Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 111. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Bit of a progress update, we have finalized most of our materials for the Bitcoin:Chicago conference, here's a sample of the poster:

Snipped Image: http://curecoinfolding.com/forumpreview2.png

This is awesome! Are you all going to be getting video of the conference to share as well? I won't be able to go, but I'd love to see how it all works out.

We'll certainly be putting up some content from the conference, video footage from those usually doesn't turn out too great, but we'll see Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Bit of a progress update, we have finalized most of our materials for the Bitcoin:Chicago conference, here's a sample of the poster:

This is awesome! Are you all going to be getting video of the conference to share as well? I won't be able to go, but I'd love to see how it all works out.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

I like it!
//Aboy68

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
I think curecoin needs a feature similar to veribit

Veribit allows vericoins to be used at anywhere bitcoins are accepted.

Curecoin NEEDS this !

also add trezor please ASAP

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/eshop-launched-trezor-bitcoin-hardware-wallet-122438
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I think curecoin needs a feature similar to veribit

Veribit allows vericoins to be used at anywhere bitcoins are accepted.

Curecoin NEEDS this !
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the development team are not active enough really, the premine for ipo and dev fund was too large. It has crushed the price. Things will recover as the ipo dumpers eventually run out of coins, but with the current BTC coming in per day it will take a long time. This team didn't really get this off to a good start.

What makes you think it was IPO dumpers and not early folders dumping? The market volume is extremely low; it doesn't require IPO holders dumping to keep the price low.

IPO addresses were published; you could try to research it if you think that's true.

The Dev Funds are largely untouched at the moment, so you're off base there.

Off base where ? never said the dev funds were being sold. IPO holders or early miners? even if they are not the same people doesn't really matter. Too many cure coins floating around for the amount of buyers. Need some reason for people to want cure coins. IPO wasn't really required and too many coins given out.

The future gets brighter as time goes on for this coin. I bough at stupidly high levels. I will hold until i make profit anyway. Could do with a decent marketing team behind it and some mainstream advertising outside of the usual crypto channels.
Activity: 21
The price has dropped so far because of overall mining profitability.

Lots of miners switched over to curecoin because it was 10x more profitable than mining.

I will be honest, I have folded for a while. I folded since the first week did the math and it was significantly profitable for me to sell at the time so I sold the coins I folded early on.

That being said, I hold over 5000 curecoins and will continue to fold and hold the coin.

But to be honest, It is just about the same profitability as other mining right now.

Y'all can speculate all you want but the truth is that people are mining, folding, trading for their profit. 
Activity: 75
the development team are not active enough really, the premine for ipo and dev fund was too large. It has crushed the price. Things will recover as the ipo dumpers eventually run out of coins, but with the current BTC coming in per day it will take a long time. This team didn't really get this off to a good start.

What makes you think it was IPO dumpers and not early folders dumping? The market volume is extremely low; it doesn't require IPO holders dumping to keep the price low.

IPO addresses were published; you could try to research it if you think that's true.

The Dev Funds are largely untouched at the moment, so you're off base there.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

Keep up the good work! Smiley

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least

At first glance it looks like a clone but you need to read more to see that it's not a btc clone. It uses a blockchain like btc does but mostly everything else is different.

What is different? It is a bitcoin clone but half mined by the devs in order to distribute between folders right? With this kind of scheme folders are totally unnecesary for coin security. I can make another bitcoin clone and promise to distribute it beween another distributed computing project, is simply that. The intention is good and the dev seems a good guy, but they need to mature this idea a lot.
If I am wrong, make me know which are the differents with bitcoin

I thought you meant literally how Bitcoin works. (eg. mining) The folders are not needed for coin security. The miners are the ones needed for that.

How would you have designed the system?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
CoinTweak profitability charts
What is going that the price still dropping?
It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
Plus the only real exchange it is on(poloniex) is being heavily manipulated by a bot which no one wants to trade against.

I dunno about that.  I think if it even made enough to break even you'd have lots of people folding.  I also think you could get a lot of progressives to use or at least promote curecoin when they might be hesitant about bitcoin due to the vast number of right wingers in the BTC community.  

I think the biggest problem here, even moreso than the technical limitations of the coin implementation (the premine and IPO instead of split rewards ala devcoin, lack of merge mining) is the complete lack of marketting.  This coin could absolutely be written about in major print magazines if the marketing and community outreach was even halfway decent.
But you do break even/make a small profit from folding: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cure/FAH

Either that calculator is way off, or 90% of folders have quit since I last folded.  I had 600k PPD and was getting about 20 coins per day, and using about 1500W.  Folding runs cool, but it still uses about 80% of electricity that scrypt mining does.
Yes, the daily folding points have gone down a lot unfortunately. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?t=224497 <-- is where I get my stats for that calculator.

My research has told me that folding is at least a 50% cut in power usage compared to scrypt, with some people even reporting only 30% of scrypt. If you can show me otherwise I am glad to correct that part of the calculator. Smiley
Activity: 7
Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least

At first glance it looks like a clone but you need to read more to see that it's not a btc clone. It uses a blockchain like btc does but mostly everything else is different.

What is different? It is a bitcoin clone but half mined by the devs in order to distribute between folders right? With this kind of scheme folders are totally unnecesary for coin security. I can make another bitcoin clone and promise to distribute it beween another distributed computing project, is simply that. The intention is good and the dev seems a good guy, but they need to mature this idea a lot.
If I am wrong, make me know which are the differents with bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Activity: 7

Activity: 14

Activity: 172
I really think some of the premine should be used to create a 'stabilization fund' that would be used to put bids in to 'support' the CureCoin price. Look up what Nautilus coin is doing, and how non-volatile it is. This would also make the remainder of the 'Premine' and the Devs' coind worth SO MUCH MORE when they needed to cash out to go to conferences, etc.

The bottom line is that if all anyone sees is the CureCoin price slowly going down to 0, with hardly and up moves in between, we will have a crisis of confidence, and wonderful humanitarian idea or not, this coin will be raped to death by the miners who insta-dump whatever they mine unless the 'development team' does something to stop them.

Heres what I propose, out of all the coins you have 'set aside' for some miracle use one day, (Will only be a few bucks if this gets dumped down to 5 satoshi), you set aside 50% of that to ensure higher prices and incentivize long-term holders like myself to believe that we wont just lose 90% of our purchases within the next month.

You have to combine real world economics with the pie in the sky stuff to actually succeed with this idea, Jus think about it for a second, if you had sold 50% of your premine when this coin was at 100,000 plus satoshi, to put it in the 'stabilization fund' you could have set buy orders in tiers after the initial sell off below current market prices, and we would be looking at a 50,000 + Satoshi price Vs. the pathetic 10,000 price we now have.

This would inspire confidence among long-term holders, bring in more miners who will help fold and solve cancer, and provide some 'stability' vs the constant massacre the people who want to be in this long-term are currently witnessing. If you cannot support this price somehow, (and I agree, the lack of marketing is pathetic, an idea this great should have hit a major news medium by now, bringing in new blood and members to the community WTF?) then the coin will just die a slow death, and long-term members will eventually capitulate and throw in the towel.

I won't lie, I hold over 10,000 curecoins, and I am tempted right now to just dump them all on the market. I have no problem with charity, but when I lose over 90% of my purchase prices on my last 5 buys, it sure seems like either the devs are incompetent, there is no marketing, or possibly something nefarious is going on with the premine. How can those coins not be used for the purpose of benefiting those who have to pay hard earned BTC or mining power for their curecoins? Is that fair? That the 'devs' get the premine hoard and get more everyday and are doing nothing to support this price action? Sell some of the coins on every large 'up' move and use them to support the price. Or just do it slowly on a schedule to ensure you raise significant amount of BTC from your 'free coins' that could help out the community and build a cycle of positive/ non-volatile price action, not just watch this pig bleed out like a cancer patient on his last leg.

Sorry to sound so rough, but I come from an investment/ stock prospective, and all there are very clear financial moves that can support this coin that no one seems interested in, so I would like to hear some ideas on how to create a stable & rising price to avert the 'crisis of confidence' that the coin currently has.

Best,
ATX
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I have noticed the same thing. The only thing people care about are pump and dumps where they can make a quick buck. You would think people would support noble projects like Curecoin and Gridcoin, but majority are not very interested. That is why the world is such a mess, everyone is out only for themselves.

It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
Plus the only real exchange it is on(poloniex) is being heavily manipulated by a bot which no one wants to trade against.
Activity: 61
Coin sounds like a cool concept might join the fun.
Activity: 308
It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.

I dunno about that.  I think if it even made enough to break even you'd have lots of people folding.  I also think you could get a lot of progressives to use or at least promote curecoin when they might be hesitant about bitcoin due to the vast number of right wingers in the BTC community. 

I think the biggest problem here, even moreso than the technical limitations of the coin implementation (the premine and IPO instead of split rewards ala devcoin, lack of merge mining) is the complete lack of marketting.  This coin could absolutely be written about in major print magazines if the marketing and community outreach was even halfway decent.
But you do break even/make a small profit from folding: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cure/FAH

Either that calculator is way off, or 90% of folders have quit since I last folded.  I had 600k PPD and was getting about 20 coins per day, and using about 1500W.  Folding runs cool, but it still uses about 80% of electricity that scrypt mining does.
Jump to: