Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 73. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
any word when the snap shot date is yet?

The snapshot will probably be done on a weekly basis after SigmaX launch, continuing for a year. The first one won't be until SigmaX launches, which won't be until Curecoin 2.0 launches, so fairly far away.

Oh i see how far is fairly far away? what % complete is it?

So  sigmax test net today? so can people be working on clones from today or not?

Target Launch for Curecoin 2.0 is May - June. Vorksholk is extremely skilled with block chain tech so the best move for any developers that want to get into this will be to contribute to his project as he continues to develop it. The genesis block has been mined on an internal testnet for the beta launch of SigmaXcoin. If all goes as planned the beta launch will happen in about 2 hours. 
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

The snapshot will probably be done on a weekly basis after SigmaX launch, continuing for a year. The first one won't be until SigmaX launches, which won't be until Curecoin 2.0 launches, so fairly far away.

Oh i see how far is fairly far away? what % complete is it?

So  sigmax test net today? so can people be working on clones from today or not?
legendary
Getting people involved because they believe in the project is really hard. Good luck on that, curecoin is a good crypto and the devs are working hard.

The project needs to appear to be alive. That is very important.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Getting people involved because they believe in the project is really hard. Good luck on that, curecoin is a good crypto and the devs are working hard.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

legendary
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Since the thread is busy right now I'd like to get some content out here. Please consider joining curecoin.net/forum to be more involved in the curecoin community for future posts, suggestions, etc.

First off, I'd like to cover the attempt to expand the core team. It was recently said that there have been no efforts to expand the team, and that many people would be willing to work with us for free because curecoin is an interesting project. This has certainly not been the case thus far, I have reached out to a lot of people via bitcointalk, linkedin, and various other channels only to find the only people offering help are far from ready to offer that help for free. With the recent change in market movement and the soon coming launch of the SigmaXcoin beta (likely tonight) I figured this is the best time to extend the offer once again to the community to join the core team. If you are interested in joining the core team please head over to the curecoin.net/forum and post there with what type of skills you want to offer to the curecoin project. Anyone who is accepted into the core team will be paid with curecoin, and possibly btc also depending on the work rendered. Web design, logo design, C developers, Java developers, and social media marketers are just a few of the things we are looking to expand.

It's been recently proposed that Team Curecoin is selling itself short by focusing too much on donations to Stanford's folding@home servers and other charities. Due to funds being appropriated to those causes it was simply what needed to be done, however we are going to start taking a much different approach to this. Starting today curecoin donations will be sold off in a few test crowd sales to see how the reception is on bitcointalk forum with this method. The first few crowd sales will be small and capped in value, again this is to test the reception of this on bitcointalk forum vs using various other crowdfunding sites. One of the large factors is this is the ability to accept bitcoin without having a 3rd party involved, because I think everyone on this forum can agree its best to keep your balances in secure cryptocurrency wallets without the meddling hands of a 3rd party and their high fiat money handling fees.

The 3 test crowd sales will be for the following items;

1. Overall development of Curecoin including websites, social media, promotional materials (pretty much everything already listed in the uses for the developer fund)

2. Fundraisers that have curecoins already donated to them, including
     a.ANTRUK: Learn More on the ANTRUK homepage. http://www.antibioticresearch.org.uk/
     b.Bonfils: Learn More on the Bonfils Blood Center homepage. http://www.bonfils.org/index.cfm/medical-services/research/

By participating in these crowd sales you will not only be contributing to the above list including curecoin development you will also be rewarded in curecoins. This will also help us unload these coins without saturating the market therefor encouraging more folding to earn curecoins which is the main goal of curecoin. With that said, for those who have not been watching the market, the recent price spikes are showing that it is currently profitable to fold proteins and contribute to medical research! This is the "synergistic tipping point" of the scarcity of curecoin driving more research to be done for the profitable rewards all the while knowing that your computational cycles are not just burning electricity on random numbers. Speaking of scarcity, Curecoin will be 2 years old on May 10 2016, which will mark its halfway point to block halving.

Vorksholk just said he is anticipating being ready to launch the SigmaXcoin beta around midnight Eastern Standard time. I will be preparing for that, we will likely have a google hangout / skype chat group for people to join the "beta launch party". I also hope to have the first crowd sale test runs listed today.

Don't forget to join the curecoin community at https://www.curecoin.net/forum !

Cheers and happy folding  Smiley
Activity: 799
So, status update:

In the next ~24 hours, we're gonna release a testnet of SigmaX, which will be using a CPU-mined SHA256. I really like the idea of hard-drive mining, so I'm aiming to switch out the SHA256 to hard-drive mining for SigmaX's next testnet release. We'll do a bit of testing on this thread first, and when it seems ready we'll make a separate thread dedicated to SigmaX.

CC2 algo will stay the same, SHA256?

-tb-

No sha256 is for SigmaX testnet only, CC2.0 will use certificate system no Pow.
price fast up and fast down  , it's not good

Someone messed his pants too early.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
price fast up and fast down  , it's not good
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
So, status update:

In the next ~24 hours, we're gonna release a testnet of SigmaX, which will be using a CPU-mined SHA256. I really like the idea of hard-drive mining, so I'm aiming to switch out the SHA256 to hard-drive mining for SigmaX's next testnet release. We'll do a bit of testing on this thread first, and when it seems ready we'll make a separate thread dedicated to SigmaX.

CC2 algo will stay the same, SHA256?

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
very complictaed stuff that 2 coin solution
as i understajnd u wanted to keep miners and folders happy

so why not make just CC2 30% blocks POW blocks and 70% blocks folding blocks?

why two coins?

i think with such a solution u still can keep the non centralized solution fans happy

if u make only the POW part mechanic decide about the true chain

this way certificates used to secure injection of bad folding blocks

but the power about what is the true chain is still on POW and decentralized

update: regarding wasting energy and POW the way to create no additional waste is to use merged mining
this way no additional energy have to be burned

but i still think POW is just a bad choice

a block consensus like in NEM/XEM is ideal no waste of power
and none of pure POS flaws inside
in fact i think the most advances blockchain consence mechanism in existence

details u can find in whitepaper area "prove of importance"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7wAe2jt1MMzYVJhUUFnMHQxZ1U/view?pref=2&pli=1
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Following with interest. Smiley
such a shame someone had to go dump that price down...
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
This price move will bring a lot of new folder that is very good news Wink

lets hope we get a few whales interested in this coin and then 1/2 usd per coin is possible

Happy I stick to my guns... I was really close on giving up on this project, happy the dev prove me wrong...

Curecoin for the Win!!!
legendary
So, status update:

legendary
i'm against having CC1, SigmaX and CC1 holder only getting small portion and waiting for it forever in a slow distribution (we already waited for 2 years)
besides SigmaX and CC1 might devalue each other because they will need to share same marketcap
and then CC2 will devalue CC1 and SigmaX
we don't need 3 coins. we need one coin.
i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2) ?

and about open source. of course it must be open source even if someone fork it...
try to fork BTC, ETH, DASH.. you will probably not have their success with a fork
if someone want to fork it even gives your software more power. when its so good that other developers are using it

about 'boat missing' in every coin/asset/share/stock/whatever if not buying/mining when the price is low... it mean missing the train
and CURE is cheap for a long time
for any new curecoin coin related i would want 1:1 swap/snapshot... and upon release, without delay.. again we wait forever already and don't want to wait another forever Smiley

I haven't followed for a long time cure coin and to be honest I don't know where you guys stand. I just wanted to mention that because I really like the idea of Cure coin and I believe it is actually one of the few coins worth wasting electricity to mine if you guys for some reason decide to move from POW to POS I would consider moving to DPOS instead (Delegate Proof of Stake) and move your chain to Bitshares.

I think curecoin can benefit in many ways from integrating bitshares technology. Much less cost, more benefits, faster transactions. Maybe consider issuing a derivative asset in the bitshares blockchain such as bitCurecoin..Or if you want to raise funds for your project, IPO,ICO etc using bitshares is an easy and effective way.Just present your idea and plan in bitsharestalk forum, issue an User asset coin and ask for funding.You may be surprised by the positive responses..

Just some thoughts...

FLDC is doing something similar, but on Counterparty platform
(without any ICO for now...)

To clarify a few items: CC1 and CC2 coins are equivalent, neither network will be in any form of competition with the other, CC2 is just an extremely-involved hard-fork, and CC1 converts (and is burned in the process) to CC2.

So there are really two coins we are talking about: Curecoin and SigmaX. There shouldn't be a significant overlap between the two considering markets, since SigmaX is designed to close the hole in the market that CC2 leaves behind (decentralized PoW-based solution).

For CC2, all CC1 coins will be (at the holder's leisure) available for immediate, 1:1 conversion to CC2. The SigmaX idea is that, regardless of whether they are still holding coins on CC1 or have moved to CC2, they would receive SigmaX for holding their Curecoin on a weekly (?) basis for the payout period.

I agree--Ideally we'd just launch CC2, and have that be that. But since it isn't difficult work for someone to fork CC2 to create a PoW-based blockchain, and since there is market incentive to do so, it seems to be in Curecoin's best interest to be the provider of that inevitable PoW blockchain.

we don't need 3 coins. we need one coin.
i would prefer waiting and have CC2 only, swap 1:1 of CC1:CC2 and leave CC1 chain (after exchanges delist CC1 and list CC2)
I completely agree. I'm reading last two pages of this thread and still does not understanding why do we need a new cryptocurrency? I know everyone want get some bonus when he is just holding curecoin but I strongly doubt that it is worth doing some SigmaX.

It basically comes down to this: There's a fairly large portion of the cryptocurrency community who don't believe in the security assurances of a certificate blockchain, so they'll want a PoW-based chain. CC2 brings enough improvements and new technology that there's incentives for people to fork CC2, remove certificates, and add traditional PoW. Since someone will eventually do it, we figure that the Curecoin ecosystem mind as well benefit from it by creating the PoW-chain, giving a large portion of it to Curecoin holders, and using it to incentivize Curecoin folding for the distribution period.

Ideally we would just have Curecoin 2.0, but there's no way to "lock down" the code (especially in the spirit of open-source, trustworthy software), and the market incentives for a quantum-resistant, mini-blockchain PoW crypto would cause someone to make their own, at which point the Curecoin ecosystem doesn't benefit at all.

Glad to see this project is still alive and Curecoin 2.0 is on its way.  Smiley

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders. And rather than do some large premine (which might also cause disinterest/forking), just give the folders their share as the new SigmaX is created/mined.

It should definitely not take away from GPU power to mine the SigmaX (obviously), but if it takes CPU power I don't see that as a big deal. (Isn't all the folding done on GPUs? Or can some of the WUs only be done by CPUs for some reason?) And it would probably be good to avoid ASIC mining if you can since they are so wasteful and not to mention inaccessible to average joe, but I don't know what options would be left if you take away GPUs and possibly CPUs.

Just my 2 million satoshis. Take it for what you will.

Thanks! This is basically where we are at--large giveaway of SigmaX to Curecoin holders from some time-release mechanism (either time-locked transactions or a block subsidy system). Balancing the premine percentage is certainly important--too much and we turn the PoW crowd away to their own solution, too small and there's no reason to even develop SigmaX because it doesn't benefit the Curecoin ecosystem. We're entertaining the idea of a 1:1 payout for all circulating Curecoins, currently.

CPU power is a tough cookie to crack in such a way that GPUs aren't useful too. A lot of GPU-resistant hashing algorithms are memory-hard, but as GPUs evolve with faster RAM, this gap closes. As well, the best GPU-resistant algorithms I've seen essentially put GPUs and CPUs on equal computational footing, which results in people still using GPUs to mine (primary example: cryptonight). ASICs aren't great either... centralization, high-electrical usage, high cost-of-entry.

The only option we are left with without GPUs, CPUs, and ASICs would be hard-drive based mining (such as BURST), which is certainly a viable option.

wonder what time scale we're talking about now?

Initial release of SigmaX testnet (using CPU-bound SHA-256 initially) in the next 24 hours. Based on how that performs, we'll set a timeline for tidying up the shared code between the two currencies, and subsequent launch of cc2.0.
legendary
wonder what time scale we're talking about now?

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders.

With what is proposed thus far folders would receive SigmaX simply by keeping their curecoins from folding in a local wallet, by means of a block subsidy from SigmaX to be paid to curecoin holders weekly.
Activity: 430
Merit: 254

I see the reasoning behind the SigmaX, and just wanted to say (even though I don't own 10% of the Cure coins or anything) I think you should go ahead with it, and just give some % of it (maybe 10%-ish) to the people folding. It should be some % that is small enough that it doesn't turn people away/make someone fork it anyway, but still add incentive to/reward folders. And rather than do some large premine (which might also cause disinterest/forking), just give the folders their share as the new SigmaX is created/mined.

It should definitely not take away from GPU power to mine the SigmaX (obviously), but if it takes CPU power I don't see that as a big deal. (Isn't all the folding done on GPUs? Or can some of the WUs only be done by CPUs for some reason?) And it would probably be good to avoid ASIC mining if you can since they are so wasteful and not to mention inaccessible to average joe, but I don't know what options would be left if you take away GPUs and possibly CPUs.

Just my 2 million satoshis. Take it for what you will.
Pages:
Jump to: