Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 109. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Still no reason to buy cure coin..
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 292
Merit: 250

I haven't had time to be very active on the forums lately but this is a rather interesting development.  Obviously someone thinks CureCoin is a pretty good idea if they are trying to clone it.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Overall the mechanics are ok, my point remain that I still struggle that on days when the stat server is down 200kPPD makes around 1000 coins which is much more compared to regular days, when stat server are up. It has a quite a gamble character. And whenever the stat server comes back the ratio is much worse.

FAH has the concept of equal points for equal scientific work (letting the discussion another that out of here). I think a similar concept should be build in the coin allocation; a pro rata allocation based in valid hours for stats update. No official stat updates, for all users, no coins.

As for the stat servers:
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=18&t=26191&start=90#p266974

Ah true, not sure if you were in IRC when we discussed this. The plan for the future is, when stats stop updating properly, payouts will stop, and then will credit everyone for the time missed when they come back online.

Missed that. Great. That's how it should be and brings a higher level of fairness in the allocation. "Case closed"

Keep folding (I'm still switching teams, busy folding life  Roll Eyes

Cheers, folding anywhere still has the same scientific benefit, even if crypto isn't involved Smiley
Activity: 71
Overall the mechanics are ok, my point remain that I still struggle that on days when the stat server is down 200kPPD makes around 1000 coins which is much more compared to regular days, when stat server are up. It has a quite a gamble character. And whenever the stat server comes back the ratio is much worse.

FAH has the concept of equal points for equal scientific work (letting the discussion another that out of here). I think a similar concept should be build in the coin allocation; a pro rata allocation based in valid hours for stats update. No official stat updates, for all users, no coins.

As for the stat servers:

Ah true, not sure if you were in IRC when we discussed this. The plan for the future is, when stats stop updating properly, payouts will stop, and then will credit everyone for the time missed when they come back online.

Missed that. Great. That's how it should be and brings a higher level of fairness in the allocation. "Case closed"

Keep folding (I'm still switching teams, busy folding life  Roll Eyes
legendary
Nope, can't do merged mining - you need to change your team affiliation to their team.

H.

Ah, alright. So their system works much like Curecoin, currently. Disregard above mention of merged folding...
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Nope, can't do merged mining - you need to change your team affiliation to their team.

H.
legendary

Our thoughts exactly. With the entire 20 seconds of attention I gave to reading about that project, it appears someone could fold on the curecoin team with their Couterparty address, kindof a 'merged folding' system. Don't quote me on that working though.
legendary

As for the stat servers:

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

As for the stat servers:
legendary
Something wrong with the current allocation concept. As per pool info the team produced 4.6M PPD, much less compared to normal day. Luck of for those who made it before the stat server stopped. Unlucky for those who's point comes in the next batch.

Really suggest to build some safety mechanism in. Right now it doesn't matter too much, but one the coin grow and big money comes in they might not accept that unbalance.

The easiest one is that 7844 points get only fully allocated when the stats server was fully active. A downtime of stat server of 12 hours should reduce the daily coins to 3922. And increase once that stat servers are back.

Kind of "cut and carry over". I know the points in PG don't get lost, they might get delayed. The same flow the "coin cake" should take

The backend software is showing a total of the correct number of points in the last round, and continues to run well, though I'm going to make some modifications tomorrow to fix a few small issues. The frontend stats.curecoinfolding.com page, which aside from time synchronization is completely independent of the actual backend server, seems to be having issues which I am looking into currently.

Here is the backend XML showing up for your account:

ChristianFAH

After a bit of investigating it appears due to the fact that it is scrabbling user data from the stats page for looping through an array of user scores, but it is grabbing the user scores from here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497 which caps out at the top 1000 users, so the software is throwing an index out of bounds exception, of course. What's surprising is that this issue didn't come up until now.

Either way, the backend fetches stats for each user from http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/teamstats/team224497.html which doesn't have the 1000 user limit. The backend is working perfectly fine, and coins should be going out at the appropriate rate regardless of the frontend error. If this is NOT the case, please let me know.

I'll work on migrating the public pure-aesthetics frontend (stats.curecoinfolding.com) over to use http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/teamstats/team224497.html sometime tomorrow, and so all stats should be updated and working correctly there by the day after.
Something wrong with the current allocation concept. As per pool info the team produced 4.6M PPD, much less compared to normal day. Luck of for those who made it before the stat server stopped. Unlucky for those who's point comes in the next batch.

Really suggest to build some safety mechanism in. Right now it doesn't matter too much, but one the coin grow and big money comes in they might not accept that unbalance.

The easiest one is that 7844 points get only fully allocated when the stats server was fully active. A downtime of stat server of 12 hours should reduce the daily coins to 3922. And increase once that stat servers are back.

Kind of "cut and carry over". I know the points in PG don't get lost, they might get delayed. The same flow the "coin cake" should take
Activity: 148
I wish this coin was more successful
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 75
Seems like there is some decent size buy orders though. Considering how many coins are available on the market. http://coinmarketcap.com/1     currently ranked 99

Thats true however this coin needs to get back no track as devs hardly active and all market moved to LTC would be nice to get it back in BTC markets and grow again but sadly seems more are begining to remove this coin  from their markets.

Devs are not hardly active though. Join in the IRC ha. They seriously never quit working. So many new things in the works Wink

But that doesn't matter - most buyers don't come from IRC - what the coin needs to do is start getting buy offers starting getting back up to where it was at over a dollar each at 300 to the Bitcoin. And you do that by maintaining a strong public presence. The features are great but if no one hears of them they are useless.

Maintaining a strong public presence and building buy pressure takes a community effort. One cannot expect to sit back and relax while other people do the work needed to spread the word and build value.

The developers should be doing what they do best, improving the coin and the core services around it. The Community should be doing things like bugging Merchants, voting on places like CoinPayments (to make it much easier for merchants), posting on relevant forums and groups, etc.

Bitcoin did not become huge because 2 core developers did all of the work to get the word out.

And last - do recall this is a BitCoinTalk Forum thread. CureCoin has its own presence at CureCoin.net, and it has the IRC channel. There's a Reddit, LinkedIn, GooglePlus, Facebook, Twitter... If you feel like it's a bit quiet here, look around.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Have you not checked out curecoin.net?Huh Alot of things are in the works.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Seems like there is some decent size buy orders though. Considering how many coins are available on the market. http://coinmarketcap.com/1     currently ranked 99

Thats true however this coin needs to get back no track as devs hardly active and all market moved to LTC would be nice to get it back in BTC markets and grow again but sadly seems more are begining to remove this coin  from their markets.

Devs are not hardly active though. Join in the IRC ha. They seriously never quit working. So many new things in the works Wink

But that doesn't matter - most buyers don't come from IRC - what the coin needs to do is start getting buy offers starting getting back up to where it was at over a dollar each at 300 to the Bitcoin. And you do that by maintaining a strong public presence. The features are great but if no one hears of them they are useless.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Jump to: