Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 70. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Hey everyone, here's SigmaX Beta 2: http://1.curecoinmirror.com/sigmax/SigmaXTestnetBeta2.zip and source is also available both in the zip file and on github: https://github.com/Vorksholk/SigmaX

This release fixes the transaction generation code (you can now send transactions), block syncing code (fixed recursion bug with the block queue), and adds an equality test for transactions to eliminate invalid blocks created by network "reverb" where the same transaction gets included multiple times in a block.

As usual, let me know if you have any bugs. While the old testnet client v1 will work with the new daemon, a small modification was also made to the miner to fix the way it handles block formatting with transactions, so you need to use the updated miner as well. Source code for the client, daemon, and miner are all in the zip, Github only has the important code (the daemon).
legendary
how many coins are actual existing?
coinmarketcap show the premined folding pot included

is it around 7 million really existing now or more?

Back of napkin math is ~7 million curecoins in actual circulation.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
how many coins are actual existing?
coinmarketcap show the premined folding pot included

is it around 7 million really existing now or more?

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
ok looks like better back into laboratory with that code only have a few selected alpha testers

u scare people away with actual state of software

this open testnet now do more harm than good

any testing feedback u need like 20 selected tester can give u too

without losing reputation as happens now

normal crowd have difficulties to see a alpha testnet as what it is

i would only go open in  a very stable close to release beta  stage

Perhaps the term 'beta' should have been reserved for a more polished release, there's still fairly significant development before an actual launch of SigmaX, but we wanted to indicate the large reorganization of the core code since the latest cc2.0 alpha.

I appreciate that you are working on it. please continue so we can have a strong tech to offer
I think CC1 is still very undervalued. even when it was 5 cents USD for a very short time
legendary
Is there a maximum number of coins?

The PoW/Folding mintage schedule can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BY-ezmmVbooFwa3dzJZowpYmxEu9HgO2o5FeR7Evc-U/edit#gid=0. The maximum number of coins isn't a fixed quantity due to PoS, but the maximum float the network can reach anytime in the next decade hovers around 30m.
legendary
ok looks like better back into laboratory with that code only have a few selected alpha testers

Perhaps the term 'beta' should have been reserved for a more polished release, there's still fairly significant development before an actual launch of SigmaX, but we wanted to indicate the large reorganization of the core code since the latest cc2.0 alpha.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Is there a maximum number of coins?
Activity: 799

i would only go open in  a very stable close to release beta  stage

Why so critical it is only a beta test, the issue with sync as stated earlier is simply a need for a few more seed nodes. Imo there is no loss of reputation from the issues seen at the moment they are only simple and i'm sure they will be fixed soon. There has already been a few alpha tests of the CC2.0 code of which not many ppl participated in my eyes if anyone is to blame for the current state of the software it is the community for their lack of input to date on previous alpha tests.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

legendary
Sad to see the price hype didn't stick and more importantly Folding didn't increased, I guess a lot of more work are needed.

Only think that worries me is CC 2.0 doesn't add much to the table, so I'm not sure it will be enough to bring people to folding

Right now, the majority of viable high-end GPU mining power is pointed at Ethereum which has had over $17 million invested in it, along with recent Microsoft certification.

IMHO CC 2.0 / SigmaX, despite delays, both have the potential to bring a lot of unique features to crypto other blockchain technologies simply don't offer - beyond DCN research.

Staying diversified eliminates un-necessary anxiety :-)

and what is better than Folding@home with GPUs... ?
after Ethereum goes POS (if they ever do), or if GPU mining ETH stop being profitable... we might have more folders
IMHO only ASICs should secure a chain.
CPU miners will always have centralization of mining by Botnets/hackers/linux farms
GPU miners will always deal with GPU farms... so on

i know if i mined ethereum since its GPU mining started i could make a lot profit. with folding@home i think its more useful

I did see new folders joining the team, if you look at entire list.. some medium folders (~200k ppd) joined

about moving to POS 3. if we do it. we can set a static block reward
like 1 coin go to staker, 20 coins to dev's distribution wallet (calculate it to create daily distribution amount, and halve dev's part ever X years)
with lower staking time and no max time
this way we could burn the permine from of current distribution wallet (to send to counterparty style address) and stay on the same blockchain + make burning address tx rejected/banned in the coin's code

of course the DCN CA idea sounds nice once its ready. i think no university will want to mess with it. so curecoin's team will probably always need to be part of the distribution

about SigmaX... seems also very not-ready
blockchain database is actually a json text file ??
wallet can't sync past few blocks... (right now only block 32)
legendary
maybe lets just stay with CC1 ? its a good coin... and i love it as is:)
if its too outdated maybe we could fork to POS 3.0 ? (Blackcoin's code)
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Where is the active crowdsale ?

You can be a part of the crowd sale here
https://www.curecoin.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3902

Some further explanation on the crowd sale usage
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14276360

I still don't get it, this is for a different coin? SigmaXcoin? curecoin 2.0? Or simply for the normal curecoin?

10,000 curecoin on market now cost about 0.6 bitcoin. Here you are asking for 5 bitcoins (max) for the same 10,000 coins?

Yes you can buy them currently off an exchange for cheaper, there are some reasons stated in the 2nd post. Basically this is a chance to support curecoin and its endeavors while getting curecoins at the same time. That said, if you take another look at the markets you will see to buy 10k cure at once you will end up in the 8-9k sat range, and price has spiked to 20k sats with decent buy support. So all in all its a fair deal to also support coin development. If you are just looking for the cheapest price than by all means just browse the exchanges, thats what they are there for  Wink
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Where is the active crowdsale ?

You can be a part of the crowd sale here
https://www.curecoin.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3902

Some further explanation on the crowd sale usage
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14276360

I still don't get it, this is for a different coin? SigmaXcoin? curecoin 2.0? Or simply for the normal curecoin?

10,000 curecoin on market now cost about 0.6 bitcoin. Here you are asking for 5 bitcoins (max) for the same 10,000 coins?
CureCoin Lead Dev
CureCoin Lead Dev
Sad to see the price hype didn't stick and more importantly Folding didn't increased, I guess a lot of more work are needed.

Only think that worries me is CC 2.0 doesn't add much to the table, so I'm not sure it will be enough to bring people to folding

Unfortunately the only thing that will bring more folders is if/when the price gives a sufficient profit margin above that of what ever other coin is most profitable at the time. This goes back to an earlier post i made about the need to incentivize the work done for DCN's, whether that is achieved by DCN's becoming actively involved in supporting the price of curecoin to attract more people to the network or by some other means. One idea i did have which might be controversial, what if there was a fee either in $ or btc for issuing certificates on the CC2.0 network. For example a DCN could be licensed for a fee to issue x amount of certificates once all those certificates have been issued they would need to buy another license. The price of certificates could be done on a bidding system where by the amount of computational power a particular DCN would receive would be proportional to their bid and the bids of other DCN's. A dev fee could be deducted from proceeds of certificate auctions and the remainder would go directly to supporting the price of CC2.0.

This is an idea for CC2.0 that will be discussed with the team and kept for future possibilities... This is a good solution to an idea given to us by an AI dev ( the neureal project , check it out if you have not already ).

PM me your Curecoin address this kind of proactive thinking deserves a little tip!
when to the moon  Huh

Maybe after we get some rocket pics?Huh U cant go to the moon without a rocket right?!
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Likely not lol maybe its more of an idea of CC3.0   Cheesy
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Unfortunately the only thing that will bring more folders is if/when the price gives a sufficient profit margin above that of what ever other coin is most profitable at the time. This goes back to an earlier post i made about the need to incentivize the work done for DCN's, whether that is achieved by DCN's becoming actively involved in supporting the price of curecoin to attract more people to the network or by some other means. One idea i did have which might be controversial, what if there was a fee either in $ or btc for issuing certificates on the CC2.0 network. For example a DCN could be licensed for a fee to issue x amount of certificates once all those certificates have been issued they would need to buy another license. The price of certificates could be done on a bidding system where by the amount of computational power a particular DCN would receive would be proportional to their bid and the bids of other DCN's. A dev fee could be deducted from proceeds of certificate auctions and the remainder would go directly to supporting the price of CC2.0.

I think its a good idea but would any DCN's be ready to do that?

Pages:
Jump to: