Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer - page 6. (Read 50037 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
I have archived the old block chain etc and here is the last block from debug.log:

03/13/14 21:23:56 received block 00000000693c85858ae0
03/13/14 21:23:56 SetBestChain: new best=00000000693c85858ae0  height=322480  tr
ust=34413680427  date=03/13/14 21:23:44
03/13/14 21:23:56 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

The old client was 1.0.2.

What I did was to delete the old block chain and download again...
The wallet seems to have the same amount now, but doesn't seem to initiate any PoS

So are you saying we might have an incompatible fork now?

EDIT: I have successfully updated some 1.0.3 wallets to 1.0.4, so it might be some issue with 1.0.2 to 1.0.4? Neither wallet does PoS now, even though they have coins since December 2013 in there.

Code:
Hash: 00000000693c85858ae0e701b0810bd0d13828a6a8b93052baf6cc4f5a8cbe3b
Previous Block: 0000000018bd7b0d3e02e1e2b2fb1b4fadba70e346dbe91d49b9112c2eadca96
Next Block: 000000005bce924838e20d0c14e4ee3b50cfcd29fb77203dd442c79b237ec096
Height: 322480
Version: 4
Transaction Merkle Root: 380e752bbd9d9c9c81153a81f60de2aafc8b0d0bce3b5baa419c08316aa72f8c

Yes this looks correct, PoS is not turned on just yet, but soon, so keep your coins ready.

1.03 was just fixing connectivity and newer CPs . I'll send a PM
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
I have archived the old block chain etc and here is the last block from debug.log:

03/13/14 21:23:56 received block 00000000693c85858ae0
03/13/14 21:23:56 SetBestChain: new best=00000000693c85858ae0  height=322480  tr
ust=34413680427  date=03/13/14 21:23:44
03/13/14 21:23:56 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

The old client was 1.0.2.

What I did was to delete the old block chain and download again...
The wallet seems to have the same amount now, but doesn't seem to initiate any PoS

So are you saying we might have an incompatible fork now?

EDIT: I have successfully updated some 1.0.3 wallets to 1.0.4, so it might be some issue with 1.0.2 to 1.0.4? Neither wallet does PoS now, even though they have coins since December 2013 in there.
legendary
Tried to update one walled to 1.0.4 and god this:

03/13/14 21:26:17 Loading block index...
03/13/14 21:30:00 ERROR: CTxDB::LoadBlockIndex() : Failed stake modifier checkpoint height=197195, modifier=0xa4f3e3edb95cc5cf
Diamond: Error loading blkindex.dat
03/13/14 21:30:00 Diamond: Error loading blkindex.dat

Any ideas?

Ok that is the block with the last major fork fix, will look into it now.

Have you been fully synced before and on the correct block ie 322502 ish?

You may be on the fork

Please go console > debug and type and compare result

Code:
getblockhash 197195

0000000084b876ebf50e0dc4de343c956f62c726d1a85b8fe9bb37d2056120f2
Activity: 393
Tried to update one walled to 1.0.4 and god this:

03/13/14 21:26:17 Loading block index...
03/13/14 21:30:00 ERROR: CTxDB::LoadBlockIndex() : Failed stake modifier checkpoint height=197195, modifier=0xa4f3e3edb95cc5cf
Diamond: Error loading blkindex.dat
03/13/14 21:30:00 Diamond: Error loading blkindex.dat

Any ideas?
Activity: 434
So everyone here is what i can tell you exclusively from my pools experience and not from real code analysis.

To "disable" PoS, the only way I could find with the help of Palmdetroit, was to add a config option to .conf file that will reserve an amount to be available all the time, thus it wont get into stake, meaning that if reserve all our balance, we won't stake and so disabling PoS minting on our client.
You just have to add this line to the .conf file where you set rpc username and pass, server, listen, etc. And restart your client.

Code:
reservebalance=9999999

the "9999999" is just a big number, any number greater than your balance will do, normally i go a few millions high but just below max coins just to be safe.

I will get a full valid .conf file and post it here so you can use it as a guide.

TL;DR

To disable PoS Minting on your client
  • Add this line to the end of your .conf file:
Code:
reservebalance=9999999
  • Restart your client.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Looking forward to PoS. I don't hold many other than what I've mined, so it should be interesting seeing a PoS coin firsthand.
Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation
PSA
I have been asked by user PopShot to enable Checkpoints which will enable PoS.

What this means to DMD:
This will resolve the error messages and allow PoS to resume.
PopShot has generated a CP key, known only to him.
Check-pointing apparently was never enabled in DMD since release so this may cause some issues when PoS is turned on
Potential issues can be reduced or avoided with everyone updating to newest wallet/client/ (to be posted soon!)

It's recommended pools and exchanges turn of PoS using the reservebalance or other method during this transition(pool op Minar can elaborate).

I confirm the above information.
legendary
PSA
I have been asked by user PopShot to enable Checkpoints which will enable PoS.

What this means to DMD:
This will resolve the error messages and allow PoS to resume.
PopShot has generated a CP key, known only to him.
Check-pointing apparently was never enabled in DMD since release so this may cause some issues when PoS is turned on
Potential issues can be reduced or avoided with everyone updating to newest wallet/client/ (to be posted soon!)

It's recommended pools and exchanges turn of PoS using the reservebalance or other method during this transition(pool op Minar can elaborate).

CEO Diamond Foundation

i know one guy that was holding 5k, dunno know what he did with those

yeah i'm a speculator, i'm speculating on every coin, usually i end up doing well

5k out of total of over 4 million doesn't make that person a whale. This coin wasn't premined nor instamined and since its original release no reward had been halved. I see no wrong in someone buing in while cheap,  the market is open 24/7 to anyone and anyone can make the same decision. Some don't and then bitch about it. Just let the strongest coin survive.

There's nothing wrong with speculating, I used to do it all the time but found this too time consuming. If you're good at it then good for you Smiley Just Diamond is not the best coin for speculation, high volume coins are way better with consistent returns.
CEO Diamond Foundation
Go to cryptsy and you can see both "bright futures" the coin had.

Yeah yeah I  get your argument which had already been answered in the previous post.  

This? are u 4 real?

Are u? He's making a valid point while you bring nothing but unstructive criticism.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
no, was a shitty coin anyway, revived one are always like that, some big stackholder want to dump and try desperately to revive it

Woow.. I'm blown away by your thorough analysis and deep knowledge of the subject. I'm sure you went through Block Explorer and identified all those big stakeholders so desperately wanting to dump and I'm also sure you have access to developers area so you know exactly what's going on.

By the language you use I'm pretty convinced you are a speculator and possibly a troll. Sorry to break it to you,  but Diamond is a deposit coin and not so great for quick buck speculation. ;(

i know one guy that was holding 5k, dunno now what he did with those

yeah i'm a speculator, i'm speculating on every coin, usually i end up doing well
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
That's  not the situation here.

I really like your comment Smiley  it's funny indeed.

However, by referring to price of DMD from August you've just proven you have not that much experience of how things in cryptos work -  either that or you've never paid close enough attention to the market -  for sure though you don't know history of this coin. I could give you countless (metaphorically speaking) examples of coins increasing in value just after the launch and crashing afterwards.. Situation from August has nothing to do with what's going on now. If you haven't noticed Diamond coin had been reactivated in December so it's a new start for it. In November Diamond was virtually dead and worth almost nothing so maybe lets compare more appropriate periods of its evolution to say something about its bright future.
ONE of the reasons the price we currently have is a result of constant PoW mining and miners selling on automatic on cryptsy. It's a constant suppression which has consequences. PoS is disabled at the moment but we should see a steady surge once its improved version is activated. There are other things that influence price but I see no point in explaining it here.

It did took a while to assemble a competent team who will push the project forward. All I can say here are the same words digicoin has used.

I'm sure you will now come up with some smart comment on how you know all this and that,  but the time will prove none of that matters.. Diamond will shine regardless.

Go to cryptsy and you can see both "bright futures" the coin had. First spike in August and the second one around December , that had more to do with bitcoin than the actual coin.
What I can see from the start of the year , continuous decline.

Digicoin:

Woman friendly

Woman and shopping: yes. You know what I am saying. 4.5 billion people. And other 4.5 billion want to make woman happy

DMD is woman friendly: requires no energy if she wants, beautiful name, luxury and precious feeling that woman loves. Woman love collecting things that are precious right? Also, woman likes things that represent love. Remember: diamond engagement ring. No altcoin can do it better than DMD

This? are u 4 real?

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Diamond - what's a nice name  Smiley
CEO Diamond Foundation
no, was a shitty coin anyway, revived one are always like that, some big stackholder want to dump and try desperately to revive it

Woow.. I'm blown away by your thorough analysis and deep knowledge of the subject. I'm sure you went through Block Explorer and identified all those big stakeholders so desperately wanting to dump and I'm also sure you have access to developers area so you know exactly what's going on.

By the language you use I'm pretty convinced you are a speculator and possibly a troll. Sorry to break it to you,  but Diamond is a deposit coin and not so great for quick buck speculation. ;(
CEO Diamond Foundation

I really like your comment Smiley  it's funny indeed.

However, by referring to price of DMD from August you've just proven you have not that much experience of how things in cryptos work -  either that or you've never paid close enough attention to the market -  for sure though you don't know history of this coin. I could give you countless (metaphorically speaking) examples of coins increasing in value just after the launch and crashing afterwards.. Situation from August has nothing to do with what's going on now. If you haven't noticed Diamond coin had been reactivated in December so it's a new start for it. In November Diamond was virtually dead and worth almost nothing so maybe lets compare more appropriate periods of its evolution to say something about its bright future.
ONE of the reasons the price we currently have is a result of constant PoW mining and miners selling on automatic on cryptsy. It's a constant suppression which has consequences. PoS is disabled at the moment but we should see a steady surge once its improved version is activated. There are other things that influence price but I see no point in explaining it here.

It did took a while to assemble a competent team who will push the project forward. All I can say here are the same words digicoin has used.

I'm sure you will now come up with some smart comment on how you know all this and that,  but the time will prove none of that matters.. Diamond will shine regardless.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I believe that if we work together to promote Diamond, we finally recognize that Diamond is the best altcoin, best investment.

I can be wrong. Ten thousands of Bitcoin traders, miners in 2011 and 2012 could be wrong. Lot of people said them wrong and stupid. But in 2013, who is wrong?

3 months later , how does that sound?

this guy seems me 2.0  Cheesy

"only invited user bla bla", gratz another scam coin

Nice first impression you had about the coin! Did it change?

in defi we trust
I believe that if we work together to promote Diamond, we finally recognize that Diamond is the best altcoin, best investment.

I can be wrong. Ten thousands of Bitcoin traders, miners in 2011 and 2012 could be wrong. Lot of people said them wrong and stupid. But in 2013, who is wrong?

this guy seems me 2.0  Cheesy

"only invited user bla bla", gratz another scam coin

Nice first impression you had about the coin! Did it change?
in defi we trust

Dear Diamond Community!

We've been added to CoinPayments infrastructure.

For those who are not sure what CoinPayments is about, it’s a Multi Crypto Coin Payment Processing service that allows online traders incorporate digital money payments with ease.

Now, it gives us ability to spend Diamonds on goods and services!

The current list of merchants accepting Diamond can be found on our forum:
http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,7.0.html

Please remember, that list is only going to get longer, with our aim to exchange Diamonds for gold and silver.

Hold on Community, we are here for a ride!

I keep adding a few diamonds to the collection now and then. I like the name... who can have a crypto portfolio without diamonds in.

CoinPayments.net will be shutting down effective March 31, 2014. For more information see this page.
in defi we trust
Your sarcasm sounds like someone who sees the present but doesn't see the future. Fair judgement of today's situation but poor judgement of our commitment, potential and coming development. Can't blame you for your opinion on what you see at the moment but at the same time doesn't feel right to undermine someone else's by making a comment like that.

The coin had a somewhat bright future , if i can see that without being ironic =))) , but it failed miserably.
August 0.005  March 0.0005 , indeed , bright future.

Wait , a new page needs to be turned in the history of the coin.... because it's on page two on coinmarketcap =))))))

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Dear Diamond Community!

We've been added to CoinPayments infrastructure.

For those who are not sure what CoinPayments is about, it’s a Multi Crypto Coin Payment Processing service that allows online traders incorporate digital money payments with ease.

Now, it gives us ability to spend Diamonds on goods and services!

The current list of merchants accepting Diamond can be found on our forum:
http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,7.0.html

Please remember, that list is only going to get longer, with our aim to exchange Diamonds for gold and silver.

Hold on Community, we are here for a ride!

I keep adding a few diamonds to the collection now and then. I like the name... who can have a crypto portfolio without diamonds in.
Pages:
Jump to: