Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 59. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Something is screwy with why more people aren't mining this with all the people out there who bought SHA256 ASIC's and will no longer mine Bitcoin with them.  Isn't this coin profitable to mine with a Antminer S3?  

I think I remember crunching the numbers sometime late last year on doing the SHA256 for Curecoin thing with my S5s vs running them on Bitcoin - and Bitcoin won by a narrow margin on profitability.

Much lower hashrate but also much lower reward rate and it pretty much balanced out.

I suspect this remains the case this year.

Up side, I *FINALLY* got a FLDC payment - don't get me started on how big a PITA this wallet is, and how little feedback it gives while it's transfering anything, but it eventually worked - and was a nice non-small bonus. What I DON'T get is the bs about "have to have at least .0005 BITCOIN to cover transaction fees" - especially when the bloody fee was LESS THAN 30% of that on what had to have been a rather large transaction. SOMEONE is definitely getting over on THAT bs.

Unfortunately I missed the spike - but it was still worthwhile, though I'm not sure it doubled my income by any means.
For the timeframe involved it was definitely more than I could earn in a year from EVGA's silly little reward program (do keep in mind I've been typically #8 on Team Curecoin as ranked by Points 24 hours since very shortly after I swapped my current rigs over from Ethereum - not many folks that can match or better my performance at this point, and after my move next week I intend to add more rigs).

Any idea if there's an exchange anywhere for that MAGICFDLC stuff, or is it just useless fluff?
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
I installed "Tokenly Pockets" from Gogle Apps. Now I'm trying to send to the exchange FLDC coins.

Send to: Copy/Paste from exchange FLDC deposit address in the wallet.
Amount: 1000 (small amount)

But not sent anything. Something missing or wrong I do? Wallet is encripted.

What kind wallet you use for FLDC and ALL?

Wrong thread. You want this one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-foldingcoin-mine-for-medicine-phase-20-781352
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I installed "Tokenly Pockets" from Gogle Apps. Now I'm trying to send to the exchange FLDC coins.

Send to: Copy/Paste from exchange FLDC deposit address in the wallet.
Amount: 1000 (small amount)

But not sent anything. Something missing or wrong I do? Wallet is encripted.

What kind wallet you use for FLDC and ALL?
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Something is screwy with why more people aren't mining this with all the people out there who bought SHA256 ASIC's and will no longer mine Bitcoin with them.  Isn't this coin profitable to mine with a Antminer S3? 

legendary
The overclock database is why I went with the 1070s when I got serious. It DOES show the major advantage NVidia has over current AMD strongly - but the RX480 results are promising that the gap has narrowed quite a bit and when AMD starts releasing higher-end cards might be very close indeed.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the day that ETH income on an R9 290 drops below CURE/etc income.

Hello,
can I use poloniex deposit address for withdrawing curecoins from cryptobullionpools
 and is it possible to use blockchain.info for curecoin withdrawals?
Thanks!

You can use a poloniex CureCoin deposit address for your cryptobullionpools withdrawals if you like, but for a block explorer you want https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/. blockchain.info is for BitCoin.

Awesome! You could actually offer 3k for a really good calculator taking into account all the tokens that can be earned via the _ALL_ keyword of merge folding and explaining in a clear way on the same page (below the calculator) the exact minimum required steps to start CURE/_ALL_ merge folding. Maybe you can contact FLDC team and ask them to give some FLDC in addition to the 3k CURE as this calculator is going to be a little bit more tricky to develop since the partnerships between FLDC and other tokens change with time so the calculator should ideally be able to self-adapt or should give to the FLDC team the possibility to parametrize the _ALL_ part (i.e. to add/remove tokens and the URLs where their value can be fetched) every time their partnerships change.

Such a calculator will bring miners to folding like crazy!

What would be really nice is if CureCoin could get on the GPU section of http://www.whattomine.com/ since a lot of miners use that. It is already listed in the ASIC section for SHA-256 mining, but nothing for GPU folding. They would just need to replace the "Mh/s" field with a "PPD" field; and instead of reading the difficulty, would need to read the total PPD of the team to do its calculation. For that last part they might need to take each day's values over the last month to predict what the next day's value will be. Something like the trend line on folding.extremeoverlcocking. It can vary quite a bit on a day to day basis with stat servers going down for maintenance, and just daily growth, etc; so just using the previous day's value would be misleading.

That's only half of it though. The other half is making sure miners can figure out what PPD to expect from what GPU, so that they can fill in that "PPD" field. http://www.overclock.net/t/475163/gpu-projects-ppd-database/0_100 is pretty handy, but that's just one resource. It needs a lot more data points for certain cards, and how many potential folders even know about it? I've been trying to fill in as much as I can for R9 290 data, and it looks like there is a lot of GTX 1070 and a decent amount of 980 data too. There might be a lot more nvidia folders if they knew how profitable cure can be, because they have the advantage over AMD at folding, whereas they are at a disadvantage when it comes to mining.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Hello,
can I use poloniex deposit address for withdrawing curecoins from cryptobullionpools
 and is it possible to use blockchain.info for curecoin withdrawals?
Thanks!
Can wallet "Tokenly Pockets" to receive _ALL_?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
This works out to a fair bit more than a 300% profit vs electric useage at my current power cost JUST on Curecoin (I've not seen if my hopefully fixed FDLC setup will get me more).
BUT!
Most folks pay quite a bit more for electric than I do here in Central WA, and the income / $ invested isn't as good as a optimised ETH or XMR rig can do right now.

If merge folding doubles your curecoin income I guess it really does better than ETH or XMR... (can't wait the merge folding calculator)

And you have to take into account that F@H research might later save your life or the life of your beloved or kids, while the other cryptos just contribute to global warming with all the GWh spent on crunching meaningless numbers for PoW...

So all in all, folding gives you by far the best return on investment!  Smiley
legendary
I currently have 3 rigs on FAH, pretty close to identical.
2 NVidia 1070 folding, 1 old HD7750 doing Moowrappper along with the A10's GPU unit.

Nope, shouldn't be hard to figure out who I am on Team Curecoin - just check the top 10 on "24 hours".

9-)

They net about .6 cents/watt of system use - could do better if I optimised them more but I have a VERY longstanding commitment to the distributed.net project.
 This works out to a fair bit more than a 300% profit vs electric useage at my current power cost JUST on Curecoin (I've not seen if my hopefully fixed FDLC setup will get me more).

BUT!

Most folks pay quite a bit more for electric than I do here in Central WA, and the income / $ invested isn't as good as a optimised ETH or XMR rig can do right now.

So 4 cards earned 62 curecoins + FLDC?(not sure how much yet.. just going to save it up as a nice bonus for now). 62 cure @ 6.5 cents = 4.03 USD . At the national average of 12c / kwh the 16.8 kwh I used costs 2.01. So roughly double the cost of electric without even counting the FLDC that has also recently went up in price a substantial amount.

Indeed, if you take into account that you also get about 4 USD for FLDC via merge folding that means you get about 6 USD for 2 USD of electricity!
This is a 300% yield!

A quick update on profitability since there are no efficient calculators for folding profit on cure / fldc - feel free to make one, Ill give 1000 cure for a good one, 2k for a really good one.

Awesome! You could actually offer 3k for a really good calculator taking into account all the tokens that can be earned via the _ALL_ keyword of merge folding and explaining in a clear way on the same page (below the calculator) the exact minimum required steps to start CURE/_ALL_ merge folding. Maybe you can contact FLDC team and ask them to give some FLDC in addition to the 3k CURE as this calculator is going to be a little bit more tricky to develop since the partnerships between FLDC and other tokens change with time so the calculator should ideally be able to self-adapt or should give to the FLDC team the possibility to parametrize the _ALL_ part (i.e. to add/remove tokens and the URLs where their value can be fetched) every time their partnerships change.

Such a calculator will bring miners to folding like crazy!
Few days ago I changed my FAH user name of xxxxx_FLDC _....... I see that most have a username xxxxxx_ALL_ ........
What (how much) gives more "ALL"? Everything that applies to "FLDC" (eg Tokenly Pockets) applies to "ALL"?

Thanks  Smiley

Foldingcoin makes sometimes partnership with other tokens that you can earn at the same time as FLDC via merge folding. For the moment it is quite in standby because of the manual distribution but I guess that as soon as the new distribution server will be ready it will start again.

So you set _ALL_ to say you want all the tokens and _FLDC_ if you only want FLDC.
Few days ago I changed my FAH user name of xxxxx_FLDC _....... I see that most have a username xxxxxx_ALL_ ........
What (how much) gives more "ALL"? Everything that applies to "FLDC" (eg Tokenly Pockets) applies to "ALL"?

Thanks  Smiley
Regarding the pools at the Curecoin website:

CryptoPools   
United Miners   
MinePit   
iSpace   

Can someone validate that these pools are all up and working?  I've had some luck at CryptoPools, but not able to stay connected, which is probably on my side.
But these other three seem like they are having problems just being online: United Miners, MinePit, iSpace.  One I get a google warning about data not being private. 
Are there other pools mining this coin? 

Looks like all of the PoW blocks are coming from CryptoPools and 1 solo miner...so I guess the other 3 are defunct.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/#!extraction

Would be nice to have a good pool pick this up.  Very limited customer support at Cryptopools and I can't stay connected to it.

Pool is working fine.  If you need support with your particular miner, go to #cryptopools on IRC.  Email is too slow.

-tb-

Thanks.  I appreciate all your patience.  I realize I had a lot of basic questions.  It's been working great for me in the last 18 hours.  I believe
I had to just let the miner run, and not worry that the online interface was showing my miner being offline when it wasn't.  Seems like the
online interface has to do some kind of cycling which gives that impression.

Activity: 66
This youtube blogger Barnacules Nerdgasm generated an insane amount of PPD with one video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6oyuYIA6A8

Like my comment on his video so we can spread curecoin's word. He may end up deleting my post but, whatever, worth a try. Screenshot: http://puu.sh/rrWCg/9f71e11028.png
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

CryptoPools   
United Miners   
MinePit   
iSpace   

Can someone validate that these pools are all up and working?  I've had some luck at CryptoPools, but not able to stay connected, which is probably on my side.
But these other three seem like they are having problems just being online: United Miners, MinePit, iSpace.  One I get a google warning about data not being private. 

Looks like all of the PoW blocks are coming from CryptoPools and 1 solo miner...so I guess the other 3 are defunct.

Would be nice to have a good pool pick this up.  Very limited customer support at Cryptopools and I can't stay connected to it.

Pool is working fine.  If you need support with your particular miner, go to #cryptopools on IRC.  Email is too slow.

-tb-

CryptoPools   
United Miners   
MinePit   
iSpace   

CryptoPools   
United Miners   
MinePit   
iSpace   

CryptoPools   
United Miners   
MinePit   
iSpace   

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
A few more updates have been pushed to the curecoin folding pool.

A quick update on profitability since there are no efficient calculators for folding profit on cure / fldc - feel free to make one, Ill give 1000 cure for a good one, 2k for a really good one.

Currently with just 4 cards running 2 of which are the most powerful and liquid cooled drawing 410 watts for the whole system, other machine is using less. I expected to see a lot more after finally hooking up a kill a watt basing my numbers of normal mining and stress testing figures but folding lets the cards run pretty cool. You can overclock a bit but if you OC too much your work unit will get an imperfection and the results become worthless and no credit is awarded.

So 4 cards earned 62 curecoins + FLDC?(not sure how much yet.. just going to save it up as a nice bonus for now). 62 cure @ 6.5 cents = 4.03 USD . At the national average of 12c / kwh the 16.8 kwh I used costs 2.01. So roughly double the cost of electric without even counting the FLDC that has also recently went up in price a substantial amount.

My numbers should be pretty accurate there I am just making a quick post for reference for anyone who is thinking about folding for cure and/or FLDC
Pages:
Jump to: