Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 173. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Free marketing ideas:
 - Charities that fund research for the diseases that folding@home should be contacted and asked to accept Curecoin donations.

Or maybe those charities could buy Curecoins themselves and thus supporting folding. /dream
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

We didn't officially fund the logo because we already have a logo (which we funded the development of), and the development of a new logo was requested by community members. However, I would like to point out that 80% of the logo pot currently pledged was from my personal coins, so we are supporting community wishes.

As for advertising, it's certainly important, any specific suggestions?

Once we have a stylish and informative website, new logo/coin image, then we have something to promote.  Best to wait until that's all done I say before launching an aggressive marketing campaign to ensure maximum ROI.

Marketing ideas that require funds:
 - Press release(s).  There's a few places this could be done, will require some funds.
 - Chinese translation of website (once it's up), will require a small amount of funds unless someone from the community steps up to do it for free.
 - It would be great to have a Curecoin dev or representative to attend crypto conventions and talk about Curecoin.  This would require funds for the entrance tickets + travel
 - Making donations to other folding@home teams.  This could be a great way to promote Curecoin to other folding teams.  If another team receives an offer of a Curecoin donation it would get them talking about Curecoin, they'd find out what it is.  It's a great way to start a discussion about Curecoin among other folding teams without being spammy.  This would obviously require funds.

Free marketing ideas:
 - Charities that fund research for the diseases that folding@home should be contacted and asked to accept Curecoin donations.
 - Contacting tech + science + crypto bloggers.  This could be started now by community members but as I said I think it's best to wait until we have some stylish graphics for the bloggers to use in their posts and a good website for them to link to.  Timing of marketing is critical.

Activity: 595
Merit: 506
Where can I purchase CureCoin?
Activity: 532
Merit: 250

THANKS!

It really means something to me to participate in such a GOOD endeavor.

To the miners:
Tell me if you have any problem with my pool so that I can improve it.
The starting difficulty of the VARDIFF if '1024'.
You you think it is too low for most sha256 mining equipment I can make it higher.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
How much are all existing coins now?
Bump.

Most exist already, they are held in a premined wallet in cold storage. The address was given out on here earlier. There is an excel sheet you can check out in the OP.

From the spreadsheet:

dev coins : 819,935.951128006
investors coins : 541,390
total premine: 1,361,325.95

in BTC at current ask price:

dev coins: BTC 1,557.9
investors: BTC 1,028.641
total: BTC 2,586.541

these numbers, coupled with situation where you mine for 3 days without being able to see anything happening then you get like 50 coins, is why the price is dropping - the economics simply don't add up for miners - there are lot of other innovation coins coming out that dont have premine like this and are normal coins where you can see what you are mining and move around different coins each day like miners do.

I agree a bit about the premine and ipo. Both are large. The dev fund i wouldn't mind so much about since that is for the good of the coin overall. However when i hear they won't even fund a logo bounty that is kind of worrying. 819,000 coins and want the community to fund the logo?

The ipo again quite high considering the payout. However they did take a risk.

However even combined this is only 5% this coin is a saint compared to some of these coins. I mean the other decent coins with coders that do some work were either instamined to hell or entire minting given to 70people. So although both coins are good the distribution will be way worse than cure coin.

I think the devs need to start putting more effort in with marketing though. This coins should be the biggest thing on the board right now.

I kind of agree diet is probably just as important if not more important that current treatments with regard cancer. However i am hopeful that in the future there will be something highly effective developed. Even now i guess we are helping with research into other illness too. Scientific research i think is better use of hardware than we had before.

This is a great idea but could have been implemented a little better.

I think paying out the ipo and devs over a longer period of time is good.

We really need more folders would be good to see up moving to the top 10 folding teams on that list really soon.

We didn't officially fund the logo because we already have a logo (which we funded the development of), and the development of a new logo was requested by community members. However, I would like to point out that 80% of the logo pot currently pledged was from my personal coins, so we are supporting community wishes.

As for advertising, it's certainly it's certainly important, any specific suggestions?
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
What are people's opinions on promoting Curecoin to other folding teams?  

There are some huge teams out there with 20,000+ folders and several with 10,000+.  Having folders from other teams flood into Curecoin would have a huge impact on it's price as it would become effectively much more scarce (harder to earn due to folding competition).  The more people who value Curecoin, the more valuable it becomes.  Folders on other folding teams are also by far the 'easiest sell' as they already know what folding is, they know how to to it and clearly believe it's worth doing.  So promoting Curecoin to other folding teams is an obvious move to make, at least from a marketing/investor perspective.

However, from a philanthropic perspective, (the 'other side to this coin' Wink) It's a pointless thing to do because they are already folding for free.  It doesn't encourage any more people to start folding, it just makes the price go up.  

Then again, if more people value Curecoin, the network effect of Curecoin is strengthened, and will encourage more new comers to start folding in the long run.  So if we strengthen Curecoin now by promoting Curecoin to other folding teams, that means the network effect in the future will be much stronger, which is good for Curecoin and good for folding@home.  So I'm in favour of it, but if there are objects to this marketing angle, I'd like to hear them.

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
pool.terahashers.com

stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5008 -u -p

Please add to the OP pool list.

To the miners:
Tell me if you have any problem with my pool so that I can improve it.
The starting difficulty of the VARDIFF if '1024'.
You you think it is too low for most sha256 mining equipment I can make it higher.
Activity: 75
I agree a bit about the premine and ipo. Both are large. The dev fund i wouldn't mind so much about since that is for the good of the coin overall. However when i hear they won't even fund a logo bounty that is kind of worrying. 819,000 coins and want the community to fund the logo?

No, the Community chose to request a new logo. That request did not come from the devs. You can't walk in somewhere, demand they change something, AND that they pay for it.

If the devs had requested the Logo competition, that would be one thing - but that's not what happened. And the lion's share of the bounty is from a dev's personal funds, anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Bump.

Most exist already, they are held in a premined wallet in cold storage. The address was given out on here earlier. There is an excel sheet you can check out in the OP.

From the spreadsheet:

these numbers, coupled with situation where you mine for 3 days without being able to see anything happening then you get like 50 coins, is why the price is dropping - the economics simply don't add up for miners - there are lot of other innovation coins coming out that dont have premine like this and are normal coins where you can see what you are mining and move around different coins each day like miners do.

The ipo again quite high considering the payout. However they did take a risk.

However even combined this is only 5% this coin is a saint compared to some of these coins. I mean the other decent coins with coders that do some work were either instamined to hell or entire minting given to 70people. So although both coins are good the distribution will be way worse than cure coin.

I think the devs need to start putting more effort in with marketing though. This coins should be the biggest thing on the board right now.

I kind of agree diet is probably just as important if not more important that current treatments with regard cancer. However i am hopeful that in the future there will be something highly effective developed. Even now i guess we are helping with research into other illness too. Scientific research i think is better use of hardware than we had before.

This is a great idea but could have been implemented a little better.

I think paying out the ipo and devs over a longer period of time is good.

We really need more folders would be good to see up moving to the top 10 folding teams on that list really soon.
Activity: 101
Bump.

From the spreadsheet:

What economics?? Wanna point me to something more profitable? Curecoin folding is abot 3x more profitable than multipools even at current price...this alone should be enough stimulate to atract miners.
Activity: 868
WTF is up with everyone stomping on free speech ?

"Free Speech" is not the "right" to go into threads and talk about something different and off topic, and asking you not to is not "stomping on free speech."

It's bad behavior, plain and simple. Take your snakeoil juice elsewhere.

I am on topic. The subject specifically mentions curing cancer.

What has F@H accomplished in all these years ? Last I checked, 9 of 10 cancer patients die from the treatment, not the disease.

The rawfoodist vegan, naturpathic movement has budded into a revolution ! It will not be long before we achieve critical mass.

What will the prescription junkies at big pharma do for a living when their patients learn to become and stay healthy ?

"You know what they call alternative medicine that works? Medicine."

Fruit n veggies aren't just for salads anymore ! Cheesy

professional tends to keep quiet about it or use their authority to stop it(even lying it's all not true) if it threatens their financial gain ^^ you know what i mean

That and now that I know about the IPO, I SMELL FISH.

Yes this measures curing cancer - your methods do not cure cancer or help to do so.

Folding @ Home papers read them - http://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers  Quite interesting actually.

That percentage dying from treatment vs. disease. I call BS any studies to back that up? Because the body doesn't heal itself from cancer at the treatment stage. Which means no treatment would always eventually kill you.

The vegan movement already has enough critical mass to keep moving - but then again so does scientology - and I hope your not talking about the more commonly used critical mass relating to nuclear fission.

You are confused about how big pharma works - first problem of life you don't live forever without problems. Until then they'll be a problem and pharmacies are trying to come up with proven ways to help cure those problems. Do they make a profit? sure. But that doesn't mean Burger King that you don't need to eat food and burger king tells you you do to make a profit for themselves.

And since you clearly haven't taken the time to read about the IPO or how the developers can't take any of the coins premined or such than please go take time to read about it before 'smelling fish'. That and sell your new found technology that allows computers to transmit smell.

Google "the Gerson therapy testimonials". Does the thought of doing so make you insecure ? These people are survivors. NOT frauds.

Apply your so called scientific method to this and other Naturopathic methods, then get back to me.

Or, for a good laugh, ask any doctor what his/her background in Nutrition is. Plz have your camera ready. The look on their face will be priceless as they storm out of the office, frustrated and embarrased.

@Zertenine Quick ! Give them some chemo ! .. or sing..."monnaaay.. moni moni moni  MO mmonnaaay"...

We'll do an update in a month or three. Grin

Gooo VEGAN ! Smiley

pEACe

Please go away. Go make a "Gerson therapy" thread and talk about your pseudoscience there. You are just spamming this thread with irrelevant information. There is a reason the scientific method cannot be applied to this "therapy"..

Coffee enemas.. no randomized controlled studies.. no statistical analysis of the results in the few studies which do exist (studies which were carried out by the Gerson Research Organization itself, wow I wonder if they were biased..) lol. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/dietandnutrition/gerson-therapy
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
WTF is up with everyone stomping on free speech ?

"Free Speech" is not the "right" to go into threads and talk about something different and off topic, and asking you not to is not "stomping on free speech."

It's bad behavior, plain and simple. Take your snakeoil juice elsewhere.

I am on topic. The subject specifically mentions curing cancer.

What has F@H accomplished in all these years ? Last I checked, 9 of 10 cancer patients die from the treatment, not the disease.

The rawfoodist vegan, naturpathic movement has budded into a revolution ! It will not be long before we achieve critical mass.

What will the prescription junkies at big pharma do for a living when their patients learn to become and stay healthy ?

"You know what they call alternative medicine that works? Medicine."

Fruit n veggies aren't just for salads anymore ! Cheesy

professional tends to keep quiet about it or use their authority to stop it(even lying it's all not true) if it threatens their financial gain ^^ you know what i mean

That and now that I know about the IPO, I SMELL FISH.

Yes this measures curing cancer - your methods do not cure cancer or help to do so.

Folding @ Home papers read them - http://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers  Quite interesting actually.

That percentage dying from treatment vs. disease. I call BS any studies to back that up? Because the body doesn't heal itself from cancer at the treatment stage. Which means no treatment would always eventually kill you.

The vegan movement already has enough critical mass to keep moving - but then again so does scientology - and I hope your not talking about the more commonly used critical mass relating to nuclear fission.

You are confused about how big pharma works - first problem of life you don't live forever without problems. Until then they'll be a problem and pharmacies are trying to come up with proven ways to help cure those problems. Do they make a profit? sure. But that doesn't mean Burger King that you don't need to eat food and burger king tells you you do to make a profit for themselves.

And since you clearly haven't taken the time to read about the IPO or how the developers can't take any of the coins premined or such than please go take time to read about it before 'smelling fish'. That and sell your new found technology that allows computers to transmit smell.

Google "the Gerson therapy testimonials". Does the thought of doing so make you insecure ? These people are survivors. NOT frauds.

Apply your so called scientific method to this and other Naturopathic methods, then get back to me.

Or, for a good laugh, ask any doctor what his/her background in Nutrition is. Plz have your camera ready. The look on their face will be priceless as they storm out of the office, frustrated and embarrased.

@Zertenine Quick ! Give them some chemo ! .. or sing..."monnaaay.. moni moni moni  MO mmonnaaay"...

We'll do an update in a month or three. Grin

Gooo VEGAN ! Smiley

pEACe
I wonder if changing the folding team name from Curecoin to something with a bit more information and perhaps partially in caps would help attract folders?  E.g.

CURECOIN - Get paid to fold!

That would attract a lot more folders I would imagine if that was the name of our team on the list, rather than the rather plain "Curecoin".  List is here:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

Activity: 75
I am mining on a quadcore Phenom (with the CPU switched off) and 2 x 280x on my test mining rig.

It's been folding over 24 hours now and seemd to be working nicely, however one GPU has been stuck at 99.9% and 4 secs left for a loong time now, see screenshot.

I couldn't really find working solution so I hope somebody will be able to help me out here.
What I tried: paused and restarted folding, paused and restarted client, paused and restarted PC...nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance!

It's an overclock issue on the GPU. The card is not stable and the driver will crash and leaves the GUI stuck on 99.99%.

Lover your clock speeds to somewhere between 1020-1040Mhz and just restart the computer without pausing folding.

Worth noting that I had this happen, and after restart the GUI showed 99.9% still. The log, however, showed the work at 25%. It was working, but the GUI didn't update.

By morning it completed successfully, so there were no problems. Just check the log for verification of what it's doing, on the off chance it still shows 99.9%.
Activity: 112
Bump.

From the spreadsheet:

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
I am mining on a quadcore Phenom (with the CPU switched off) and 2 x 280x on my test mining rig.

It's been folding over 24 hours now and seemd to be working nicely, however one GPU has been stuck at 99.9% and 4 secs left for a loong time now, see screenshot.

I couldn't really find working solution so I hope somebody will be able to help me out here.
What I tried: paused and restarted folding, paused and restarted client, paused and restarted PC...nothing seems to work.

Thanks in advance!

It's an overclock issue on the GPU. The card is not stable and the driver will crash and leaves the GUI stuck on 99.99%.

Lover your clock speeds to somewhere between 1020-1040Mhz and just restart the computer without pausing folding.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263

Thanks in advance!

Jump to: