Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 173. (Read 1260595 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Little worries about treasure digging.

Does this mean for example, If I send some coins to a paper wallet abd give them to as a gift to a new born relative to hold until they are 18, in 18 years when they come to sell them they will find they have been stolen by 'treasure diggers' ?

If this is the case this needs to be removed 100%.

I think that you are worried in vain.
This function is created to ensure that the number of coins in the Diamond system remains stable throughout the lifetime.
Thus, MN holders and wallet holders will receive a constant POS income even when the reward falls to less than 1% per annum.
This is a serious project created for existence many years.
It is the preservation of the total number of coins in the system on one level, which guarantees reliability and safety of work for future stores and services.
All you need is to run your wallet once every 10 years.
It can be a light wallet for a smartphone or Electrun wallet running in your browser.
As soon as your wallet appears online, it will be considered that it is not lost.
If you keep the private key on paper, then the future development will allow you to almost instantly import and export a private key with one mouse click, so that you can tell that your address is alive.

Once in 10 years -this is a long time.
Or for this long time you do not want to receive your POS reward and tell once for a nodes in the DMD network that your address is live?
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Little worries about treasure digging.

Does this mean for example, If I send some coins to a paper wallet abd give them to as a gift to a new born relative to hold until they are 18, in 18 years when they come to sell them they will find they have been stolen by 'treasure diggers' ?

If this is the case this needs to be removed 100%.
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
Smell the glove.

So in DMD 3.0, the masternode get the lion's share of every POS block - 65% for masternode vs 35% for POS.
That's 1.5275 DMD for masternode and 0.8225 DMD for POS block finder.

Also, the mechanism that choose which masternode receives the POS share reward is boiled down to luck?

Yes, Masternode (MN) has a slight advantage over POS.
But the exact percentage of reward will depend on the number of active POS wallets and the launched MN
This is a schematic image for the future network

Here are some more illustrations that reflect the speed and density of transactions in comparison with bitcoin

Masternodes will have a huge advantage over PoS - not slight.
Thus, >1% of current coin holders will have 65% of new coins and 35% for the remaining 99%.
With the early (and unscheduled) sunset of PoW, this is quite a change to the previous documented roadmap.

It seems it will be an advantage for smaller holding to combine their coins and form a masternode.
I'll be working on a trustless method for smaller investors to get a share of masternode earnings (nearly 2x over PoS).
PM me if you're interested.

Also, exchanges may not adopt the new blockchain as quickly as the community.
Hopefully, won't cause a huge a bubble as often happens with other hard-forks.

I'm excited about the new path forward, but, it's a significant departure.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
A question: With fixed block rewards, it becomes
important to have coins in many blocks vs., say 1
large block. Has any testing been done on the
best block size to POS in a reasonable time while
not having too may coins in 1 input block?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Hmmm... It is what it is! But I don't think a 65% MN 35% POS
split of the block is a slight advantage. Approx. 2:1 is significant.
Not an objection because the MN ties up 10k DMD's but, it was
stated many times that MN would be a slight advantage over POS.
Examples given were 25% POS and 30%+ MN. If the block rewards
are set for about 25% annual return, and 2/3's goes to MN doesn't
that mean that the POS of 25% becomes 12.5%. Again not a complaint,
as I will probably run 2 MN's but, just seeking clarity. What am I missing?
legendary

So in DMD 3.0, the masternode get the lion's share of every POS block - 65% for masternode vs 35% for POS.

Also, the mechanism that choose which masternode receives the POS share reward is boiled down to luck?

Yes, Masternode (MN) has a slight advantage over POS.
But the exact percentage of reward will depend on the number of active POS wallets and the launched MN
This is a schematic image for the future network

Here are some more illustrations that reflect the speed and density of transactions in comparison with bitcoin

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

DMD Diamond 3.0 White Paper

Thank you to all the people, both DMD Diamond Foundation members and fantastic Diamond Community, who have contributed with their input to this document and support over the years which inspired us to move forward and continue to develop DMD Diamond with passion.

This white paper is the first draft. The final iteration will include detailed description of DMD Diamond 3.0 parameters and adjustment options for the zero micromanagement Diamond Proof of Stake engine (split and merge mechanics).

Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation

DMD Diamond 3.0 White Paper

Thank you to all the people, both DMD Diamond Foundation members and fantastic Diamond Community, who have contributed with their input to this document and support over the years which inspired us to move forward and continue to develop DMD Diamond with passion.

This white paper is the first draft. The final iteration will include detailed description of DMD Diamond 3.0 parameters and adjustment options for the zero micromanagement Diamond Proof of Stake engine (split and merge mechanics).

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

whitepaper will be released today evening! (EUROPE timeframe)

Where is the whitepaper? It's 00.22, Friday, July 14, CET

This is not a good sign...  Angry
legendary
Excellent cakes, I would have gotten with pleasure one of them or even a few for the birthday  Smiley

Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.
Is my solo mining working?  This is screenshot of my CCMiner.

Look like it works fine.  Solo mining depends almost solely on luck, and at currently very high difficulty of over 200, it probably take a while for you to solve a block.  Good luck!!!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,165.msg1269.html#msg1269

Thank you everyone for taking part in this year’s DMD Diamond birthday cake competition.
As always your effort and dedication were amazing and as always it was incredibly difficult to choose a winner as all your work deserved being rewarded.
The consensus was achieved through multi stage voting that resulted in selecting 5 finalists and then the winners. Here are the results:

1st place – HALLARED

2nd place - EMMYTIM  

2nd place – YELENA

There are two second places with 100 DMD reward each. There is no 3rd place.
However, the two contestants who didn’t make to the podium will be rewarded with 10 DMD each.

4th – DIAMOND_MAZIEEKA

5th - DASSJDK

As we mentioned above, all the works were excellent and we feel that every contestant should get a reward.
This is why BB2EBB, EXTRAWELT, HALLER, CAPRICOINN, HSBOOKWORM, KITKAT and CARFACE receive 4 DMD each Smiley

We hope you enjoyed the whole experience and next year we’ll again see your entries.

May I ask everyone to contact me directly and provide your DMD Diamond addresses to which we’ll deposit the prizes!

(on DMD Forum)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Is my solo mining working?  This is screenshot of my CCMiner.

https://i.imgur.com/y5DzqcQ.png
Activity: 27
Happy Birthday Crypto Diamond  Cool
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY!!!! DMD - May you always shine bright.

Happy Birthday Diamond !!

Shine bright like a diamond.... awaiting DMD 3.0
Activity: 86
Happy birthday to the DMD community. Now I managed to accumulate 2500 dmd, tell me that  I already be a wealthy man in the near future?  Wink

Welcome to the DMD community where the future is bright.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Diamond good coin
Happy birthday to the DMD community. Now I managed to accumulate 2500 dmd, tell me that  I already be a wealthy man in the near future?  Wink
Activity: 30
Happy birthday Diamond DMD! Really exciting times!!
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
when release wallet?

It is planned for August or September.

Kind Regards Christian
Activity: 79
Jump to: