Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] doge.scryptpools.com - DOWN UNTIL PENDING PAYOUTS ARE PROCESSED - page 4. (Read 147969 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Yeah thanks to those who stepped up! I actually am supposed to be talking with the lawyer sometime today.

I have a few calls and emails in to a New York firm that specializes in small business class actions.  I'll keep you posted.

I also updated the investigations thread with a much more detailed inventory of the Doge he absconded with, for those who are interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397762.0;all
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Yeah thanks to those who stepped up! I actually am supposed to be talking with the lawyer sometime today.

+1
Activity: 59
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Hi guys Smapdi has already reached out to me and I will try to help you all as much as I can.

With the recent rise in price of dogecoins i'm sure the losses are catastrophic now  Cry

Activity: 18
But does it really matter if somebody was double payed or not?

We know that after he claimed to have double payment issues and vanished from the interwebs, the the pool account was constantly emptied.. (sold off / moved)

So lets just do the thought experiment. Lets say he had real double payment issues:
When that happened he;

1. Decided that best and most responsible action towards his customers(as he claims to be in his later posts) was to "abort ship".
2. BUT however.. continue to move away the coins that his customers continue to mine through his pool.
3. Dont tell ANYBODY that the pool had issues, so he could keep moving our coins away??

Im no lawyer.. but in my head this is a scam either way..

-Bane
Activity: 562
Merit: 509
Can anyone that mined on this pool actually verify that they received a double or triple payout at some point as Phonetic claims?  I noticed today that a digibyte pool posted an issue claiming they noticed some users getting double and triple payouts.  See http://digi.coinium.org/  

Also can someone with pool expertise comment on whether these claims have any potential validity?
I doubt anyone who received a double or triple payout will admit it here.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Can anyone that mined on this pool actually verify that they received a double or triple payout at some point as Phonetic claims?  I noticed today that a digibyte pool posted an issue claiming they noticed some users getting double and triple payouts.  See http://digi.coinium.org/  

Also can someone with pool expertise comment on whether these claims have any potential validity?
Activity: 2
I'm holding out hope my almost 400000 doge ($700) are returned. Not sure if it will happen but not much else I can do at this point. Pic: http://imgur.com/wK5B4UY
--Quinn
You guys have to realistically assume that all of the doge you had in scrypts pool is gone and is unrecoverable. You can still pay a bounty, but just make sure that you will have the funds available to pay out to whoever needs to be paid when the time comes. Be careful not to sink yourselves into another hole. And if (read: probably never) he was required to pay out restitution, it would be in fiat. Just my .02

Thats why theres separate bounties? If courts are calling cryptocoins commodities then he stole a crapload of commodities and he should face legal action for it. Restitution and how thats handled is an entirely different beast.

There are separate bounties yeah, but if you look at alot of the posts people are saying "if I get my doge back, I'll give (x) amount to the bounty". I was just saying, it's safe to assume you will never get that coinage back so you can't really consider those valid donations unless they have excess doge outside of what was lost to scryptspool. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this guy get fucked by the long dick of the law. I was the person who created the first thread exposing him for a scammer after I noticed block IDs getting scrubbed from the database. I had long since pulled all of my doge out when I saw that. Then I just watched the complaints pile up as noone took my thread seriously and now sadly are paying for it.

He may face legal action yeah, but like I said, it's doubtful you will get any restitution from him as the lawyer fees alone would bankrupt him.
Activity: 3
You guys have to realistically assume that all of the doge you had in scrypts pool is gone and is unrecoverable. You can still pay a bounty, but just make sure that you will have the funds available to pay out to whoever needs to be paid when the time comes. Be careful not to sink yourselves into another hole. And if (read: probably never) he was required to pay out restitution, it would be in fiat. Just my .02

Thats why theres separate bounties? If courts are calling cryptocoins commodities then he stole a crapload of commodities and he should face legal action for it. Restitution and how thats handled is an entirely different beast.
Activity: 25
I had nearly 40k sitting in my account. Add me to the retrieval bounty for 5k.
Activity: 3
For those wondering ive contacted smapdi about being a plaintiff, i had 92k doge stolen by scryptpools. Im in the SF bay area too so this will get rolling soon  Grin
Activity: 59
Legal and otherwise detective work is being performed at the following thread:

Yes this is moving forward. Don't let the thread inactivity worry you. Wink We've had multiple CA residents step up willing to be plaintiffs. I'm waiting to hear back from the lawyer on next steps and fees. I'm hoping at this point the people who have put up for the identification bounty are willing to put their DOGE towards the suit and subpoena(s). Maybe I'm wrong - I'm assuming we're all but guaranteed identification if we subpoena DigitalOcean.
Activity: 2
Dammit. I only had 5k mined but that represented a lot of time and effort. Not happy.

I'm mining from New Hampshire and willing to take legal action-- someone PM me if I can be of help.
Activity: 1
I also had an account there and unfortunately let my account grow to over 700,000 before the site shut down, I tried setting up a transfer but was denied then the site vanished.

of that 700k I will add 100,000 DOGE to the bounty for the safe return of my coins

my username on the site was the same as on here
Activity: 42
Has there been any progress in identifying the owner of scryptpools.com ? We need to start some sort of class action lawsuit against him ASAP.

Legal and otherwise detective work is being performed at the following thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397762.100
Activity: 7
Has there been any progress in identifying the owner of scryptpools.com ? We need to start some sort of class action lawsuit against him ASAP.
Pages:
Jump to: