Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 52. (Read 635462 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11
just download the wallet and got me a handful of coins working on a mill  Wink Grin 
Wallet works great waiting on my first stake
Activity: 1
Merit: 100
Very curious to see if DOPE surpass POT. Seems like DOPE is on fire lately, well done!

Very likely will soon. Pot has double the amount on circulation dope does along with less developments  just a matter of time.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
thank you guys! i added the whole list of nodes, wallet started up with 5 connections, but soon lost all without getting synced. guess it must have forked, and i need to resync the whole chain. i've been holding dope since v1 btw, and staked more than a million over the years, so not exactly a newbie. nice to see dope up 55% tonight : ) cheers

Fork sounds like a def possibility. Thankfully the chain isn't that large so you should be able to sync from scratch fairly quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
Dope Coin just established a partnership with an advertising platform.

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@drcharles/dope-coin-establishes-partnership-with-advertising-platform

Dr. Charles this is great news! ReSteeming it on Steem. All things point forward.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
legendary
Tell me please, is it worth investing in this coin?

I would definitely say do some research on your own but I think it is. At least if you are considering investing in a marijuana related crypto, this is one of the stronger ones and at a great price point right now.
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
Tell me please, is it worth investing in this coin?
Hey guys,

I'll make this short. Jumped on the cryptocurrency bandwagon in 2014. Decided to buy dope coin, sounded like a great coin with a trustworthy development team. Totally forgot I had bought dope coin until I checked my old laptop 1 week ago. Have 10,526 coins. Won't update or sync. Can someone tell me what I can do or are they locked. Can I transfer them somewhere and keep it as a investment? Not so smart with all the crypto terms etc.

Thanks in advance.

Those coins are gone sadly, they had a swap a whole ago. Post your address or send a pm, I'll send you some
for the last couple of weeks my wallet keeps losing all connections. installed v4.0.0.3 but no change. is there an updated adnode list, or what do you guys do to fix this issue? is anyone succefully staking these days?

As drcharles said, I would double check your firewall settings on your system and your router if you have access to it.
You can also grab a list of nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dope/#!network
Add them to a file called dopecoin.conf in the same folder as your wallet.dat and restart the wallet, you should be good to go.

legendary
for the last couple of weeks my wallet keeps losing all connections. installed v4.0.0.3 but no change. is there an updated adnode list, or what do you guys do to fix this issue? is anyone succefully staking these days?

Check the firewall. I have about 60 connections on the newest windows wallet and staking is working well.
Activity: 171
@liberatorium
I typically have 6 connections and no problem in staking, I'm no tech guy but do you have any antivirus software or firewalls that might be blocking the Wallet from connecting?

Activity: 171
So if you had 200,000 dope coins at the top end of the old price 30sats before dope coin gold came along then it would be about 0.06 BTC or 8600 current DOPE.

i can understand your pain but crypto is such a new and volatile thing.

I don't mind sending you 2000 DOPE , this is the start of the global journey in all crypto after UASF and all coins will likely see a big price movement.

If you don't want them then thats fine but can we let this arguments fade out.

I like reading message boards for updates and coin discussion , not bitter hatred and anger, there is enough of that in the world already

Have a smoke Smiley

If you want them then send me your new dope coin gold wallet address

You are dreaming man,  a reverse stock split or consolidations don't evaporate your holdings,  common,  that is weak. Your broker is still going to hold those shares in your name, And a business failure is not what we are talking about here ; I own a shit tonne of Laidlaw which is absolutely worthless, but its still mine. I still own the token which represents its value (in this case stock certificates). Although with this management I can totally see Dope collapsing in the near future. I invested in all the weed coins and was there right at the beginning of all these coins so I know all the dirty little secrets. It was always a long shot investing in an abandoned coin anyway. same as the others,   how many did you guys take over  Dope, THC and STV? That was your group right? Have the others you took over swapped again,  I am finally getting around to my Cannabiscoin wallet (still in tact btw)  so you may as well tell me if this has happened with the other coins you guys took over.

So really whats Dopes next play,  6 months then rebrand to Dope Platinum?

Technically speaking you still have the v3 dope so its just like your laidlaw stock shares.

What gives you the idea that they, goldiex, dopey, dopecoindude are the team behind thc and stv?
Did I miss something and thc had a swap? I was able to move coins I have held for quite some time and sell them, did i do something wrong?
You are dreaming man,  a reverse stock split or consolidations don't evaporate your holdings,  common,  that is weak. Your broker is still going to hold those shares in your name, And a business failure is not what we are talking about here ; I own a shit tonne of Laidlaw which is absolutely worthless, but its still mine. I still own the token which represents its value (in this case stock certificates). Although with this management I can totally see Dope collapsing in the near future. I invested in all the weed coins and was there right at the beginning of all these coins so I know all the dirty little secrets. It was always a long shot investing in an abandoned coin anyway. same as the others,   how many did you guys take over  Dope, THC and STV? That was your group right? Have the others you took over swapped again,  I am finally getting around to my Cannabiscoin wallet (still in tact btw)  so you may as well tell me if this has happened with the other coins you guys took over.

We took over Bitcoin too.  Wait till you see what happens August 1st.

Look at their history. They were around for the 2-3 swap but somehow weren't around for the last one. If something happened like they were in a coma or deployed overseas and were unable to keep up with crypto they should have lead with that but as it stands they just sound salty because they feel left behind with the price movement.

If they had come in without the attitude I would have chipped in to get them their coins back.
Activity: 126

We took over Bitcoin too.  Wait till you see what happens August 1st.

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

Depth chart to get back to 1k looking pretty good.

Looking forward for the global crash to end
legendary
It is a store of value and like any store of value the expectation is that it will not evaporate. If you buy anything of value, metals, stocks etc whatever doesn't matter, if you buy shares in Google or a handful of diamond etc it doesn't matter, those stores of value are going to fluctuate in their overall worth, but you are never going to wake up one morning and have them disappeared. That would be theft/fraud. But in the cryptoworld I guess thats okay. There are a million examples of why this is important. What about the person who invests a little for their kids, backs up the wallet and puts it away in a safe or safety deposit box. So much for buy and hold! How about a person who has had a serious accident, like they were in a coma for a year and unable to check in every month.  You think their investment bank is going to tell them,  "oh sorry you didnt check your investment for a year so we just destroyed it".

Your statement is false. Stocks have reverse splits which essentially "burn" shares of the company and reduce your holdings with the intention of increasing the value of the remaining shares but that does not always happen or companies can go out of business and all shares you hold become worthless. If you bought into enron (or countless other failed companies) and went into a coma for a couple years you would wake up and have nothing.

The original Dope Coin was essentially going out of business so they completed a reverse split, burned the old coins and issued a new blockchain. See? Real life scenario.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
It is a store of value and like any store of value the expectation is that it will not evaporate. If you buy anything of value, metals, stocks etc whatever doesn't matter, if you buy shares in Google or a handful of diamond etc it doesn't matter, those stores of value are going to fluctuate in their overall worth, but you are never going to wake up one morning and have them disappeared. That would be theft/fraud. But in the cryptoworld I guess thats okay. There are a million examples of why this is important. What about the person who invests a little for their kids, backs up the wallet and puts it away in a safe or safety deposit box. So much for buy and hold! How about a person who has had a serious accident, like they were in a coma for a year and unable to check in every month.  You think their investment bank is going to tell them,  "oh sorry you didnt check your investment for a year so we just destroyed it".
legendary
lol well this is not gold... its a cryptocurrency. A coin swap is not uncommon in this space and again.... you should have paid attention to your investment. I am sorry you lost your holdings but it definitely could have been avoided.
Pages:
Jump to: