Pages:
Author

Topic: |ANN| DAS - Decentralized and Secure. Private Send. Masternodes. - page 88. (Read 153952 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
I've re-read through some of the ANN, joined the Slack, and read up on this coin.  The community so far has been great.  

I'm terrible at setting up nodes in Linux (total n00b at it) and a couple of them really helped me out.  I haven't finished setting up the nodes yet, mainly because I've gotten to a point in the Linux guide and got stuck again . . but I'm still holding enough for 3 nodes.  I really want to get this started but the setup is proving difficult.  I get it that it sucks to help people who don't know Linux how to set things up . . but if we want more people to come to the coin, invest, and set up MN's . . . they won't come if there aren't easy to follow instructions.  I'm just a goofy Windows user y'all, don't hate on my style  Grin

That being said, I will most likely try again in a few days.  Has there been any talk about doing a "dumbed down" version of the MN guide?  Or . . if anyone has any other documents that would help me, I'm willing to look at them.  I seriously tried for like 5 hours to get em set . . . and then I realized I have to do 3  Grin

From what I see, the community is holding the coin together.  And that's ok . . . but the dev needs to be active as well.  I've told people in other Slacks about this coin.  I think with continued community support, active dev, this coin has excellent potential.  
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
People always seem to lose faith because the coin doesn't hit $100 in a week or if the Dev has been MIA for a short period of time . Good things take time plus we're all just human.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I feel sorry for those investing large sum into this. . . chances are, you might cry later.

The dev is not responsive enough to be worth investing in this. . .  period.

I do have still faith on this coin. Ok...the dev made a mistake in one x coin, he might have taken that mistake as a lesson and developed this project in the best way, which is very clear from the hard work  he did in DAS website. I do have trust on my faith, indeed....

dev didnt make the webisite - community member did.
same for the logo

all dev has done recently is deploy an updated wallet and daemon that caused a fork for a couple days.

The Community has almost the same responsibilities as the Dev. At the end of the day we're all responsible for the price of DAS as well.

With that being said. Sure the Dev could talk to people all day but he's managed to be there when we need him.as long as the community grows and people pull their weight. Then the price can only go up!

Seems like a healthy community - respecting and acknowledging each other.
Will contribute my part. Lets bring this coin up together.
Activity: 18
I feel sorry for those investing large sum into this. . . chances are, you might cry later.

I do have still faith on this coin. Ok...the dev made a mistake in one x coin, he might have taken that mistake as a lesson and developed this project in the best way, which is very clear from the hard work  he did in DAS website. I do have trust on my faith, indeed....

same for the logo

all dev has done recently is deploy an updated wallet and daemon that caused a fork for a couple days.

The Community has almost the same responsibilities as the Dev. At the end of the day we're all responsible for the price of DAS as well.

With that being said. Sure the Dev could talk to people all day but he's managed to be there when we need him.as long as the community grows and people pull their weight. Then the price can only go up!
Activity: 196

same for the logo

Yep. . . more like it. In fact it created more problem/issues.

If not for the community. . . I doubt this coin will survive for long.

The success of a coin does not rely solely on the community, the dev has a huge part in it too.  

I will come clear, he is doing a freaking terrible job so far.
Activity: 10

same for the logo

Thank you for correcting me. Though i do not know much about technical aspects, i havefollowed it from the begining and have faith in this community and coin.  Smiley
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

same for the logo

Activity: 10

Activity: 196

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
site was hacked?
I have read this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-powposx13-cryptooin-peer-to-peer-ryptocurrency-1912728  Secondly, this is DAS? name from the DasCoin Digital Asset System. WHY? the same?

Can OP explain this?

It was first bad attempt Cheesy
Activity: 115
I have read this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-powposx13-cryptooin-peer-to-peer-ryptocurrency-1912728  Secondly, this is DAS? name from the DasCoin Digital Asset System. WHY? the same?

Can OP explain this?
Activity: 38
my masternode has been running for over 48 hours but still no payment.

what happen with site?
Activity: 23
How many coins you get on one vps masternode?

I got about 3,40 coins per 10 hours, i think its a little bit low.
Activity: 36
Do you have a guide for starting a masternode using a VPS?

i have written one, need to fix format and will release then.
for now you can go to website, there is the best tutorial, there are lots of others, but many fail on delivering all details.
the guide from website should get your node up: https://www.dascrypto.com/

Thank you for response - but I don't think the website even mentions a VPS?  Am I wrong?  The windows guide is nice but that it only for running a MN through your PC...meaning you'll have to have it running 24/7.  Or am I mistaken?  Sorry, I'm a novice.

u want the linux guide

Thank you - but every word of that linux guide is written for a computer programmer.  It is nothing close to usable for a novice, which is fine.  It's likely this stuff is just not for a novice....but I would think a step-by-step guide that the average person could follow would help your cause as a whole. 

No big deal, I don't need to set up a MN...I was just interested.  Thanks anyway.

Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

i need to change something on my Asus RT-AC87U Router?

yes you need to open the port in your router
most router can be managed via web interface

Code:
ipconfig
will also give you the gateway ip, this is your router and you can call the ip in your webbrowsers address bar.
for login information consult the backside of your router. the ip should be there too.

once you are logged in you need open the tcp port for the ip4 address where your node is running.
it should be under "internet" and "port forwarding" never used asus router
but it should be easy to find, also there must be a million tutorials out there on how to open a port
good luck

kw31 #deeponion c113w587/07
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
Do you have a guide for starting a masternode using a VPS?

i have written one, need to fix format and will release then.
for now you can go to website, there is the best tutorial, there are lots of others, but many fail on delivering all details.
the guide from website should get your node up: https://www.dascrypto.com/

Thank you for response - but I don't think the website even mentions a VPS?  Am I wrong?  The windows guide is nice but that it only for running a MN through your PC...meaning you'll have to have it running 24/7.  Or am I mistaken?  Sorry, I'm a novice.

u want the linux guide
Activity: 20
anybody know what i am doing wrong?

Not capable masternode: Could not connect to 62.238.79.24:9399

This usually means the port 9399 is not open on your router / computer.  Open the port on your router using the port forwarding function and go here and check http://ping.eu/port-chk/  to check again.

yes it said it is blocked.
but i did what they say on the https://www.dascrypto.com/das-technologies/masternodes/windows-guide/
than why its not working?
i need to change something on my Asus RT-AC87U Router?

9. press WINDOWS BUTTON+R, this will bring up a “Run” menu

10. Enter “cmd” into the box and press enter. You will be presented with a console command window.

11. In this console, enter “ipconfig”, you will get something like this:

12. The IPv4 address under your ETHERNET ADAPTER will be your MASTERNODEADDR. Copy it down.

13. Go here http://whatismyipaddress.com/

14. This will show your EXTERNAL IP or OUTWARD-FACING IP, copy it down

15. Press WINDOWS+R again, enter “wf.msc”

16. This will open your windows firewall settings, on the left tab there will be “Incoming Rules” and “Outgoing Rules”, you must click on one and you will see an “Actions” tab on the right, the first being “New rule..”, click on that and you will be presented with a wizard to create a new rule for connections.

17. Click on PORT->Next

18. TCP/UDP – Here we are going to create one for each for outgoing/incoming rules for a total of 4 rules (inbound TCP 9399, inbound UDP 9399, outbound TCP 9399, outbound UDP 9399)

19. Under “Specific Ports” enter 9399->Next

20. Allow all connections for All 4 Rules

21. Close wallet, go to your windows file explorer (open a folder). Type %appdata% into the address bar, navigate to the “Das” folder. Your location should read “\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Das”

22. In this folder there is a file titled das.conf, open it and enter this:
Activity: 20
my wallet has been syncing since hours now and stuck at 0 hous left.. anybody with the same issue?
should i just let it sync until it eventually finishes?

Thanks

yes me to just close the wallet and start it again and it wil sync
Pages:
Jump to: