Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 836. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
At the risk of sounding like too much like a noob, is there a great tutorial to show me the way to compile windows binaries off of the git? I'd like to clear up some of these Boo's. I'm about 80% efficient using two GTX 780's on smalltimeminer. Thank you Christian for all the hard work. I'm also having to run two instances of cudaminer.

edit: In case anyone wants to know Cheesy

Quite easy:
Get Visual Studio Pro 2010 (Trial if you must)
Get Cuda SDK 5.5
Get the source code from github (google cudaminer)
Exctract source code in it's own folder
Get libraries from first post by Christian (almost 50mb)
Extract libraries to the same folder that the source code folder is in, so not to the source code folder but one up.
Open the .sln file in the source code with Visual Studio.
Select which version you want to compile, and compile it
Oh come on, atleast credit me ¬¬

u srs m8? your post is right after mine. I CREDIT THEE SIR

Cheesy

It really was you who tipped me off. I edited my post because of this 5 minute post limitation. Thank yoU!
Activity: 7
 Got 5 blocks solo mining day 1 with two GTX 670... featuring 230 MH/s. Now my 4x R9 280X can go up to 1.3 GH/s, done with CUDAMiner, was a great day ! Thanks to the dev !
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
At the risk of sounding like too much like a noob, is there a great tutorial to show me the way to compile windows binaries off of the git? I'd like to clear up some of these Boo's. I'm about 80% efficient using two GTX 780's on smalltimeminer. Thank you Christian for all the hard work. I'm also having to run two instances of cudaminer.

Quite easy:
Get Cuda SDK 5.5
Extract libraries to the same folder that the source code folder is in, so not to the source code folder but one up.
Oh come on, atleast credit me ¬¬
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Is there a cgwatcher equivalent for CudaMiner? (I noticed CudaMiner doesn't have --api-allow).

I'd like something to detect when CudaMiner goes into this nuttiness and reboot it:

GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 2099251 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 14286062 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 0.00 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 2099251 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 14300034 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 2105574 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 14252604 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 2095057 khash/s
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 650, 14542391 khash/s
Activity: 4
can anyone share a Gtx Titan settings for maxcoin please ?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

Quite easy:
Get Cuda SDK 5.5
You also need the source code for several packages (open-ssl, libcurl and some others, you can find the list in cudaminer.vcxproj (external dependencies and include files)) precompiled for windows).
Once you get all that you can compile.  
At the risk of sounding like too much like a noob, is there a great tutorial to show me the way to compile windows binaries off of the git? I'd like to clear up some of these Boo's. I'm about 80% efficient using two GTX 780's on smalltimeminer. Thank you Christian for all the hard work
Page 130 Smiley

wow, in this thread this is way back, like in the middle ages...
Well, we've grown big since that time Smiley
And some people finally recognize cudaminer as a valid way to mine with NVidia, so lot of new people all the time.

Edit:
Bitcoins should stop dropping ¬¬
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
At the risk of sounding like too much like a noob, is there a great tutorial to show me the way to compile windows binaries off of the git? I'd like to clear up some of these Boo's. I'm about 80% efficient using two GTX 780's on smalltimeminer. Thank you Christian for all the hard work
Page 130 Smiley

wow, in this thread this is way back, like in the middle ages...
Page 130 Smiley

Quite easy:
Get Cuda SDK 5.5
guys help please..... i am running a win 32 bit system, downloading cudaminer 32/64, extract the files, and only see x64 or x84 and no 32bit. when i try run anything it fails. how do i set up a 32bit miner please?

x86 is 32bit. The name comes from Intel's 386, 486, ... Processors
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
guys help please..... i am running a win 32 bit system, downloading cudaminer 32/64, extract the files, and only see x64 or x84 and no 32bit. when i try run anything it fails. how do i set up a 32bit miner please?
reading you guys getting at each others I sometimes wonder how old you are....
that's probably because i'm older though.

Don't waste time answering to what you don't like and focus on what you do (like) Wink

i am 39 and asshole chubner1 is *turning 40

take your own advice i quoted ?

and that other fucktard did not notice the other stuff i said i added (more than just colors)
and that guy chubner1 is the one who has been an asshole to me since day one like 8 months ago !
most of you noobs don't know fuck all anyway you just got here so like i give a shit what you think lol

and this applies to ALL of you little brats..

LEARN TO SAY THANK YOU ungrateful pricks

edit:
And to the other guy bitching about cuda 5.0..
i already said numerous time it makes no diff for speed for me and my Fermi card at all vs 5.5 (i keep saying i have no Kepler card too)
and i said clearly many times that i had problems compiling the same code with 5.5
so no it is obviously NOT backwards compatible..
I can code can you ?
anymore lectures ?

Golden rule. You act like you are suprised
Activity: 28
Just to say, 7950 is getting 380Mhash/s as I have one running. If anyone doesnt know why the dif has shot up

yes we all know why we hate AMD.

yeah but we got a well paid headstart thanks to this guy:)
the cpu usage shouldn't be so high.
This is true, my rates have lowered a small bit though...

Edit:
The T kernel goes mad.
Just to say, 7950 is getting 380Mhash/s as I have one running. If anyone doesnt know why the dif has shot up

yes we all know why we hate AMD.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
getting 113 mh/s steady on my GTX 780 with cgminer 3.6.6.  100% shares accepted. max.hashfaster.com

nice going with the stratum there, but Cudaminer would do 160 MHash on the GTX 780.
I compiled latest GitHub, still a few boooos and 99% gpu usage and 90%tdp, any protips?

the cpu usage shouldn't be so high.

I think I found the reason for CPU validation errors.

I am missing the stream specification in my cudaMemcpyAsync, which may make the memcpy execute at the wrong times.

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Any p2p pools out there?

PS. 301 pages, oh lord.
Jump to: