/17/2014 6:43pm GMT. 2048 kb
N-factor 14 at 1404546532 is 07/05/2014 7:48am GMT. 4096 kb

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qqcoin-scrypt-jane-asic-resistant-n-factor-multipool-resistant-389238

Hey, you thief ! Smiley That's my post Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

You mean nvidia?
Activity: 350
I know the guy pretty well, been a user for a year now.
He didn't like the idea when I presented it to him. He goes after stuff with way more volume and/or innovative algorithms that he finds cool. (like copperlark's keccak or primecoin, yet when I asked about yac he dismissed it quickly Sad)

Might simply be due to the fact that it has been out for almost a year and only recently begun to be popular.

Anyway not meaning to hijack the thread, lol.

I am seriously considering building a 6-7 card GTX 750 Ti machine... the cost is remarkably low and has a break even almost a month sooner then a brand new 7950*6 build lol.
The only exchange i get quick deposits/withdraws on is mcxnow..  but it has it's own issues.  Foremost being that their coin selection is pretty poor.

MCXNow is adding DOGE sometime this week, not sure when though.

Man, wish they would just go ahead and add yacoin but it's not likely to happen. That would rock so bad! :p
Just log in and talk @RealSolid. He's on pretty often and the primary developer for them Smiley

He gets a lot of requests though so I'm not sure when or if he would be interested.

I know the guy pretty well, been a user for a year now.
He didn't like the idea when I presented it to him. He goes after stuff with way more volume and/or innovative algorithms that he finds cool. (like copperlark's keccak or primecoin, yet when I asked about yac he dismissed it quickly Sad)
The only exchange i get quick deposits/withdraws on is mcxnow..  but it has it's own issues.  Foremost being that their coin selection is pretty poor.

Man, wish they would just go ahead and add yacoin but it's not likely to happen. That would rock so bad! :p
Just log in and talk @RealSolid. He's on pretty often and the primary developer for them Smiley

He gets a lot of requests though so I'm not sure when or if he would be interested.

Activity: 68
BTER, didn't have problems with YAC. Did with Doge. They ignored me, Doge never showed up.
So, sold my YAC and not looking back. With I could remove my account.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Took a few days off and the world goes to hell...

...I mean

Scrypt profit margin is down again alot, 40 pages of new posts in this thread, whats best to aim our NV's at right now?

Panda shitstorm yadda yadda x2

Howto profit NV .-.?

It was a f'in PANDANADO.

is it viable to solo UTC?

Solo UTC, maybe if you have lots of hash, you probably could, I wouldn't want to with my limited amount of hash.
btw you have a GT 750m right? Do you know what your best config for UTC was? I've used k2x32, k4x32, and k6x32 so far, and they all have nearly the same rate(about 41 kh/s), have you or anyone else gotten any better?

Also whats better right now yac or utc?
Activity: 106
My YAC are now on bter in full sum.
Activity: 280
I'm not the type to pile on but bter is also that exchange that was notorious for holding onto large sums of inbound VTC just for long enough to see their value tank. I had 132 VTC trapped in a black hole for about 24 hours where the transaction was confirmed well above 6 times and yet the site just didn't admit it ever happened. Now, it's happening for yacoin. Do you believe in mass coincidences?

Sadly cryptsy does the same thing, they say they "add more servers" to fix that sort of thing or that it's just waiting for network confirmations but I call it a scam. Happened with doge I only got my coins after the price crashed once. Took like 6 hours to get my deposit there.
Activity: 476
does anyone having working nodes for the yacoin wallet? i cannot get mine to sync at all. i asked on the yacoin thread but figured i might get a faster response here
Jump to: