Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 54. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Curecoin drop to 1 cent = not much interest in it hanging around, as it's iffy if it can be profitable at ALL at that point.

It bottomed out at a bit under 3 cents for a long time, that was profitable with VERY low cost electric and a well-optimised rig but not hugely so - but foldingcoin was earning MORE than curecoin in that timeframe once you could get foldingcoin working.

EVGA is seeing some drop this week, though some folks seems to have not bothered moving to "other stuff" after the Time Zone Challenge so they're a bit higher than they were at the month before that challenge. We're back down quite a bit from our peak, but still a good bit higher than 2 months ago when Curecoin was under 3 cents - and both ZCash and ETH are dropping in profitability so we'll probably start seeing a few folks migrating back over here (I'm starting to shift rigs, and have parts on the way from NewEgg for a new rig build that will go straight to folding).

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
5-6 cents per Curecoin the last month most of the time - which is a major improvement over 3c/curecoin 2 months back.

i think cure coin can go 1 cent
legendary
Stats are back up. Gonna be curious to see if EVGA drops back down again now that their 2016" Time Zone Challenge" is over, and I wonder how many Curecoin folks wandered over there to do that (I didn't hear about it 'till just now, unfortunately).

legendary
5-6 cents per Curecoin the last month most of the time - which is a major improvement over 3c/curecoin 2 months back.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Is one Curecoin still only worth about 5 cents?  What can we do to change this?  It's not all that easy to make one at the pool I'm mining, and I think a lot of people turned part of their cpus at Zcash/ZCL. 

We need a good coin we can focus old antminers on, which are dirt cheap these days.  There needs to be a mass information campaign that old ASICs can be profitable mining one or two coins that get a lot of mass focus.  Would that be profitable?  How can we get a Curecoin marketplace?

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Stats System Down Temporarily
November 9, 2016 by Carlos Hernández ·
We’re experiencing some technical issues with one of our client-side servers (fah-web.stanford.edu).  Stanford IT is working hard to get things working again, but in the meantime individual and team points data might not be accessible (however all work units should receive credit). We’ll post an update as soon as things are up and running again.

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/stats-system-down-temporarily/
legendary
They can be done in parallel - but that "counterparty" junk Foldingcoin uses to distribute it's coin is a painfull piece of garbage to use and the mandatory fees are a ripoff.

It's worth suffering through for the extra income if you have a significant amount of folding going on, but likely a waste if you don't average at least 100k PPD and the coin pricing on FLDC has dropped to the point it's riveling DOGE for "not worth anything" - then in about a month FLDC hits it's first halfing.

It definitely does NOT generate "more income than CURE does" any more, though it used to be fairly close to a little more after you factored in how many MORE FLDC you would get for a certain amount of PPD generated in a month.

Oh yeah, once a month distributions - at which point the folks that can get it out EARLY get to hammer the price to scrap.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
How does Foldingcoin compare to this project?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
In the mean time team curecoin is still producing a very respectable amount of research.

This is great, especially when new studies show bad things to come:

By 2030, the global cancer burden is expected to nearly double, growing to 21.4 million cases and 13.2 million deaths.

http://www.cancer.org/myacs/newengland/global-cancer-burden-to-double-by-2030

and

Two reports have warned of an explosion in cancer deaths among women, with a toll, mainly from breast cancer, of around 5.5 million a year by 2030 – roughly the population of Denmark.
This represents a near 60% increase in less than two decades, said an analysis conducted by the American Cancer Society (ACS), released on Tuesday at the World Cancer Congress in Paris.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/02/cancer-deaths-women-rise-warning-lancet

We will have an update posted on curecoin.net soon about the recent achievement of rank #3 in the world and some other accomplishments you may not have heard of.  

Well, do it quickly because we're soon #2!  Cheesy
legendary

The new nvidia driver is indeed crap. I'm moving my folding machines all over to server linux, and trying to document / streamline the process so I can post some updated easy quick start instructions that work with newer versions of linux.

Ubuntu 14.04 has been the long-running "standard" for most mining under LINUX though 16.04 is starting to supplant it.

I've got one working folder rig on a home-rolled XUbuntu (couldn't find a working download link for XUbuntu 14.04 so I ended up rolling my own, as XFCE is INFINITELY easier to work with than Trinity especially for being able to autorun stuff AFTER X is up), just haven't gotten around to figuring out the "much more painfull" NVidia-based LINUX tools to be able to set fanspeed and optimally overclock stuff before I move the whole FARM over (I've been running AMD too long, I KNOW that stuff but the NVidia stuff seems to be noticeably more convoluted to get working).

Once I get THAT rig working to my satisfaction and the fanspeed/OC stuff set up, it's TRIVIAL to clone it using standard LINUX tools for the other rigs.

What I wish is that MSI would port Afterburner to LINUX. SO MUCH EASIER to set stuff up with that than any of the available LINUX tools I've been able to find.

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
So I was silent on the forums for the last week. Just got back from my one good vacation I make sure to take once a year in Toronto and Niagara Falls. I had hoped to get the win client to everyone before I left but the trip was planned for some time and I had to wrap things up before I left. I did manage to open my laptop a couple times and we do now have an updated windows client (sorry no mac update yet).

Link to windows Curecoin client 1.3.3
https://github.com/cygnusxi/CurecoinSource/blob/master/releases/Curecoin-0.1.3.3-win-portable.zip

Other releases
https://github.com/cygnusxi/CurecoinSource/blob/master/releases/

The new update is not a mandatory update but rather a strong recommendation to upgrade. Before I left there were some talks of the old logo being ok for some people, so feel free to choose a client for now with whichever logo you prefer. I will repackage the new win client with the old logos soon to leave the choice out there.

The spikes and drops for price and PPD are both moving all over the place right now. The recent nvidia driver mess obviously did not help as some have pointed out. I've only heard of the zcash and not researched it but it sounds like its having a spike as well. BTC climbing I think is a good thing in the long run for all crypto currencies. Bitcoin is gateway via which many people stumble onto Curecoin, so eventually that will turn into a few more folders.

I'll be catching up on the curecoin.net forum and other messages this week. I plan on attending 2 meetings with the foldingcoin team this weekend.

In the mean time team curecoin is still producing a very respectable amount of research. We will have an update posted on curecoin.net soon about the recent achievement of rank #3 in the world and some other accomplishments you may not have heard of. 
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
I don't know about you guys, but I am getting wrecked on this price drop. Damn you bitcoin!

Price seems to have stabelised again - and a lot of PPD seems to have moved over to Zcash while it's hot (including my Win-based machines, as I can't get a LINUX based ZCash program running for anything).

I'm sure most will be back soon, can't see ZEC maintaining it's current crazy pricing vs. BTC

Ppd also dropped due to the new Nvidia driver I know it fubard my machine. And now I'm not home to fix it...

375.90 is junk.
 I made the mistake of trying that one on my new 3-card build.
 Makes the ENTIRE machine unstable, lots of artifacts, even though it's running with an AMD A10 and even when the screen is hooked to the APU it gets artifacts under that junk driver (the AMD-run display should NOT be affected by a NVidia driver at all).

I think most of my machines, possibly all of them, are running 372.70 'cause it WORKS and is stable.

This kind if issue is why I REFUSE to install that "Nvidia Experience" junk, or allow the AMD equivilent to do "automatic updates" - too often the "update" BREAKS WORKING MACHINES.

The new nvidia driver is indeed crap. I'm moving my folding machines all over to server linux, and trying to document / streamline the process so I can post some updated easy quick start instructions that work with newer versions of linux. I had only one on linux before and it was mainly for an old beta test I was doing with core 20 (or 21) . It was called o-core when we tested it and afaik it is now what the android app uses to deliver a "streaming" work unit. As mentioned above there is a known demand for the app to be able to use a folding name / team etc. If you want to ask kindly to those who produce the app we may get an answer if enough interested individuals send the request.
legendary
I don't know about you guys, but I am getting wrecked on this price drop. Damn you bitcoin!

Price seems to have stabelised again - and a lot of PPD seems to have moved over to Zcash while it's hot (including my Win-based machines, as I can't get a LINUX based ZCash program running for anything).

I'm sure most will be back soon, can't see ZEC maintaining it's current crazy pricing vs. BTC

Ppd also dropped due to the new Nvidia driver I know it fubard my machine. And now I'm not home to fix it...

375.90 is junk.
 I made the mistake of trying that one on my new 3-card build.
 Makes the ENTIRE machine unstable, lots of artifacts, even though it's running with an AMD A10 and even when the screen is hooked to the APU it gets artifacts under that junk driver (the AMD-run display should NOT be affected by a NVidia driver at all).

I think most of my machines, possibly all of them, are running 372.70 'cause it WORKS and is stable.

This kind if issue is why I REFUSE to install that "Nvidia Experience" junk, or allow the AMD equivilent to do "automatic updates" - too often the "update" BREAKS WORKING MACHINES.

Activity: 66
Anonymous transactions aren't our goal.

Nevertheless Zcash score a point:

Privacy is a human right

We believe that personal privacy is necessary for core human values like dignity, intimacy, and morality.

Privacy is about consent. You have the right to choose which of your movements, words, and actions will be shared or published. You have the right to choose whether every detail of your life will be recorded and analyzed, by acquaintances, neighbors, family, employers, faceless organizations, or massive supercomputers.

Privacy is necessary for businesses

Companies need privacy in order to conduct their business. This is true for all sorts of companies, in all sorts of businesses.

Banks and their customers absolutely require privacy in their financial transactions.

Wouldn't anonymous transactions  certainly disturb the "trustworthiness" of the transparent centralization that curecoin is trying to achieve? Regardless, I don't see why a curecoin tumbler can't simply be designed when the time comes.
Anonymous transactions aren't our goal.

Nevertheless Zcash score a point:

Privacy is a human right

We believe that personal privacy is necessary for core human values like dignity, intimacy, and morality.

Privacy is about consent. You have the right to choose which of your movements, words, and actions will be shared or published. You have the right to choose whether every detail of your life will be recorded and analyzed, by acquaintances, neighbors, family, employers, faceless organizations, or massive supercomputers.

Privacy is necessary for businesses

Companies need privacy in order to conduct their business. This is true for all sorts of companies, in all sorts of businesses.

Banks and their customers absolutely require privacy in their financial transactions.

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

legendary

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Man, folding with a CPU is the worst. With an i5 I got only 50 PPD, is that normal?
This is not normal. i7-4770 with six threads give me 14175 PPD. Show us some screenshots with your FAH@home configuration.

When you get WU from the new Core_A7 p11920 (FahCore: 0xa7) with AVX instructions, PPD is >twice more.

My i5-2500k @4200 MHz: Win7/64b
core A3/A4 projects: CPU: 3; PPD: ~10k
core A7 project: CPU: 3; PPD: ~21k
The latest Intel i7 CPUs makes ~60-70k PPD on p11920.
To avoid confusion should be told: Project: xxxx; PPD: xxxx; CPU:xxxx; CPU(active cores): X.
Pages:
Jump to: