Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 140. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
So what the news are?

The news is so far everything with CureCoin is running smooth.  I've receive the coins at the same time every day with no issues.  I also use about 50% of the power I was using when mined Scrypt.  Time to join the fun if you haven't already.  Smiley

Also team CureCoin is already in 20th place.  We are already making a difference!

Huh, I feel a big enthusiasm Smiley
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
So what the news are?

The news is so far everything with CureCoin is running smooth.  I've receive the coins at the same time every day with no issues.  I also use about 50% of the power I was using when mined Scrypt.  Time to join the fun if you haven't already.  Smiley

Also team CureCoin is already in 20th place.  We are already making a difference!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Subscribe http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin !  We need 200 subscribers to be listed in the sidebar of r/cryptocurrency which will help bring new folders and investors.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Hello,

Any block explorer with API functions for this coin?
I'm afraid not. What API parts exactly are you looking for?
Well getdiff, getblock, and totalbc ofc Smiley But getting data from you Tweek would just be impolite Wink
I was about to suggest that you can use a (MPOS) pool for the difficulty and blockheight. Wink
There is a way to connect to MPOS pool and get that data pure text or JSON? If yes, then Tweek you are my life saver Cheesy
Yes, but you have to register for it at the pool. Once you are logged in go to edit account and click on the link below API key. That URL includes your personal API key to the pool API. Change &action=getuserstatus to &action=getdifficulty or &action=getblockcount to get the stats you need. Wink

Splendid, thank you! Now I wonder if the same can be done with NOMP pools, but seems it is not yet included.
Activity: 308
CoinTweak profitability charts
Hello,

Well getdiff, getblock, and totalbc ofc Smiley But getting data from you Tweek would just be impolite Wink
I was about to suggest that you can use a (MPOS) pool for the difficulty and blockheight. Wink
There is a way to connect to MPOS pool and get that data pure text or JSON? If yes, then Tweek you are my life saver Cheesy
Yes, but you have to register for it at the pool. Once you are logged in go to edit account and click on the link below API key. That URL includes your personal API key to the pool API. Change &action=getuserstatus to &action=getdifficulty or &action=getblockcount to get the stats you need. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Hello,

Amd drivers are shit. Nvidia has beautiful unified drivers
I don't have any issues on my system with both a GTX 670 and an R9 280x in it. Both cards run stable, but AMD gets about double the PPD.
Interesting. I haven't really looked into this, but my R9 280x gives an estimated 120k-160k PPD, usually around 140K PPD. My gtx 680 gives me estimated 35K. I'm not seeing stuck WUs on either one. Bit disappointed at the 680 really, I'm thinking about selling it since it's really not that great at folding which I'll be focusing my efforts on from now on.
My 280x is about 120-140k PPD as well, my 670 is about 65-75k PPD. You should use the beta driver on your GTX, that gave me a boost from 30-35k to the current.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I don't have any issues on my system with both a GTX 670 and an R9 280x in it. Both cards run stable, but AMD gets about double the PPD.
Interesting. I haven't really looked into this, but my R9 280x gives an estimated 120k-160k PPD, usually around 140K PPD. My gtx 680 gives me estimated 35K. I'm not seeing stuck WUs on either one. Bit disappointed at the 680 really, I'm thinking about selling it since it's really not that great at folding which I'll be focusing my efforts on from now on.
No where near as cpu bound as AMD too...  Roll Eyes
I want 4 GTX 880 reference cards (Titan style cooler please)

That would be great Smiley does anyone know when they come out?

I read that F@H doesn't handle the Maxwell architecture very well yet.  Hopefully that will be fixed by the time this beast comes out.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
We have 4 votes or likes so far on the Cryptsy post
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277225
Keep posting and adding your vote!

Curecoin has just reached top 20 on overall rank in the folding@home ranks!

Finally a coin I can start using Nvidia with

It's funny because I've got 15 290X TRIX that has taken some time to get working and I've still got one machine that may not be right yet.  At the same time I had a GTX 590 from a couple years ago and I put that in a 9 year old machine.  That machine has not had one issue.  Not a single hung WU, no freezes, nothing.  It isn't turning out a load of PPD but it is quite stable.

The computers with my 290X TRIX cards are a different matter.

It's interesting that you're having so many issues. Maybe my lack of problems is due to just having one card. After I got an understanding of how the program works (thanks to you), it's been clear sailing with my 7950. I do have graphics card faults when I try to game and such, but that's to be expected. Past that, no problems at all.

The truth is that most of the issues are simply because I'm learning something new.  With Scrypt mining making small speed changes would get you to the sweet spot pretty quick because you may only end up moving 30-40 MH/s.  It never occurred to me that I would be moving clock speeds more than 100 MH/s with folding.  So had I been moving 50 MH/s at a time instead of 10 MH/s then I would have got stable a lot faster.

Additionally, just like Scrypt not all cards will run at the same speeds and you don't know which cards they are until you have issues.  So yeah, having more cards does make a difference and hunting down the problems is an iterative process.

And finally, as bitpop pointed out above AMD drivers seem to suck and I am on 14.4!  I had always preferred Nvidia cards before I got interested in mining.  I am disappointed with AMD GPU's.  I'm not going to lie about it.  When I replace my existing hardware if Nvidia is even close in terms of PPD I will never look at AMD again.  Just not impressed.

Ohhh, so you're trying to max out the folding rate as well?

I was going to try this, but it's extremely difficult to tell the actual rate (especially in real-time) due to how the folding system works. I figured I'd just leave my card at stock and let it go however it wants.

Well not really.  In the case of folding I've done nothing but continue to downclock my cards trying to find a speed they will run at consistently.  For most of the cards that is done but I still have a couple that are putting up a fight.  This morning when I checked my machines I had a couple instances where I had hung work units.  So I lowered the core rate 10 MH/s and rebooted.  So far they have run all day with no issues.  So I'm probably getting close to the right answer for all the cards but they aren't the same.

I'm trying to avoid hung WU units.  Ultimately that will lead to more PPD simply because of stability.

So when the cards do finally run consistently it will be at about the highest speeds they can handle because I moved in such small steps.  However, I only moved in small steps because I had no idea how far I would have to reduce the GPU speeds.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

It's funny because I've got 15 290X TRIX that has taken some time to get working and I've still got one machine that may not be right yet.  At the same time I had a GTX 590 from a couple years ago and I put that in a 9 year old machine.  That machine has not had one issue.  Not a single hung WU, no freezes, nothing.  It isn't turning out a load of PPD but it is quite stable.

It's interesting that you're having so many issues. Maybe my lack of problems is due to just having one card. After I got an understanding of how the program works (thanks to you), it's been clear sailing with my 7950. I do have graphics card faults when I try to game and such, but that's to be expected. Past that, no problems at all.

The truth is that most of the issues are simply because I'm learning something new.  With Scrypt mining making small speed changes would get you to the sweet spot pretty quick because you may only end up moving 30-40 MH/s.  It never occurred to me that I would be moving clock speeds more than 100 MH/s with folding.  So had I been moving 50 MH/s at a time instead of 10 MH/s then I would have got stable a lot faster.

Additionally, just like Scrypt not all cards will run at the same speeds and you don't know which cards they are until you have issues.  So yeah, having more cards does make a difference and hunting down the problems is an iterative process.

And finally, as bitpop pointed out above AMD drivers seem to suck and I am on 14.4!  I had always preferred Nvidia cards before I got interested in mining.  I am disappointed with AMD GPU's.  I'm not going to lie about it.  When I replace my existing hardware if Nvidia is even close in terms of PPD I will never look at AMD again.  Just not impressed.

Ohhh, so you're trying to max out the folding rate as well?

I was going to try this, but it's extremely difficult to tell the actual rate (especially in real-time) due to how the folding system works. I figured I'd just leave my card at stock and let it go however it wants.

It's funny because I've got 15 290X TRIX that has taken some time to get working and I've still got one machine that may not be right yet.  At the same time I had a GTX 590 from a couple years ago and I put that in a 9 year old machine.  That machine has not had one issue.  Not a single hung WU, no freezes, nothing.  It isn't turning out a load of PPD but it is quite stable.

The truth is that most of the issues are simply because I'm learning something new.  With Scrypt mining making small speed changes would get you to the sweet spot pretty quick because you may only end up moving 30-40 MH/s.  It never occurred to me that I would be moving clock speeds more than 100 MH/s with folding.  So had I been moving 50 MH/s at a time instead of 10 MH/s then I would have got stable a lot faster.

Additionally, just like Scrypt not all cards will run at the same speeds and you don't know which cards they are until you have issues.  So yeah, having more cards does make a difference and hunting down the problems is an iterative process.

And finally, as bitpop pointed out above AMD drivers seem to suck and I am on 14.4!  I had always preferred Nvidia cards before I got interested in mining.  I am disappointed with AMD GPU's.  I'm not going to lie about it.  When I replace my existing hardware if Nvidia is even close in terms of PPD I will never look at AMD again.  Just not impressed.
Activity: 294
No where near as cpu bound as AMD too...  Roll Eyes

That would be great Smiley does anyone know when they come out?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
No where near as cpu bound as AMD too...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 294

Lol true.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

It's funny because I've got 15 290X TRIX that has taken some time to get working and I've still got one machine that may not be right yet.  At the same time I had a GTX 590 from a couple years ago and I put that in a 9 year old machine.  That machine has not had one issue.  Not a single hung WU, no freezes, nothing.  It isn't turning out a load of PPD but it is quite stable.

Jump to: