Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 76. (Read 450263 times)

legendary
Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000
#3 tomorow?
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Does anybody know how to move XDN blockchain folder to the other disk on Windows? The command "-datadir=" doesn't work - the wallet just refuses to start.

The flag is "--data-dir C:\some\other\directory"

It worked Smiley Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Does anybody know how to move XDN blockchain folder to the other disk on Windows? The command "-datadir=" doesn't work - the wallet just refuses to start.

The flag is "--data-dir C:\some\other\directory"
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
This is not a mistake, this is our implementation of Free Market Economy via the blockchain. Eventually, Bitcoin will have almost 0 reward like many other coins and they will be in the same situation like xdn now, but xdn will progress and will go further. The competition between the
What free market really means is competitions between currencies, currencies with too high inflation will of course fail but dogecoin are doing surprisingly well despite 5% yearly inflation. xmr has tail emission(unlimited supply) and it is still valued very high currently(doubt it will last though). All coins that is mined during a very short period(including sdc) has failed to get widespread adoption. A large amount of coins being mined generally leads to low price which is good when buying, sure you want it to go down later, tail emission is not really the ideal solution.

Well good luck, i will not invest in a currency i do not have faith in, prove me wrong, i don't care if i am wrong and the amount of money i would be willing to invest would not make me rich anyway. I prefer trading coins which have high volume, and be able to cut losses short, but i might have to give up trading due to poor results(only holding btc would have been more profitable overall).

Of course btc will probably run into some problems after 8 to 10 halvings but we have to wait 24 years for that and as i said before if the price increase more than the decrease in block reward the income to miners will still increase with time. The real risk with btc is mining centralization and it is even worse with xdn.

All current coins has issues, we need something new and revolutionary(instant transactions, anonymity, messages, etc).
Activity: 896
In fact merged mining made XDN blockchain 10x times more secure than it was before. The recent XDN price drop is caused by Polo delisting and panic sales there. I believe there is no connection between the price drop and merged mining because it only made XDN stronger.
Actually the mistake was done much earlier, in order to have a secure blockchain the block_reward * price should not be too low, preferable the price should rise much faster than the decrease in block reward since a higher price would make the coin more attractive to an attacker. The btc block reward is now 1/4 of the oridginal reward but the price is 300000 times higher.

The fact that a majority voted for merged mining + PoA does not mean it is a good idea. Now you will depend on XMR miners for your security, 10x hashrate does not mean 10x security. Preferable solo GPU+CPU mining should be easy but now with merged mining you have made it pointless to mine xdn using the wallet.

The only solution i see is starting over with a new coin but then everything needs to be finished so no hardforks will be needed, maybe XMR without ringct if that is bad, maybe a better version of zcash, a PoA/PoW version of SDC maybe?. I will be honest, i do not really understand how these anonymous coins works and i guess most investors have no idea what they are buying when they invest in dash, xmr, sdc, zcash or whatever. Of course establishing a new coin is very difficult and long term holding is very dangerous

This is not a mistake, this is our implementation of Free Market Economy via the blockchain. Eventually, Bitcoin will have almost 0 reward like many other coins and they will be in the same situation like xdn now, but xdn will progress and will go further.
Also, you are not right about the wallet miner, we will implement mm wallet miner in future as well as a "PoA wallet miner".
Also, we will implement PoA.
Something pointless at this timeframe may be not pointless later. Things are changing very fast. You are clearly underestimating the amount of work we made for xdn implementing the new features and technologies...
We are not "depend on XMR" because XDN can be merged mined with any other CryptoNight coin.
We will not establish a new coin and will keep xdn development according to our plan as we are doing for almost 3 years.

In fact merged mining made XDN blockchain 10x times more secure than it was before. The recent XDN price drop is caused by Polo delisting and panic sales there. I believe there is no connection between the price drop and merged mining because it only made XDN stronger.
Actually the mistake was done much earlier, in order to have a secure blockchain the block_reward * price should not be too low, preferable the price should rise much faster than the decrease in block reward since a higher price would make the coin more attractive to an attacker. The btc block reward is now 1/4 of the oridginal reward but the price is 300000 times higher.

The fact that a majority voted for merged mining + PoA does not mean it is a good idea. Now you will depend on XMR miners for your security, 10x hashrate does not mean 10x security. Preferable solo GPU+CPU mining should be easy but now with merged mining you have made it pointless to mine xdn using the wallet.

The only solution i see is starting over with a new coin but then everything needs to be finished so no hardforks will be needed, maybe XMR without ringct if that is bad, maybe a better version of zcash, a PoA/PoW version of SDC maybe?. I will be honest, i do not really understand how these anonymous coins works and i guess most investors have no idea what they are buying when they invest in dash, xmr, sdc, zcash or whatever. Of course establishing a new coin is very difficult and long term holding is very dangerous http://www.truthcoin.info/blog/altcoins-are-not-coins/ (btw: i hate btc).
Today i get a answer from Polo about my stucked trans:

Apologies for the late response.

The transaction was not rejected by the network its just that it hasn't confirmed as of yet.

https://minergate.com/blockchain/xdn/transaction/ef3a763cb884a19af6231c0595af4b25ee2edd3b16454e1ef14f48a6d3e74c5f

As you can see there is an ample amount transaction fee on this and I'm afraid this is now at the mercy of the network. Rest assured we'll keep an eye on this and we'll broadcast it again should it be necessary.

Best regards,

Jerichk
Poloniex Support

Really? They are checking transactions not in their daemon as they should but based on the side explorer, this is just wrong. As we concluded Minergate must be saving all the unconfirmed transactions in their DB.
If they only will use the latest XDN version there will be no problems at all. But as I said many time - DO NOT USE POLONIEX FOR XDN, there is such a mess there. They are making thousands of dollars, delisting and holding your coins and still are too lazy (or not honest) to make do their business well. Shame on them.
Long tern holding does not suit me, i prefer quick profits, shorting overhyped coins can be fun.

The harsh truth is that you have ruined your coins with poor decisions and now you do not want to face the truth, the truth is always really horrible and most people choice to live in fantasy land instead, a good way to lose money trading.

I am glad to answer the direct and honest critique, not trolling.
XDN is not "my coin" and for sure it was not ruined by the community decisions. Merged mining is a collective decision, it was announced in the early summer and there was a public Poll for that decision.
We are not traders, we are devs, we are believers, you may think that we are living in fantasy land and you will be surprised when this fantasies will be real Wink

P.S. Look at the XDN price chart for 2.5 years, if it seems as a big price drop after the recent Poloniex pump it is not such a big drop in fact. The average XDN price for 2.5y is about 10-20 satoshi and if you will compare it with the US dollars those who are holding XDN are still in profit.
Like on Jan 6 2016 the price was 14 satoshi and the price is 13 satoshi now but the Bitcoin price was 430$ on Jan 6 2016 and it is 930$ now.
legendary
Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007
Today i get a answer from Polo about my stucked trans:

Apologies for the late response.

The transaction was not rejected by the network its just that it hasn't confirmed as of yet.

https://minergate.com/blockchain/xdn/transaction/ef3a763cb884a19af6231c0595af4b25ee2edd3b16454e1ef14f48a6d3e74c5f

As you can see there is an ample amount transaction fee on this and I'm afraid this is now at the mercy of the network. Rest assured we'll keep an eye on this and we'll broadcast it again should it be necessary.

Best regards,

Jerichk
Poloniex Support
How many developers in XDN team, BTW?

Good question, but actually I can't give you the very accurate answer. The core team is about 7 people leaving all over the World and working dedicated. But if we will count all the people around who are consulting us and working with us partly and working with the XDN API there will be much more people, lets say about 30. Hope I answered your question.
You are here (in xdn topic) for less than 3 months, being the xmr supporter (most of your recent posts belongs to xmr) you are trying to spread the FUD here. Your conclusions are just wrong...

XDN is more that 2.5-year-old, implementing the brand new tech here for free, implementing the ideas of Free Market Economy via the blockchain.

I think everybody incl. you will be happy if you will dump your xdn (if you even have it) and leave. There is no point to spread the FUD here, it is clear that you are here for fast profit or for spreading the FUD, not for the TECH.
So why are you wasting time here if you have no doubts in your thoughts? This is my last answer to you, I don't want to waste my time answering trolls, there are dozens of them on this forum, you are not the first one, not the last one...
No your conclusions are wrong, i am not an xmr-supporter, xmr have the following issues
-too long confirmation time
-no "bells and whistles" such ad the ability to send messages.
-severe scalabinity issues.

I do not hold any coin atm, i have lost faith in the current cryptocurrencies, i did not even buy xmr at 0.006 (i regret that now).

Long tern holding does not suit me, i prefer quick profits, shorting overhyped coins can be fun.

The harsh truth is that you have ruined your coins with poor decisions and now you do not want to face the truth, the truth is always really horrible and most people choice to live in fantasy land instead, a good way to lose money trading.
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
How many developers in XDN team, BTW?
THE DAY is coming. Wait for the Announce 3 from Jan 10 to Jan 12.
Remember to update your XDN from https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/releases DigitalNote v4.0.1-beta
This version has an increased default block size limit to 200kb.
Poloniex is using an outdated software (like they always do), they should update it and there will be no problems at all.
In future try to avoid Poloniex for trading XDN-project coins.
The thing is, XDN is cheap enough atm to mitigate the early distribution. People can accumulate during this phase no matter how limited their means. The main thing that counts for adoption and market interest is tech and integration. Merged mining is a good idea, also things like distributed exchanges, payment gateways and shopping cart plugins.
That is the ultimate bagholder excuse "this epic fail price is good for distribution" in reality not many people will buy now and the price has temporary being held up by pumpers/investors. What you want is the price to be low in the beginning due to a lot of coins being mined and going up incrementally like bitcoin and monero. The main reason why you do not want to decrease the block reward too fast is not to have a fair distribution, it is about network security, merged mining is not a viable solution, just a desperate attempt to save a failing coin.

In practice the dash masternode system is much more centralized and secure than this mess, i am not saying dash is good, only that the XDN price is low for a reason.

Please not that if the price would go up temporarily it will not prove me wrong, only that the ponzi scheme (pump) was successful, eventually it will go down of course(just look at the previous insane pump).

You are here (in xdn topic) for less than 3 months, being the xmr supporter (most of your recent posts belongs to xmr) you are trying to spread the FUD here. Your conclusions are just wrong...

XDN is more that 2.5-year-old, implementing the brand new tech here for free, implementing the ideas of Free Market Economy via the blockchain.

Eventually, this is a free space of thoughts and decisions.

I think everybody incl. you will be happy if you will dump your xdn (if you even have it) and leave. There is no point to spread the FUD here, it is clear that you are here for fast profit or for spreading the FUD, not for the TECH.
So why are you wasting time here if you have no doubts in your thoughts? This is my last answer to you, I don't want to waste my time answering trolls, there are dozens of them on this forum, you are not the first one, not the last one...

Please, leave this community, we don't want that kind of people here.

The thing is, XDN is cheap enough atm to mitigate the early distribution. People can accumulate during this phase no matter how limited their means. The main thing that counts for adoption and market interest is tech and integration. Merged mining is a good idea, also things like distributed exchanges, payment gateways and shopping cart plugins.
That is the ultimate bagholder excuse "this epic fail price is good for distribution" in reality not many people will buy now and the price has temporary being held up by pumpers/investors. What you want is the price to be low in the beginning due to a lot of coins being mined and going up incrementally like bitcoin and monero. The main reason why you do not want to decrease the block reward too fast is not to have a fair distribution, it is about network security, merged mining is not a viable solution, just a desperate attempt to save a failing coin.

In practice the dash masternode system is much more centralized and secure than this mess, i am not saying dash is good, only that the XDN price is low for a reason.

Please not that if the price would go up temporarily it will not prove me wrong, only that the ponzi scheme (pump) was successful, eventually it will go down of course(just look at the previous insane pump).
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
There's no open source merge mining pool software, no. This is why minergate controls over 50% of the network hashrate, and I think dNote has suggested that there must be another private pool that has mergemine software, because it makes literally zero sense to mine an auxpow coin if you're not merge mining it.
This is not acceptable for a coin, merged mining was rushed and it ended very badly, price continued down, sorry but i will not join a ponzi scheme hoping to sell my XDN to a greater fool, i prefer just shorting after/during a peak.

The way XDN is distributed allows for shameless pumping, i am not the first one to say this but distributing 50% the first month(excluding the constant block reward of 150XDN) is a really horrible idea, i have a much better suggestion linked below all my posts but it appears no one cares about there fundamentals anymore, people are just looking for money and ignore fundamental flaws with these coins.

There's no open source merge mining pool software, no. This is why minergate controls over 50% of the network hashrate, and I think dNote has suggested that there must be another private pool that has mergemine software, because it makes literally zero sense to mine an auxpow coin if you're not merge mining it.
This is not acceptable for a coin, merged mining was rushed and it ended very badly, price continued down, sorry but i will not join a ponzi scheme hoping to sell my XDN to a greater fool, i prefer just shorting after/during a peak.

The way XDN is distributed allows for shameless pumping, i am not the first one to say this but distributing 50% the first month(excluding the constant block reward of 150XDN) is a really horrible idea, i have a much better suggestion linked below all my posts but it appears no one cares about there fundamentals anymore, people are just looking for money and ignore fundamental flaws with these coins.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
Hello dNote,

I have seen news #1 and #2.
Did I miss #3 or it was not published yet?

see this:

Remember to update your XDN to the latest version.
Ann 3 next week.
Pages:
Jump to: