Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 222. (Read 635458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
Too many coins, not enough developers. Supply and demand. Coins now have to offer a large percentage of coins to get developers.

Investors are getting so crazy that they are now investing in 100% premined coins to get good developers supporting a coin.

I have to admit developers have "thinned" out greatly this is true.

Agreed. I too am getting totally overwhelmed with work, constantly doing "days" of 32-48 hours.

I don't really see the situation as a problem in itself though; it just shows that this is the thing of the very near future. I mean for the masses - for us deeply involved in the scene it's already very much present.

The past year has been just crazy, but everything is coming together nicely. Much of my energy and concentration has gone into designing and implementing foundations that will hopefully serve the whole community. The hectic times will continue but I can see we're getting closer to a point after which less effort needs to go to sorting all the basics out. It's all just about to take off big time...

I agree. It is only a matter of time before everything settles down and their are tools to make things just flow nicely. It will come and the winners will be people who stuck it out.
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
I forgot to say, there will be a big reward for anybody that gets us a legal outlet or online marketplace to work with for pegging dope.

I'm surprised nobody has run with this so far. I get hits here and there about interest but nobody acts upon it. Will keep on the hunt!
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
The bounty is growing. It might get big enough one day to attract someone.

Too many coins, not enough developers. Supply and demand. Coins now have to offer a large percentage of coins to get developers.

Investors are getting so crazy that they are now investing in 100% premined coins to get good developers supporting a coin.

Agreed. I too am getting totally overwhelmed with work, constantly doing "days" of 32-48 hours.

I don't really see the situation as a problem in itself though; it just shows that this is the thing of the very near future. I mean for the masses - for us deeply involved in the scene it's already very much present.

The past year has been just crazy, but everything is coming together nicely. Much of my energy and concentration has gone into designing and implementing foundations that will hopefully serve the whole community. The hectic times will continue but I can see we're getting closer to a point after which less effort needs to go to sorting all the basics out. It's all just about to take off big time...

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
will track DopeCoin soon.................
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I forgot to say, there will be a big reward for anybody that gets us a legal outlet or online marketplace to work with for pegging dope.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I guess I'm done here, all cashed out.  Was anything ever done with the bounties?  What good are they if not put to use?  Anyway, good luck not getting delisted from bittrex (there's always allcoin).

Welcome back to the light side fartbags, what you say is true, currently i'm flat out with real life work, but I know dopecoindude is in contact with at least 2 devs about the p2p market place.  

I still have my plan for pegging dope to dope, but need a legal outlet or online marketplace to move ahead with it.

I also have the code from the old dopecoin dev for our own payment gateway that I hope to set up for beta testing soon.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
I guess I'm done here, all cashed out.  Was anything ever done with the bounties?  What good are they if not put to use?  Anyway, good luck not getting delisted from bittrex (there's always allcoin).

legendary
Activity: 1246
I guess I'm done here, all cashed out.  Was anything ever done with the bounties?  What good are they if not put to use?  Anyway, good luck not getting delisted from bittrex (there's always allcoin).
Thanks for the reply, syncing was done during last night.

Good to hear it did the trick for you! =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Thanks for the reply, syncing was done during last night.
Instructions for solving Dopecoin wallet synchronization problems:

Adding Altcoin.Center's seed nodes to the wallet configuration file Dopecoin.conf and re-downloading the whole block chain should help you get synchronized.

The following instructions will walk you through creating the Dopecoin.conf configuration file and re-downloading the block chain.

Your coins are safe as long as you keep the wallet.dat file backed up.

First make sure you are using the latest version of the Dopecoin wallet, downloaded from the links provided at http://dopecoin.com/resources.php

As of the time of posting this message, the latest wallet version available is 3.0.0.3.

First make sure your Dopecoin wallet is not running; if it is, shut it down.

Locate the Dopecoin data folder. The location depends on which operating system you're using:

- In Windows, the data folder is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\DopecoinV3. The AppData folder is hidden, and in order to make it visible at Windows File Explorer, you must go to the View tab and make sure the Hidden items check box is checked.

- In Mac OS X, the data folder is /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/DopecoinV3. The Library folder is hidden, and in order to make it visible at Finder, you must open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type the following command to the Terminal window, followed by enter: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES. You will then have to log out and back in to make Finder aware of the configuration change.

- In Linux, the Dopecoin data folder is ~yourusername/.DopecoinV3

Inside the Dopecoin data folder, you should see a handful of folders and files named database, blk0001.dat, db.log, debug.log, peers.dat, wallet.dat etc.

Now create a folder named #BACKUP inside the Dopecoin data folder, and move all other files and folders there except the file wallet.dat. Your Dopecoin data folder should now only contain the file wallet.dat - the rest of the files should be in the #BACKUP subfolder.

Start a text editor. In Windows you can use Notepad, in OS X TextEdit, and in Linux which ever text editor your distribution happens to provide.

Paste the following lines to the text editor:

gen=0
daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=dopecoinrpc
rpcpassword=ChangeThisToARandomStringOfCharactersAndNumbers

checklevel=3
checkblocks=333
checkpoints=1

addnode=seeds.altcoin.center
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

Make sure to change the contents of the rpcpassword parameter in the file into a string of random characters and numbers, i.e. TsR6Fcgkz4kFKiywTtUfat

Save the file by the name Dopecoin.conf inside the Dopecoin data folder. Some text editors automatically add a .txt suffix to the file name, so after saving, make sure the file is really named Dopecoin.conf and not Dopecoin.conf.txt.

Finally, start your Dopecoin wallet again.

Your wallet should now connect to the Dopecoin network and start downloading the block chain from scratch.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Hi!

Hi, My wallet has been syncing 5 hours and it has been stopped at block "175022 blocks remaining". 21159 Blocks downloaded... What should I do for it? Thanks! (Wallet V3)

Can you please go to the Debug windows (Help => Debug window) and let me know what the Current number of blocks value of your wallet is at the moment.

Thanks!

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 76
Hi, My wallet has been syncing 5 hours and it has been stopped at block "175022 blocks remaining". 21159 Blocks downloaded... What should I do for it? Thanks! (Wallet V3)
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
sooo.. what's up?

Looks like the coin got abandoned again.  Maybe dopecoindude was on that malaysian flight that went down.

No, no wasn't on that malaysian flight that went down Cheesy do you wish I was ?

Like Jyri said everyone is busy,busy  but things will come together.

Thanks for speaking up dopecoindude.
Can you clarify why there are mentions of needing a dev a few pages back?

I'm a holder and am curious.

thanks

Thanks, Crypto John. I'm taking this to PM.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
sooo.. what's up?

Looks like the coin got abandoned again.  Maybe dopecoindude was on that malaysian flight that went down.

No, no wasn't on that malaysian flight that went down Cheesy do you wish I was ?

Thanks for speaking up dopecoindude.
Can you clarify why there are mentions of needing a dev a few pages back?

I'm a holder and am curious.

thanks
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
sooo.. what's up?

Busyness seems to cause dumping in the crypto world.
Maybe because being busy sometimes means they have forgotten. Hopefully they havent

Yes, it is an overly hectic scene indeed. Things will have to calm down eventually though. Especially when everything rests on the shoulders of just one to few people who also usually have to make their living one way or another, it's not quite realistic to expect them to be around 24/7/365. =P

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 98
Busyness seems to cause dumping in the crypto world.
Maybe because being busy sometimes means they have forgotten. Hopefully they havent
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
sooo.. what's up?

It has been holiday time ffs.......arron has been around a few times.

A good time to stock up ready for April 20th (4/20) Cool
sooo.. what's up?

Not abandoned - people have just been very/extremely busy. =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Jump to: