Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 174. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Make the coin PoS and make amultipool to pump the price. No mining, only folding. Coins for folders to be generated like PoS interest from the whole network. If you dont do this price will die, because folding is extremely profitable and all people will dump hard, as they will still be on plus. Then the inertion will kill the price to the end and people will leave this gr8 project. At least make a multipool. People will support this way CURE again by mining other coins and pumping more profit for folders and themselves as well, being paid in CURE.

It is POS.
What?? What are these mining pools and ASICs for then?

... do you know what POS is?
Yes, I know - proof of stake, a coin, which is not mineable. What is your definition?

Proof-of-stake

Peercoin's major distinguishing feature is that it uses proof-of-stake/proof-of-work hybrid system. The proof-of-stake system was designed to address vulnerabilities that could occur in a pure proof-of-work system. With Bitcoin, for example, there is a risk of attacks resulting from a monopoly on mining share. This is because rewards from mining are programmed to decline exponentially, which may decrease the incentive to mine.[1] As miners decline, the likelihood of a monopoly increases, which leaves the network vulnerable to a 51% attack (a 51% attack is when a single entity possesses over half the mining share, which would allow this entity to double-spend coins). With a proof-of-stake system, new coins are generated based on the holdings of individuals. In other words, someone holding 1% of the currency will generate 1% of all proof-of-stake coin blocks. This has the effect of making a monopoly more costly, and separates the risk of a monopoly from proof-of-work mining shares.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peercoin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Make the coin PoS and make amultipool to pump the price. No mining, only folding. Coins for folders to be generated like PoS interest from the whole network. If you dont do this price will die, because folding is extremely profitable and all people will dump hard, as they will still be on plus. Then the inertion will kill the price to the end and people will leave this gr8 project. At least make a multipool. People will support this way CURE again by mining other coins and pumping more profit for folders and themselves as well, being paid in CURE.

It is POS.

Yes, I know - proof of stake, a coin, which is not mineable. What is your definition?

Then how would you characterise a coin like PPC?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
How much are all existing coins now?
Bump.

Most exist already, they are held in a premined wallet in cold storage. The address was given out on here earlier. There is an excel sheet you can check out in the OP.
legendary
was seriously considering supporting the coin, but the visible dev is behaving terribly, and methinks I'd like to know more about the 'team' of devs.

Not sure which dev you're referring to but I don't see any terrible behaviour.

And the devs are known publicly.

No terrible behaviour in my opinion. However could be a lot better. Put all the information on the OP for a start. About who they are, the premine addresses , start some bounties for things. Cure coin i though would have got a lot more attention than this. Need to bring in some decent marketing people. Make the OP a lot more informative.

I see the same old questions over and over.... ipo details, where is the premine, who are the devs..... yes all this info is in the thread, but get it on the OP.
Activity: 378
Merit: 265

It is POS.

was seriously considering supporting the coin, but the visible dev is behaving terribly, and methinks I'd like to know more about the 'team' of devs.

Not sure which dev you're referring to but I don't see any terrible behaviour.

And the devs are known publicly.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Also can anyone confirm was the ipo paid out yesterday... if so how much of it?
I haven't received any yet.

Me neither, waiting for the Mac wallet to be vetted by a trusted dev first.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
I haven't received any yet.
legendary
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Earn while you solve cures for Cancer. True 3.0 crypto

its a clear 1.5 crypto (bitcoin base + POS) & folding@home Hybrid

still a good concept i like it

legendary
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
to add a multipool nothing have to be changed in coin setup

just make a scrypt based multipool

this way sha256 asics mine direct
scrypt asics mine via multipool

gpu/cpu do folding
legendary
For anyone curious, the majority of the premine is currently at BDL4SBQGHrPcq1UvP99bdNSjinc8mgnt2K. It'll move soon, most likely, at which point I'll post an update. Smiley

Very important information which i have asked from from the start. Put it on the OP.

It is POS.

It is POS.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Stop feeding the trolls.

While this forum is a good place to get the word out about any new project, it's also prime hunting ground for those who like to troll, spread FUD, or just make posts soley for the sake of messing with others. So basically it's just like any other forum on the internet with a large number of users.

For those of you that believe in the potential of this coin - stop replying to the trolls. Focus on the legitmate questions for help or better understanding of the coin.

There are several good questions (and answers) in this thread, but they are starting to become buried. Some still need to be addressed - I am a firm believer in this coin, but having a legitimate blockchain explorer and an official listing of the addresses tied to the pre-mined coins is a must. A couple different people have asked this question but in ways that make them seem like all the other trolls. One address has been made public (the investor address) and an unofficial blockchain explorer - good start but needs more work.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100

I've edited my post already, seems like I was off.

This kind of information should be public and written in the main thread (so we won't have to guess),
I see few different opinions about the amount of BTC that was raised.

Anyway after understanding the price history including the IPO stage - I pulled my buy order and will wait for a major dump to occur.
If it won't occur I guess the ship was already sailed without me  Wink

Same here, I bought 50 CURE at 0.031 last night and now after reading the whole IPO thing I decided to take the loss and sold for 0.028

To clarify the donation process.

Coins were purchased in the IPO at a rate of 10k Curecoin / 1 BTC - yes in retrospect this is a great investment but also keep in mind the risk these people had - in retrospect buying dell stock in 1990 would have been genius too.

While a decent number of coins were released those of you anticipating dumps are confused because the coins will be given to investors over a long period of time - coins won't be released into the market noticeably quicker then they are already being released. More so than that a lot of these people invested because they believe in the coin and plan on holding their coins for a long time.

Also many of you say oh I wish I had known I would have invested, and to be honest I doubt many of you would have. Sure if you knew how well it was going to do you would have invested but you don't and I doubt people who sell the coin overnight for a 10% loss because they are worried about a dump that they haven't actually take any time to research surely wouldn't take the risk of an IPO like that.

Can you bring some more light into this ? At what rate are the coins released then ? How many were released yesterday etc.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Ipo investors are steadily crashing the price...too bad for the coin

Except it's not the IPO coins, it's just a few thousand mined and folding coins.  Investors haven't even been paid yet as far as I know, and when they do get paid, it's in monthly installments. 

Afaik ipo investors got their cure yesterday

These sells are made by scared miners...doesnt matter cause believers are buying everything under 0,0019. A smart investor will wait for bigger volume once the coin appiers on mp or cryptsy or even mint some morewhen pos begins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
so many peolpe like it ,make this coin fly to the moon?/why?
Activity: 770
Ipo investors are steadily crashing the price...too bad for the coin

Except it's not the IPO coins, it's just a few thousand mined and folding coins.  Investors haven't even been paid yet as far as I know, and when they do get paid, it's in monthly installments. 

Afaik ipo investors got their cure yesterday
Jump to: