Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 799. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Whats your take on Vertcoin and will you plan on releasing a special version like you did for Max? Big fan of your Miners, they have been giving me 150%+ on my Nvidia Cards.

/Hi-Five,
redrip

Use --algo=scrypt:2048 to mine Vertcoin with any of the 2014 binaries. (You'll have to do another autotune, or cut your kernel parameters in half from what you'd typically use with scrypt)
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I ran cudaminer on autotune and i want to know what configuration it is running on, beacuse it has been  running perfect am not sure if it is the launch config or it could be that I turned off my pc for a few hours after runing the cudaminer for three days straight. In cudaminer app I scroll up but it have already ran enough that you can't scroll up to see the launch configuration. Is there another solution?Huh Please
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
500k TTC and I'm back to YAC  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
speaking of vertcoin (so that should also answer the "long post"), p2pool have apparently fixed their problem, and it is possible to get payout every block now even if you don't have a 10Mhash/sec system...
However the fraction of stale can be high (at some point I was getting around 30% stale... apparently increasing the difficulty seems to have solved the problem)

Actually the payout is also ten times smaller  Grin
Activity: 182
You had to quote the whole first post for no appearant reason Huh
Activity: 12
Activity: 34
If you're on a mac, you might want to try the version 331 beta drivers (unreleased, probably waiting for 10.9.2) with CUDA 6. http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,8369.0.html
Direct link: http://us.download.nvidia.com/dMfCTEwWd5bvEIglG4b8ya6U4erhZeeC/WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

I haven't installed them yet as they don't work with CUDA 5.5, though you can move a single library from 331 to the old driver to get the gk110b fix and maintain CUDA functionality.

I plan to do the install this weekend as I have a 4k monitor arriving today or tomorrow and I'll need the drivers for 60hz refresh. Glad to see CUDA 6 is moving along, I'm going to see if I can find a copy to test with 331.
Activity: 182
I should've solo mined microCoin, according to the pool I found 2 blocks already, while the pool is at 147k reward Sad
Activity: 29
cudaminer-2014-02-09.zip [32+64bit version] (7.1 MB) more stratum fixes for Maxcoin (fixes the boo's!)
SHA256 sum: ef37c97562d98cb95a7a243d8bb378250d9f067b62db239435e6a9975a83a3b8

^^ how is that looking for mining pandacoin?
Activity: 70

Using CUDA 6.0 with my GeForce GT 650M (1024MB) on OS X (MacBook) seems to have reduced my performance.  Any suggestions on other configuration options that might work better with 6.0?

Thanks!

Burn it, burn it with fire! Not the Macbook. CUDA 6.0!

I baked a Macbook Pro in the oven once (PCB only)... the Geforce 8400M issue (defective nVidia chip). Afterwards it worked for 2 more months Wink

Christian

Yay for reflow!

Did similar for a red ringed XBox rev 1 Smiley
Activity: 53

Using CUDA 6.0 with my GeForce GT 650M (1024MB) on OS X (MacBook) seems to have reduced my performance.  Any suggestions on other configuration options that might work better with 6.0?

Thanks!

I bake a Macbook Pro in the oven once (PCB only)... the Geforce 8400M issue (defective nVidia chip). Afterwards it worked for 2 more months Wink

Christian

With the performance decrease, the temperature of the GPU is also decreased.  So, there is at least that, LOL.

Went back to 5.5, back to 70+ Kh/s. 
3 ASUS ROG MARS cards are ordered. This should be close to 20 kHash/s YAC mining power - all on one mainboard.

I'm curious to see what your results will be with those as I'm currently experimenting with Yacoin and GTX760's (one 2gb and one 4gb). I'm one bad decision away from dropping some cash and putting a proper rig together.

I have 6 slots...should be able to run 6 r7 240s on my board. But yeah, those Mars look amazing!

They should use CudaMiner performance in their marketing specs: http://promos.asus.com/us/ROG/MARS760/

;-)
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
3 ASUS ROG MARS cards are ordered. This should be close to 20 kHash/s YAC mining power - all on one mainboard.

I'm curious to see what your results will be with those as I'm currently experimenting with Yacoin and GTX760's (one 2gb and one 4gb). I'm one bad decision away from dropping some cash and putting a proper rig together.

I have 6 slots...should be able to run 6 r7 240s on my board. But yeah, those Mars look amazing!
Activity: 7

Activity: 112

Using CUDA 6.0 with my GeForce GT 650M (1024MB) on OS X (MacBook) seems to have reduced my performance.  Any suggestions on other configuration options that might work better with 6.0?

Thanks!

I baked a Macbook Pro in the oven once (PCB only)... the Geforce 8400M issue (defective nVidia chip). Afterwards it worked for 2 more months Wink

Christian

lol

Using CUDA 6.0 with my GeForce GT 650M (1024MB) on OS X (MacBook) seems to have reduced my performance.  Any suggestions on other configuration options that might work better with 6.0?

Thanks!

I bake a Macbook Pro in the oven once (PCB only)... the Geforce 8400M issue (defective nVidia chip). Afterwards it worked for 2 more months Wink

Christian

With the performance decrease, the temperature of the GPU is also decreased.  So, there is at least that, LOL.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CUDA 6.0 might need adjusting or tweaking and it's not an official release yet just an RC for people to look at and devs to develop on, there may be issue or adjustments to software needed

Well, an RC is pretty much the finished version and only put out to make sure that there's no major flaw creeping into the release.
There was a preview version that was handed out last year under an early access program (around 2-3 months ago)

I am not very positive that these performance issues will be addressed before general release.

Christian
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Thanks!

Christian
Activity: 70
These boxes aren't called troll boxes for no reason!

CUDA 6.0 RC is available. You have to be a registered developer though
https://developer.nvidia.com/user

compile cudaminer and compare results. the T kernel for keccak might be interesting to check out.
In CUDA 5.5 it gives a rather shocking performance.

Christian

Using CUDA 6.0 with my GeForce GT 650M (1024MB) on OS X (MacBook) seems to have reduced my performance.  With 5.5 I was seeing 70 - 75 Kh/s.  With 6.0 I am seeing 45 - 50 Kh/s. 

With both versions I have been using K4x32 as my configuration.  Any suggestions on other configuration options that might work better with 6.0?

Thanks!

CUDA 6.0 might need adjusting or tweaking and it's not an official release yet just an RC for people to look at and devs to develop on, there may be issue or adjustments to software needed
Jump to: