Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] doge.scryptpools.com - DOWN UNTIL PENDING PAYOUTS ARE PROCESSED - page 22. (Read 147977 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
ok, laugh, I don't know abour your laws, I assume they are not too different to ours, and over here we have a specific offence called 'obtaining goods and services by deception', he has clearly obtained the services of our miners by deception, and if he was in UK I would be down the local police station in a heartbeat, and they would be obliged to investigate!

I wouldn't doubt that it might fall under some law that local or state authorities are charged with upholding here too. Unfortunately that doesn't mean you'd be able to get them to do something about it. Hence the lawyer suggestion, which I'm still for. Anyone interested, shoot me a PM.
Activity: 11
I say we backtrack the payments to this guy's wallet address. Then figure out where all the coins are going. Maybe even Cryptsy will cooperate if this guy is indeed dumping them on the market. This actually shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

Also I sent Phonetic a nice PM but he's ignored me and seems he's ignoring everyone else too. It's to the point where I think he really just might be a scammer. I want to believe it's just a mistake but in that case he'd be in here to reassure us right? I hate throwing around accusations but enough time is passing that it feels warranted. Is he really comfortable doing this to people? How do people like this rationalize their actions? I mean hell it's not like he closed the pool and ran off with whatever was left in accounts, he's still actively gaining coins off the miners still on the pool with a message from days ago about payout 'will be fixed soon' but not a single word since.

Sounds like an interesting idea, I'm quite new to mining so not sure how much of a help I could be, but I have over 200k stuck in that pool. I setup auto payouts as soon as I changed to a different pool. lesson learned. Anyways I'd be happy to help if I can in any way.

Natodemon
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I stopped mining there the instant a payout failed. Sorry, but wasn't this the biggest pool? Where the hell did the guy go?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
What the hell you need a lawyer for? Since his IP is in Kansas, any one of you US citizens should be able to complain directly to police, and let them do the leg work. Bit trickier for us Brit's though.

lol! "Hello Kansas police? Yeah see this guy stole my Dogecoin..."
ok, laugh, I don't know abour your laws, I assume they are not too different to ours, and over here we have a specific offence called 'obtaining goods and services by deception', he has clearly obtained the services of our miners by deception, and if he was in UK I would be down the local police station in a heartbeat, and they would be obliged to investigate!
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
I'm very intrigued by multipool... can they handle CPU-only mining?

Boy. this sux. No doges stuck, but scryptpools was the only site where my CPU-only miner would run.
[Using minerd. Can't get cgiminer to function under CPU-only.

Yes it supports CPU mining.  I did that with minerd for quite a while before I resumed GPU mining.

M
Ima try this 2morrow, tyvm Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

Boy. this sux. No doges stuck, but scryptpools was the only site where my CPU-only miner would run.

Yes it supports CPU mining.  I did that with minerd for quite a while before I resumed GPU mining.

M
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17
pool owner probably has around 30-50m scammed dogecoins

not bad he will be a rich shibe soon

why are people still mining here?

Pool Hash Rate 0.460723 GH/s
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

Activity: 196
Merit: 104
I say we backtrack the payments to this guy's wallet address. Then figure out where all the coins are going. Maybe even Cryptsy will cooperate if this guy is indeed dumping them on the market. This actually shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

Also I sent Phonetic a nice PM but he's ignored me and seems he's ignoring everyone else too. It's to the point where I think he really just might be a scammer. I want to believe it's just a mistake but in that case he'd be in here to reassure us right? I hate throwing around accusations but enough time is passing that it feels warranted. Is he really comfortable doing this to people? How do people like this rationalize their actions? I mean hell it's not like he closed the pool and ran off with whatever was left in accounts, he's still actively gaining coins off the miners still on the pool with a message from days ago about payout 'will be fixed soon' but not a single word since.
Activity: 7
I have the same trouble,
I can not extract DOGE more than 72 hours,
How can I do?
 Angry
Activity: 5
I have lost 130K+ to the pool and it is a lesson learned.

Here are a few tips that may help prevent large losses going forward:
  • Research potential pools and read any forum posts before joining
  • Set up automatic payouts (I set mine to payout after a few hours worth of work so I do not lose much)
  • Enable payout notification and watch for your email alerts
  • Check your wallet transaction history regularly to make sure payouts are occurring (In case a shady pool operator fakes the email confirmations)
  • If you have enough hashing power you can spread your miners among a few different pools in case one decides not to pay

Hope this helps!
Activity: 18
I have over 120k there and left my miners going at 1.2MH/s no blocks discovered in a long time that pool is dead. Makes me wonder if pool is dead why would admin release funds? It would be great to recover the dogecoin but at this point I doubt it.

I bet it was never his intention to release the funds once he stopped the payouts. It actually makes sense now why the payouts have always been kind of slow, so when the payouts stop all together it doesn't raise any alarms for a while. I know it fooled me and I continued to mine there for another 18-20 hours before I decided to permanently delete scryptpools from every config file I could find on my pc.
Activity: 55
I have over 120k there and left my miners going at 1.2MH/s no blocks discovered in a long time that pool is dead. Makes me wonder if pool is dead why would admin release funds? It would be great to recover the dogecoin but at this point I doubt it.
Activity: 21
I got 20K stucked there too. And its not the first time they have issues paying ppl too. If He is not a scammer he is a careless admin.

Want to wait to know which one is worse?

I´ve moved to https://coinex.pw

They have dogecoin and other altcoins and you can trade there too.
They got some problems with the site recently but they managed it very well and the admin is almost always available on chat.
Activity: 27
We have 499000 on this pool. Please help
id: themrlonewolf
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
I can recommend https://www.dogepool.net also.. its MY pool, so if something is going wrong, I'll be there.

Read along the forums, you wont read something bad about it.

Oh and that tip "call the police, he stole my dogecoin".. PLEASE make a vid of it !:)
Activity: 21
What the hell you need a lawyer for? Since his IP is in Kansas, any one of you US citizens should be able to complain directly to police, and let them do the leg work. Bit trickier for us Brit's though.

Good work Sherlock... BUT... anyone can buy Kansas VPS and run VPN on it. So he can live in Russia, China, Brasil or any other country.

Anyway, as I have 50k coins on this pool (I know, I should change to other pool earlier, but it was Christmas time, so everything was different) so I still hope this is not a scam...
Thanks. I'll do that asap.

Cryptopool did the same crap so I left there. Appreciate the heads up.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I need some help.

I am trying to pull my doges out of my account and keep getting an error message that I already have an open cash out order. How can I fix this?

You can't.  The pool op isn't paying out.  We aren't sure if he's scamming us (likely) or if something went wrong beyond his control.  Either way, chances are you won't get your coins and you need to switch to a reliable trustworthy pool ASAP.  I recommend https://doge.netcodepool.org/ or https://www.multipool.us/

M
I need some help.

I am trying to pull my doges out of my account and keep getting an error message that I already have an open cash out order. How can I fix this?
Pages:
Jump to: