Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total - page 29. (Read 116368 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
So far this coin seems to be pretty good. The only issue is that so much of the hashpower is concentrated at one pool. I would like to set up a p2pool, but not quite sure where to start. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
The thing im missing is how to calculate the subsidy function because of the random super blocks.. If you know that, i can make a p2pool node for Diamond coin.
Activity: 588
Network hashrate: 43 mh/s

DMDpool hashrate: 36.8 mh/s

Undecided

I don't suppose my pathetic 1.2 mh/s I'm solo mining with is going to do much........

depends on what you want Wink i'am still mining solo with 1.5 Mh/s and got about 34 DMD in 24 hours i don't know what pool mining would have give me, but i dont like pools so much because of some bad experiences in the past. (no offence for the good pools out there)

wow that's pretty good for solo with 1.5Mh/s, I have similar hash power, I'll try the same...
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Undecided

I don't suppose my pathetic 1.2 mh/s I'm solo mining with is going to do much........

depends on what you want Wink i'am still mining solo with 1.5 Mh/s and got about 34 DMD in 24 hours i don't know what pool mining would have give me, but i dont like pools so much because of some bad experiences in the past. (no offence for the good pools out there)
Activity: 65
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
So far this coin seems to be pretty good. The only issue is that so much of the hashpower is concentrated at one pool. I would like to set up a p2pool, but not quite sure where to start. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Activity: 588
I can't do solo mining, too slow
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
Solo for me has been alright up until now. Switched to pool to compare for a day or two.
What price should DMD start at when it goes on cryptsy? I am excited about this one more than others for some reason. Hopefully it will be one of the few big cryptos in the future.
what's your hashrate?
Activity: 65
Solo for me has been alright up until now. Switched to pool to compare for a day or two.
What price should DMD start at when it goes on cryptsy? I am excited about this one more than others for some reason. Hopefully it will be one of the few big cryptos in the future.
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
nearly the entire network seems to be in the diamondcoin.miningpool.co pool hehe.

Cheesy yea, not so many people have resources to do solo mining with high difficulty coins :-) I am one of them :-)

I wouldnt really consider 0.559 high difficulty but i may be daft? lol

for most, solo is too slow at 0.559
Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
nearly the entire network seems to be in the diamondcoin.miningpool.co pool hehe.

Cheesy yea, not so many people have resources to do solo mining with high difficulty coins :-) I am one of them :-)

I wouldnt really consider 0.559 high difficulty but i may be daft? lol
Activity: 84

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Oh just found that bitbar was trading 1bitbar = 20 bitcoins in May Cheesy untill people started talking that there is quite big premine Cheesy

Yeah it was insanely high.

BTB also had pools stealing coins if I remember correctly, and there was like only 1 pool available.

Yes it is in the code (max money).
There was no premine in BTB, the difficulty just started out way to low which led to many BTB (almost 2K of the 4.3K outstanding) being mined the first few days.  This is why the price plummeted on the exchange as people went to unload their large mining score of the rare coin.  Only the first few sellers made a lot since the price dropped off quickly and the low diff glut of BTB can be had cheaply now.  This will work itself out as time goes on since it was a small percentage of the total BTB (0.4%).  I like most of the POS coins that have come out so far and DMD also seems to be well made.

I don't want to offend or anything, I like BTB at this point (yes I have them too), but let's be fair:
- There was 60 block premine by one of testers and coin creator admitted it, those 60 coins were sold for more than 1 BTC, later they were bought back and given to first exchange.

I guess you are right, but it was not designed by the devs and the guy lost money on his accidental premine. (he had to buy them back at a higher price)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2028446

Sorry to divert the thread too much, back to DMD

We need to learn from past problems, so no prob in discussing other coins a little bit.

Anyway! hopefully we will have exchange soon. OP of this topic seams to be quiet person, but I hope he is working on something :-)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Oh just found that bitbar was trading 1bitbar = 20 bitcoins in May Cheesy untill people started talking that there is quite big premine Cheesy

BTB also had pools stealing coins if I remember correctly, and there was like only 1 pool available.

There was no premine in BTB, the difficulty just started out way to low which led to many BTB (almost 2K of the 4.3K outstanding) being mined the first few days.  This is why the price plummeted on the exchange as people went to unload their large mining score of the rare coin.  Only the first few sellers made a lot since the price dropped off quickly and the low diff glut of BTB can be had cheaply now.  This will work itself out as time goes on since it was a small percentage of the total BTB (0.4%).  I like most of the POS coins that have come out so far and DMD also seems to be well made.

I don't want to offend or anything, I like BTB at this point (yes I have them too), but let's be fair:
- There was 60 block premine by one of testers and coin creator admitted it, those 60 coins were sold for more than 1 BTC, later they were bought back and given to first exchange.

I guess you are right, but it was not designed by the devs and the guy lost money on his accidental premine. (he had to buy them back at a higher price)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2028446

Sorry to divert the thread too much, back to DMD

There was no premine in BTB, the difficulty just started out way to low which led to many BTB (almost 2K of the 4.3K outstanding) being mined the first few days.  This is why the price plummeted on the exchange as people went to unload their large mining score of the rare coin.  Only the first few sellers made a lot since the price dropped off quickly and the low diff glut of BTB can be had cheaply now.  This will work itself out as time goes on since it was a small percentage of the total BTB (0.4%).  I like most of the POS coins that have come out so far and DMD also seems to be well made.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

There was no premine in BTB, the difficulty just started out way to low which led to many BTB (almost 2K of the 4.3K outstanding) being mined the first few days.  This is why the price plummeted on the exchange as people went to unload their large mining score of the rare coin.  Only the first few sellers made a lot since the price dropped off quickly and the low diff glut of BTB can be had cheaply now.  This will work itself out as time goes on since it was a small percentage of the total BTB (0.4%).  I like most of the POS coins that have come out so far and DMD also seems to be well made.
Yeah... I hope that cryptsy adds the coin in the future... in my opinion, DMD should be worth more because there are only 4.38 mil Smiley

You have a point, it's 5x less coins total than bitcoin will have .. I guess we should go for 1 DMD = 5 BTC Cheesy

To be correct... 4,7945205479452054794520547945205 Grin ...

at that price we probably will be drunk and will not care anymore Cheesy
Activity: 809
Merit: 1008
Yeah... I hope that cryptsy adds the coin in the future... in my opinion, DMD should be worth more because there are only 4.38 mil Smiley

You have a point, it's 5x less coins total than bitcoin will have .. I guess we should go for 1 DMD = 5 BTC Cheesy

To be correct... 4,7945205479452054794520547945205 Grin ...
Activity: 98

Pages:
Jump to: