Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer - page 2. (Read 50037 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

There is nothing wrong in having PoS function, at any time.

where from the support for it will come to pool software?

if we activate pos 1% now and have soon xy% pos wouldnt u call us thief of ur coinage u lost on 1% pos?

we will start with at least 2 pools supporting new algo and expect more comming soon
legendary
timeframe is weeks not months

latest and more detailed infos u read at

http://www.dmdcoin.net/forum/
Activity: 393
Merit: 250

and i want much more small and medium shareholder

This only happens if there is a consistency in promising things and delivering. Like for example, promising PoS will start "any day now" and it actually starting.

There is nothing wrong in having PoS function, at any time. It auto-adjusts in fact and if properly configured will never prevent hashing miners from discovering new coins.

There are so many coins to hash right now, that any "small and medium shareholder" will likely have to make choice where to mine. There is very much other incentive, than stability which is function of promises made and achieved.

groestl isnt a cryptocoin construkt its a serious cryptografic algo for multi purpose
beeing able to utilized in many hardware/ software enviroments
fast hashrate to secure network without security riscs

The way I read this is that someone has got access to "fast" hardware/software that does this wonderful and not so widespread algorithm and they hope to be able to mine DMD at good rate, without risking being outpaced by others any time soon.
Things like this only reduce the value of cryptocurencies, not increase it.

Then, how are mining pools supposed to function with this new algorithm changes? Where from the support for it will come to pool software?
Not saying impossible, but it again limits choice, thus competition, and therefore makes the "small and medium shareholders" just go away.
legendary
pool is in maintainance mode
admin is working to fix all troubles
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish
Who is running dmdpool ? They never answer to an email.
legendary
please try to vote at least 5 times 5 votes each day
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
ctrl+f dmd
thx for ur help
legendary
What means AROUND 500000 ? Is it under or above ?

our new coin rollout concept have not block based triggers but total coin based triggers

so i cant say exact at which block the trigger will be activated just estimate

and we didnt write the first trigger in stone it deepends when new wallet is done and how many weeks promotion we wana give the relaunch

so i said around block 500000 and i wont give more exact number for now

but i can leak u another info

mining algo will be changed to groestl  Shocked

so maybe this geforce 750 ti look more sexy than ever now......

but dont worry gefore groestl advantage will not last long optimized amd miner will apear

nvidia/amd will at the end have similar performance

part of crazy powersaving will be lost with optimized mining software

groestl isnt a mixup of as many algos as possible which create more security riscs and performamce troubles than a single algowe will see x11 x13 xy99 algos poping out like mushrooms

groestl isnt a cryptocoin construkt its a serious cryptografic algo for multi purpose
beeing able to utilized in many hardware/ software enviroments
fast hashrate to secure network without security riscs
and a few more months broad coin distribution without asic owner get all the diamonds
this  was our reason to choose groestl

so that was another part of new diamond coin specs
not released to create a hype but to give loyal followers a chance
plan forward

main mesage if u wana mine dmd dont buy a scrypt asics
DMDPOOL has a display failure, I hope that's only a display failure.
What means AROUND 500000 ? Is it under or above ?
legendary
dont use this bootstrap dat until we tested it and confirm its working without harming!

update: this is not from dmd dev team and we dont support it
use at own risc
we stronhky suggest to not use tools with your wallet that not coming from coin devs
Activity: 129
Merit: 102
Diamondcoin Bootstrap.dat

bootstrap.dat

bootstrap.dat allows a new Diamondcoin client (not synced) to rapidly import the initial blocks from a
local file instead of slowly downloading blocks from random peers. This significantly reduces the
time it takes to get a client synced with the current blockchain.

Simply having bootstrap.dat in Diamondcoin's expected data directory will make your initial block sync
much faster. The import process can be even faster if you use the -dbcache=1000 command line
parameter which uses an additional 1GB of RAM for the database index cache.

Extracting the bootstrap.dat.xz

Regardless of your operating system, use the following steps to make use of the bootstrap.dat file:

1.   Download bootstrap.dat.xz from mirrors or torrent.
2.   Decompress the bootstrap.dat.
3.   Put it into the Diamondcoin datadir. "%appdata%/diamond" / "~/.diamond"
         (This is the same folder that contains wallet.dat and the blocks folder.)
4.   Delete bootstrap.dat.old if you want to recover some storage space.

Diamondcoin Data Folder

Linux
Code:
xz -d bootstrap.dat.xz
Diamondcoin's data directory is located in ~/.diamond/ by default. You can run ls -a to see
directories that start with a period. You can also search for the directory with the following
command:
Code:
find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null

Mac
You can obtain xz from MacPorts or http://macpkg.sourceforge.net/.
Diamondcoin's data directory should be located in ~/Library/Application Support/diamond/.

Windows
7Zip is a free utility that can decompress .xz files, so does the latest version of WinRAR.

Click on Start then Run (or press WinKey+R) and type:
Code:
explorer %APPDATA%\diamond
Diamondcoin's data directory will open. "AppData" and "Application Data" are hidden by default in
Windows.

Copy bootstrap.dat to data directory

Copy the bootstrap.dat to your data directory. Load the Diamondcoin client and wait for it to load the
blocks. After loading is complete, the bootstrap.dat will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old at which
point you can choose to delete it.

GoogleD - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3NalaCIrQrcmE2OUNKazNLX2s
Torrent - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3NalaCIrQrZ2lNQjFJdGxjRkE

E-nautia Mirror - http://e-nautia.com/jon.marshall/disk/bootstrap/diamondcoin/bootstrap.dat.xz
E-nautia Direct - https://e-nautia.com/disk/download.php?id=5450784

Diamond Donations Address: dSw6Y1ah1zxMuzTP93ABKrYPFxCjq9fD9u

What means AROUND 500000 ? Is it under or above ? How do you estimate number and size of holders ? 500000 is so far.
legendary
what is the PoS % changing too? don't keep it a secret there is no need for that. Telling people to just buy DMD without telling them what the PoS will be changed to is sleezy.

it doesnt change flat to a value it will replace a part of pow coin rollout and starting with very high pos rewards and slow reduce back down to 1% once we close to coin max

the final stepping icant announce eithout limit us to this announcement

please understand we want to deliver what we promote

so we start promotion once we 100% sure  that its the same we will deliver

our coin had no premine

we still have team member who wana fill their wallet with cheap dmd

basical for us lower dmd value is better

we know times will come when the  stream of autoselling miners on cryptsy will run dry

and i really have no interest to artifical raise dmd value by spread rumors

but why i spread rumors then?

to attract more people

i want more dmd shareholder

sadly for now whales buying up cheap dmd and prepare

and i want much more small and medium shareholder

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Thank you! I appreciate the way you guys are actively addressing questions/concerns with dmd with an eye toward improving it. I'll keep an eye on out for when you guys get PoS fixed.
legendary

In ONE word(or less) can anyone tell me if DMD is currently providing PoS payouts? If I purchase DMD in the next 5 mins is there a > 0% chance that the coins I bought will stake 8 days from today?

no
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
And about the POS ? Is it a POS coin or not ? I think to set the existing features could be cool before to think about changing something (as X11 switch), without a solid foundation, a building is fragile, but maybe this is a bad idea I dunno, I just wish to know if it is POS or not ?

its now by design 1% pos and it will soon (goal around block 500000) switch a part of coin rollout also into increased POS
after the coinrollout is finished it will return to 1% POS

I keep checking into this thread to try to answer some fundamental questions about dmd and I have yet to see anything definitive. The above quoted exchange is another example.

In ONE word(or less) can anyone tell me if DMD is currently providing PoS payouts? If I purchase DMD in the next 5 mins is there a > 0% chance that the coins I bought will stake 8 days from today?
legendary
fresh on mintpal voting and allready  over 700 soon 1000 votes
ctrl+f and search dmd

thx for ur support please let this go on and to be on top sooner ot later is certain

thx for your continous support
legendary
legendary
fresh on mintpal voting and allready over 700 votes
ctrl+f and search dmd

thx for ur support please let this go on and to be on top sooner ot later is certain
legendary
fresh on mintpal voting and allready over 500 votes
ctrl+f and search dmd

we hack and slash our way upwards throught crapcoins

thats impresive because we have no urgend need for a marketplace
with cryptsy we are allready on one of the best

but im still curious if beeing traded on mintpal too have any effect

lets find out together and lets spend each day the time for st least 5x5 votest

if u cant vote because no trades at mintpal just mine a coin tradet there and sell it
there even cpu mineable coins u can sell there so have no mining gpu s no excuse
Pages:
Jump to: